“Really Not Worth $200 a Night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #51 of 130 hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Really Not Worth $200 a Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not worth what I paid for it. I had to book it last minute because I realised just in time I had booked a hotel in the wrong city so this was one of the few hotels left that were "cheaper" but seemed like a quality hotel.
Firstly, let me say the service was great. The guy at check in was lovely and he even changed my double to a king at no cost because he thought it would be nice and believe me, it was extremely appreciated after a 9 hour flight. I also got a free (yummy) cookie as a welcome. So service is not an issue.

The rooms are average. The bed is very comfy and afforded me an excellent and instant sleep but there is NO airconditoning! The cleanliness was also questionable - I found a previous guest's clipped fingernail and there was a bit of grime along the bathroom sink. The powerpoints need changing - pushing a plug in is a bit questionable as they look about to break and they bend when you do that!

Value is poor. $200 a night with NO breakfast included? Come on!

Good points; the service, the free WiFi, the comfortable bed, the proximity to the airport. But given these things should be standard, that doesn't save it from getting an only average score and if I ever I return to Miami, I'm unlikely to choose this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013

692 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Outstanding Service for Veterans / Military, Clean and Superb. we stayed as couple celebrating St Valentine all was excellent. Used the Valet parking and the "sabroso" delicious breakfast. Had a nice time.
The Lobby express check out was quick just returned the key and that's it

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a late flight arrival, but the hotel still sent a shuttle to pick us up even after midnight! The cookies were warm on check in and check in itself took very little time which was good as we were exhausted! My wife kept commenting on how nice the hotel and the room itself smelled. Very well appointed and the room was very spacious and comfortable. DoubleTree is always my go to hotel. Had a breakfast buffet that was excellent even if it was a little more expensive than if we left the hotel, but can you put a price on convieniance?

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night, Jan. 12-13, 2013. At the airport we didn't have to wait long for a shuttle, it was there shortly after we came outside. The driver was very courteous as were all the staff we met. We got suggestions for dinner from the concierge and because the shuttle was busy, he came and personally picked us up when we were ready to come back to the hotel. Thanks, Raoul! The beds were comfy and the pool area was spotless and lovely. The following morning we took a $10 shuttle to the port and were there in plenty of time and boarded quickly. Next time we will come one day earlier to explore the Miami area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 2/8/13. The hotel is close to Miami International Airport and probably 20 mins from the Port of Miami. We checked in around 8 PM. Had a burger and beer at the hotel bar. Got up in the AM, had the buffet breakfast and were on the cruise port shuttle ($10) by 11 AM the next day.

It's a nice, neat, clean hotel that gets a lot of traffic everyday due to its proximity to Mia International. If I were to do it gain, I think I'd take a direct flight into FLL. There are a ton of hotels near that airport and it is very close to Port Everglades and a $20 shuttle ride to the Port of Miami

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My first stay at this location. Worked great for conference I was attending and free shuttle (at top/bottom of hour) to/from airport saved me car rental and messing w/traffic. Call hotel in advance for Door number of pickup area at airport so you are certain to get correct shuttle as there are several under Hilton banner. My room wasn't quite ready so front desk generously provided free drink/appetizer voucher. Very comfy lobby bar area. They ran into unexpected issue w/room so took a bit longer than anticipated. Again they provided (unsolicited) another drink voucher plus free movie w/snacks of popcorn and water. I had no meetings that night so I was able to enjoy the movie for a change. Be sure to eat dinner at Rioja. Everything I had was phenomenal and full of flavor. Get the Manchego/chorizo (dry sausage type not Mexican crumbly type) with lemon vinaigrette - wow! Exploding with flavor! The almond coated Mahi w/citrus sauce was so tender and crunchy at the same time. Fresh fish and bloodline removed meant no "fishy" taste. Would have loved dessert but had no room. Breakfast buffet was also full of fresh fruit, juices,pastries, various egg/meats/tater hot dishes including my favorite Eggs Benedict that I don't often have access to. Also French toast and delicious coffee and custom-made omelette bar. Not that hungry for breakfast? Au Bon Pain is inside the attached convention center. All around great stay: comfy bed, clean quiet room, outstanding service and fantastic food.

• Stayed February 2013
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed for one night before our cruise. Terrible Terrible shuttle service from airport. Kept standing and waiting but all shuttles were full before they came to our stop. Very frustrating. Finally one of our party of 4 stepped in front of shutte and they said someone was on the way. They need more shuttles to provide better service. Took 1 1/2 hours to finally get someone to stop again. Property was old and needed updating but was clean and beds were very comfortable. Did some shopping in mall attached and ate dinner in bar. Food was just ok but expensive. I was disappointed that they did not have complimentary breakfast and the other couple that was with us went to breakfast and was told they only had buffet at $15 each. Very expensive. Also had to pay for shuttle to docks next day at $10 each. I will explore other options for hotels if I come to Miami again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the series of missteps you encountered during your stay. I apologize for the shuttle transportation inconvenience and we are currently reviewing times and availability to ensure we accommodate guests in an efficient manor particularly during our peak season with President's weekend and the Boat Show approaching. We are always keeping amenity costs in mind while we strive to improve our guest experience and will definitely keep your suggestions in mind, I should like to point out howerever, that our food prices are maintained in line with area restaurants and are significantly below the full service hotels in the area. I know how many hotel options you have in the Miami area, and we hope that you can give us another chance to show you our true hospitality.

Kind regards,