This hotel is not worth what I paid for it. I had to book it last minute because I realised just in time I had booked a hotel in the wrong city so this was one of the few hotels left that were "cheaper" but seemed like a quality hotel.
Firstly, let me say the service was great. The guy at check in was lovely and he even changed my double to a king at no cost because he thought it would be nice and believe me, it was extremely appreciated after a 9 hour flight. I also got a free (yummy) cookie as a welcome. So service is not an issue.
The rooms are average. The bed is very comfy and afforded me an excellent and instant sleep but there is NO airconditoning! The cleanliness was also questionable - I found a previous guest's clipped fingernail and there was a bit of grime along the bathroom sink. The powerpoints need changing - pushing a plug in is a bit questionable as they look about to break and they bend when you do that!
Value is poor. $200 a night with NO breakfast included? Come on!
Good points; the service, the free WiFi, the comfortable bed, the proximity to the airport. But given these things should be standard, that doesn't save it from getting an only average score and if I ever I return to Miami, I'm unlikely to choose this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated guest rooms will let you know "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center's convenient location to the Miami International Airport (MIA) is adjoined to the Miami International Merchandise Mart and the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Shop, meet or just enjoy all of Miami from this destination spot. Situated by the Waterford Blue Lagoon Business District and offering easy highway access to the Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. This hotel in Miami, FL offers a beauty salon, a plaza of shops and gift stores, and 24-hour complimentary airport transportation to and from MIA Airport. The spacious over-sized guest rooms, 17 suites for entertaining and the complimentary guest room WiFi are just starters. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. The temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Grab and Go food favorites at Au Bu Pain along with 24 hour food service are surpassed only by the three restaurants/lounges featuring an array of culinary creations. Be sure to include a evening of dining on fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. Ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. Imagine almost 60 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 7,000 to 28,000 sq. Ft., Ground level exposition space of over 70,000 sq. Ft. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami