“Helpful and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #43 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Helpful and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a late flight arrival, but the hotel still sent a shuttle to pick us up even after midnight! The cookies were warm on check in and check in itself took very little time which was good as we were exhausted! My wife kept commenting on how nice the hotel and the room itself smelled. Very well appointed and the room was very spacious and comfortable. DoubleTree is always my go to hotel. Had a breakfast buffet that was excellent even if it was a little more expensive than if we left the hotel, but can you put a price on convieniance?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night, Jan. 12-13, 2013. At the airport we didn't have to wait long for a shuttle, it was there shortly after we came outside. The driver was very courteous as were all the staff we met. We got suggestions for dinner from the concierge and because the shuttle was busy, he came and personally picked us up when we were ready to come back to the hotel. Thanks, Raoul! The beds were comfy and the pool area was spotless and lovely. The following morning we took a $10 shuttle to the port and were there in plenty of time and boarded quickly. Next time we will come one day earlier to explore the Miami area.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 2/8/13. The hotel is close to Miami International Airport and probably 20 mins from the Port of Miami. We checked in around 8 PM. Had a burger and beer at the hotel bar. Got up in the AM, had the buffet breakfast and were on the cruise port shuttle ($10) by 11 AM the next day.

It's a nice, neat, clean hotel that gets a lot of traffic everyday due to its proximity to Mia International. If I were to do it gain, I think I'd take a direct flight into FLL. There are a ton of hotels near that airport and it is very close to Port Everglades and a $20 shuttle ride to the Port of Miami

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

My first stay at this location. Worked great for conference I was attending and free shuttle (at top/bottom of hour) to/from airport saved me car rental and messing w/traffic. Call hotel in advance for Door number of pickup area at airport so you are certain to get correct shuttle as there are several under Hilton banner. My room wasn't quite ready so front desk generously provided free drink/appetizer voucher. Very comfy lobby bar area. They ran into unexpected issue w/room so took a bit longer than anticipated. Again they provided (unsolicited) another drink voucher plus free movie w/snacks of popcorn and water. I had no meetings that night so I was able to enjoy the movie for a change. Be sure to eat dinner at Rioja. Everything I had was phenomenal and full of flavor. Get the Manchego/chorizo (dry sausage type not Mexican crumbly type) with lemon vinaigrette - wow! Exploding with flavor! The almond coated Mahi w/citrus sauce was so tender and crunchy at the same time. Fresh fish and bloodline removed meant no "fishy" taste. Would have loved dessert but had no room. Breakfast buffet was also full of fresh fruit, juices,pastries, various egg/meats/tater hot dishes including my favorite Eggs Benedict that I don't often have access to. Also French toast and delicious coffee and custom-made omelette bar. Not that hungry for breakfast? Au Bon Pain is inside the attached convention center. All around great stay: comfy bed, clean quiet room, outstanding service and fantastic food.

• Stayed February 2013
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed for one night before our cruise. Terrible Terrible shuttle service from airport. Kept standing and waiting but all shuttles were full before they came to our stop. Very frustrating. Finally one of our party of 4 stepped in front of shutte and they said someone was on the way. They need more shuttles to provide better service. Took 1 1/2 hours to finally get someone to stop again. Property was old and needed updating but was clean and beds were very comfortable. Did some shopping in mall attached and ate dinner in bar. Food was just ok but expensive. I was disappointed that they did not have complimentary breakfast and the other couple that was with us went to breakfast and was told they only had buffet at $15 each. Very expensive. Also had to pay for shuttle to docks next day at $10 each. I will explore other options for hotels if I come to Miami again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the series of missteps you encountered during your stay. I apologize for the shuttle transportation inconvenience and we are currently reviewing times and availability to ensure we accommodate guests in an efficient manor particularly during our peak season with President's weekend and the Boat Show approaching. We are always keeping amenity costs in mind while we strive to improve our guest experience and will definitely keep your suggestions in mind, I should like to point out howerever, that our food prices are maintained in line with area restaurants and are significantly below the full service hotels in the area. I know how many hotel options you have in the Miami area, and we hope that you can give us another chance to show you our true hospitality.

Kind regards,
Tony Ferrara
Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com
Vaasa Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Really nice and comfortable hotel. Nice and big rooms. Nice pool area. Good service and kind staff. Value for money. I recommend it warmly to people who for instance need a one night stay near to the airport. Free airport tranfer. We will surely come back!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is a dump. It's desperately in need of upgrades and capitalizes on its proximity to the convention center. I recommend calling hotels close by to see if they'll offer shuttles to the convention center. I heard they are nicer and lower in price than the DoubleTree. The only benefit of this hotel is that it's connected to the convention center. Other than that, it is not worth the price. They do have a complimentary airport shuttle, which was nice. The business center is workable if you have to figure something out for printing. It's not closet to anything other then the convention center, though.

Also, I left a travel neck pillow in my room, called immediately after realizing it, but it "couldn't be found." Clearly a maid now owns it. This is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine with hotels. If I know I left something and call within a week, you should be able to return it.

Note: Stayed in November 2011.

Room Tip: Airport view is nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
First, My apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during the course of your stay at the Doubletree Miami Airport Convention Center. We're so glad you chose to stay with us during your business travels to the area and we apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Refresh suggestions are always something we look into, however I should like to point out that our public area has undergone a complete make-over which started around the time of your stay in 2011, 16 months ago, and was completed in January 2012. I have received rave reviews on the new décor package. We continue to make improvements to our guest experience and hotel decor on an annual basis and I should mention that our over-sized guest rooms are second to none in the area. I also appreciate that you alerted me to the neck pillow that you left after checking out and allowing me the opportunity to follow up with housekeeping and security. Our security department maintains lost and found items on inventory for 90 days, so I would agree you should have no problem retrieving a found item should contact the hotel after a week or month for that matter. In the event that you wish to explore this further please contact me at 305-260-8912 or Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com . I would look forward to speaking with you. We hope that we'll one day have another opportunity to serve you.
Regards, Tony Ferrara