“I am really happy that I chose this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #57 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Vaasa Finland
“I am really happy that I chose this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Really nice and comfortable hotel. Nice and big rooms. Nice pool area. Good service and kind staff. Value for money. I recommend it warmly to people who for instance need a one night stay near to the airport. Free airport tranfer. We will surely come back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is a dump. It's desperately in need of upgrades and capitalizes on its proximity to the convention center. I recommend calling hotels close by to see if they'll offer shuttles to the convention center. I heard they are nicer and lower in price than the DoubleTree. The only benefit of this hotel is that it's connected to the convention center. Other than that, it is not worth the price. They do have a complimentary airport shuttle, which was nice. The business center is workable if you have to figure something out for printing. It's not closet to anything other then the convention center, though.

Also, I left a travel neck pillow in my room, called immediately after realizing it, but it "couldn't be found." Clearly a maid now owns it. This is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine with hotels. If I know I left something and call within a week, you should be able to return it.

Note: Stayed in November 2011.

Room Tip: Airport view is nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
First, My apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during the course of your stay at the Doubletree Miami Airport Convention Center. We're so glad you chose to stay with us during your business travels to the area and we apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Refresh suggestions are always something we look into, however I should like to point out that our public area has undergone a complete make-over which started around the time of your stay in 2011, 16 months ago, and was completed in January 2012. I have received rave reviews on the new décor package. We continue to make improvements to our guest experience and hotel decor on an annual basis and I should mention that our over-sized guest rooms are second to none in the area. I also appreciate that you alerted me to the neck pillow that you left after checking out and allowing me the opportunity to follow up with housekeeping and security. Our security department maintains lost and found items on inventory for 90 days, so I would agree you should have no problem retrieving a found item should contact the hotel after a week or month for that matter. In the event that you wish to explore this further please contact me at 305-260-8912 or Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com . I would look forward to speaking with you. We hope that we'll one day have another opportunity to serve you.
Regards, Tony Ferrara
Dallas, Texas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed 2013-01-31 to 3013-02-01 and planned to stay again in three days after work in the FL Keys. The shuttle driver was a maniac but did get six of us to the hotel in one piece. The hotel lobby was under construction and was a dusty mess. This was not revealed online and was an unpleasant arrival. To learn that the bar was a four seat area with no TV due to the construction was also very disappointing. The rooms are standard with a sweet dreams bed which is always nice. But, the bathroom had not been cleaned and the toilet was more than nasty. I took a picture and showed the front desk clerk who did get housekeeping to my room right away. As a Hilton Honors member, I am rather loyal, but things like this make loyalty less important. In lieu of staying here i changed to the Sofitel which was great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
We're so happy you chose to stay with us during your travels to Miami. We appreciate your flexibility as we undergo some growing pains we were completing renovations to the flooring of our Tapas and Burger Bar located adjacnet the lobby which were completed February 2nd and we apologize for the inconvenience. Based on your review, we're working with our staff on ways to minimize construction inconvenience and improve our notifications to guests. I've also addressed the cleanliness concerns and shuttle services you had and can assure you this is being taken very seriously. We truly appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and value your business. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you again and show you our improvements.

Warm regards,
Tony Ferrara,
Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com
Lexington Park, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at this property for one night before boarding a cruise ship in Miami. The plus was that it did offer a 24hour complimentary airport shuttle - important for us since our flight did not arrive until after midnight. A lot of hotel shuttles end at 11pm. The hotel is somewhat dated but clean. I was disappointed that breakfast was not free, though wi-fi was. The location of the hotel is such that you are limited to the hotel restaurant - I did not see anything within immediate walking distance. Other than a gas station nearby, we saw no other retail/eating establishments within a couple of blocks - not a tourist friendly location. The pool area was nice as was every staff member we encountered. The hotel works with an outside service to provide shuttle service to the cruise port for a fee of $10 per person. This shuttle was on time, fast and efficient. The 3 of us in our group could have taken a taxi for $25 total vs. $30 for the shuttle, but the concierge talked us out of that, stating that it could be difficult to get a taxi at the time we desired. I don't think this would have been the case. There is probably a kick-back from the shuttle service to the hotel. The shuttle service did stop at 2 other ships 1st to let passengers out before arriving at our ship, but that is just the way it is, based on the line up of ships in port.

This hotel would not be my first choice if going back to Miami for a pre or post cruise stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with prior to your cruise trip and we appreciate your feedback about some improvements we can make to our offerings. We never want to be anything less than helpful and apologize if you felt mislead by our shuttle service vendor's recommendations. We've shared your comments with our Rooms Division Manager, the vendor and front office associates so this can be addressed in the future and can assure you that our intentions are to have honest and valuable suggestions. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me at your earliet convenience if I may be of any assistance.

Tony Ferrara,
TFerrara@doubletreemacc.com
miami,fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here for a night. The stay was ok, the staff was very nice and helpful at the front desk and the cafe had decent service. The room was alright, but it was not cleaned very well and i noticed some chips on some furniture. The hotel has some stores with clothing in the plaza shopping area, so i did a little bit of shopping before i left. Definitely stop by the dress shop infront of the cafe- they had amazing stuff! I also noticed in the bathrooms of the lobby and by the stores that it wasn't very clean, so hotel management might want to look into better cleaning people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This property is a Hilton Doubletree hotel located close to the airport with fairly easy access to downtown Miami. The rooms are average for a Doubletree and airport hotel location.
The pool area is okay, not great, but the South Beach is where you would go for leisure time or fun in the sun. The restaurant is typical with good food choices from salmon to pasta.
I enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Parking is located on the side of hotel with a daily fee separate from hotel with easy access to hotel and lobby area.

Room Tip: Book a room up high
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after a flight was cancelled. British Airways gave us meal vouchers for the 24 hour period. The meal vouchers were for 30, 25 and 15 dollars for dinner, lunch and breakfast respectively. However when we checked in the reception staff issued vouchers for 25, 20 and 15 dollars only. When I queried this they said it was an "oversight" but they then proceeded to try the same ruse with all 80 passengers from the same cancelled flight who were checking in, deducting 10 dollars from the total value of the meal vouchers.
For a hotel of this standard this was very disappointing and worrying. How much money has the hotel taken dishonestly in this way over the years?
The quality of the rooms etc. was good, but this incident soured our experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I must apologize for the misunderstanding and inconvenience that you may have experienced due to the voucher situation. However I must also inform you that your speculative accusations are very much in error. First the hotel is not paid by "voucher" it is allowed to invoice the airline with a guest check attached to a guest room folio with appropriate documentation (signed registration card, etc). In the Case of the airline mentioned in your correspondence they issue a hotel voucher which also has printed on it (1) Breakfast at USD 0, (1) Luncheon at USD 0, (1) Dinner USD 0. In the event that the Airline does wish to compensate the guest for meals - they send a Fax document directly to the hotel with the dollar values 'not to exceed' that they will reimburse the hotel to cover their guest's meal expense. The hotel then issues meal vouchers (at check-in) with the appropriate airline specified dollar values. The hotel is paid only the total of the guest check up to this dollar value as specified by the airline. In the event that the hotel did lower the airline specified dollar value it would lose potential revenue and gain absolutely nothing. After your correspondence was noted, my controller and I personally audited all of the airline BA vouchers for the past 3 months and found that all hotel meal vouchers had been issued in accordance with the faxed airline instructions. There were several vouchers with hand-written dollar amounts without signature and airline authorization stamp; in which case the "faxed" voucher value would have superseded the handwritten unauthorized totals. My recommendation is that going forward should you have a question or issue while staying at any full service hotel as the guest of an airline, that you bring it to the attention of the "Manager On Duty" of the hotel who will be happy to contact the airline on your behalf to resolve any issues. Again, I must apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced. I know that being displaced by an airline can be a very frustrating experience. In the event that I may be of any further service on this issue or may assist you in the future, please contact me directly at 305-260-8912 or via TFerrara@doubletreemacc.com.

Tony Ferrara