We stayed at this property for one night before boarding a cruise ship in Miami. The plus was that it did offer a 24hour complimentary airport shuttle - important for us since our flight did not arrive until after midnight. A lot of hotel shuttles end at 11pm. The hotel is somewhat dated but clean. I was disappointed that breakfast was not free, though wi-fi was. The location of the hotel is such that you are limited to the hotel restaurant - I did not see anything within immediate walking distance. Other than a gas station nearby, we saw no other retail/eating establishments within a couple of blocks - not a tourist friendly location. The pool area was nice as was every staff member we encountered. The hotel works with an outside service to provide shuttle service to the cruise port for a fee of $10 per person. This shuttle was on time, fast and efficient. The 3 of us in our group could have taken a taxi for $25 total vs. $30 for the shuttle, but the concierge talked us out of that, stating that it could be difficult to get a taxi at the time we desired. I don't think this would have been the case. There is probably a kick-back from the shuttle service to the hotel. The shuttle service did stop at 2 other ships 1st to let passengers out before arriving at our ship, but that is just the way it is, based on the line up of ships in port.
This hotel would not be my first choice if going back to Miami for a pre or post cruise stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated guest rooms will let you know "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center's convenient location to the Miami International Airport (MIA) is adjoined to the Miami International Merchandise Mart and the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Shop, meet or just enjoy all of Miami from this destination spot. Situated by the Waterford Blue Lagoon Business District and offering easy highway access to the Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. This hotel in Miami, FL offers a beauty salon, a plaza of shops and gift stores, and 24-hour complimentary airport transportation to and from MIA Airport. The spacious over-sized guest rooms, 17 suites for entertaining and the complimentary guest room WiFi are just starters. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. The temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Grab and Go food favorites at Au Bu Pain along with 24 hour food service are surpassed only by the three restaurants/lounges featuring an array of culinary creations. Be sure to include a evening of dining on fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. Ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. Imagine almost 60 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 7,000 to 28,000 sq. Ft., Ground level exposition space of over 70,000 sq. Ft. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami