“Value and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #50 of 130 hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“Value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this property duriing a business trip last week. It was approximately a 10-minute ride from the airport, so great convenience. Pricing in this area is fairly high but once you get below this price point, the reviews and service at other properties is not recommended.

There is self-parking available for $7 per night and free wi-fi. Front desk staff were a little aloof but friendly and helpful. I did like that on-site dining offered several options if you don't have the opportunity to get out and about. There is a sports bar-type area in the lobby and a sit down restaurant nearby, both reasonably priced. There was also a pool area.

I found my room to be extremely clean, comfortable and large. I did not hear much hall noise during the course of the evenings and was able to sleep comfortably. I did not use the shuttle service but I saw that it was available.

I would recommend this hotel and will certainly use it again if I need to stay near the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 10th floor and above are better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

684 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
surrey, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Booked on booking.com for about £125 for a double room over the holiday season - good price!!
We arrived late at night at Miami airport and were irritated to wait over 30mins for the shuttle and when it arrived it was full! I called the hotel and we waited another 15 mins for the next one to arrive.
Lovely warm cookies on arrival which soon cheered us up!
We booked two double rooms and had an extra single in one of them. rooms were a good size, very clean and modern. Big tv, clean and modern bathroom, plenty of fresh towels and toiletries to add.
We ate at one of the restaurants for dinner and one for breakfast, normal hotel prices but with good qulaitty and choice of foods for all.
The pool are was lovely and large, plenty of sunlight as well as shady areas, secluded area not overly viewed by other hotel guests.. the jacuzzi was out of order.
There is a selction of shops at this hotel which all looked modern however we didnt require any of them.
Concierge was helpful with the luggage.
Good value hotel near the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Double Tree was an excellent choice with friendly and helpful staff, very nice room, both in size and furnishings, overall an excellent hotel. We took advantage of the pool area and the kids really enjoyed both the pool and the hot tub. We would not hesitate to use this hotel again. The shuttle service to airport was fast and the driver very courteous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel many years ago when it was another brand (Marriott maybe ?), as I used to go to shows at the attached convention center. I always found the convenience and the rooms worthy of the high room rates. The room rates are still high, but definitely not worth it. My room was dirty: hair in the tub, carpet kind of ratty. My room had some maintenance issues that needed to be addressed: picture frames were chipped, bathroom sink stopper was stuck in the down position, fan in bathroom screeched terribly. Housekeeping for this room obviously were not doing their job as the coffee set up came with no sweetener/.sugar or stir sticks, garbage in bottom of bin. Definitely not worth the money. I would have requested another room, but by the time I discovered the problems it was after 10 pm and was checking out the next morning. I did let the front desk clerk know on checkout, but she didn't seem to care, I got an "O.K.", no "sorry for that" or "thanks for letting us know". Very, very disappointing, won't stay here again. Not sure what's going on with Hilton Hotels, but last property I stayed at (a favorite of ours) was really below acceptable standards.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a beautiful property! Very clean. The food was fabulous. Very pleasant staff. I have stayed at one other Doubletree and I would stay at either one again. Pool area was nice and clean with photographic landscaping.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the prettier the view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Let me first state that I used my points to stay here for 3 nights. I have found that when you cash in points on Hilton properties, everything is upgraded. That being said, we checked in quickly, they gave us coupons for two free drinks and a free appetizer. They put us on the 11th floor which is part of the executive section. This includes a free 'happy hour' during the week. We could also enjoy breakfast there or go to the main dining room. I would recommend going to the main dining room as there were more choices. The room was very nice and clean. The sheets were so soft, we slept really hard.

They are doing construction on the front of the building, but there is someone to direct you to a parking area. We had to pay $7 parking/day. On the last day I convinced the parking attendant that we were going to be leaving very early the next day and couldn't we just pay $5. He let us.

Room Tip: The hotel is right next to the airport and our room overlooked the airport. We didnt' have any...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bala, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Three of us were booked in Dec 29th 2012 by U.K. agents Imagine Cruising for an overnight stop before returning to U. K. Surly reception staff confirmed a booking in our name but said it had been cancelled by hotelbeds.com (a third party booking) The reception staff said there was no room to allocate to us and rooms in other hotels were booked up! Presumably they thought they could scare us into parting with money.
Since two of us have been involved in Tourism for more than 20 years we were not phased.
We stated that we were familiar with the trick of cancelling in order to bring in a higher room rate.
We phoned the U.K.agents who passed on our message to the emergency help team.
3 refreshment vouchers were issued to us at this stage whilst we waited for U.K. advice.
Within 2 hours U.K. agents came through and we were checked in to a nice room and the free courtesy bus to airport next day was useful.
It is shameful for such practices to blight the name of HILTON and for staff not to show courtesy to foreign tourists on their last night stay in Miami. No apology was forthcoming. Staff TRAINING
needed here.