“Hotel needs work” 2 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #51 of 129 hotels in Miami
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
“Hotel needs work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel many years ago when it was another brand (Marriott maybe ?), as I used to go to shows at the attached convention center. I always found the convenience and the rooms worthy of the high room rates. The room rates are still high, but definitely not worth it. My room was dirty: hair in the tub, carpet kind of ratty. My room had some maintenance issues that needed to be addressed: picture frames were chipped, bathroom sink stopper was stuck in the down position, fan in bathroom screeched terribly. Housekeeping for this room obviously were not doing their job as the coffee set up came with no sweetener/.sugar or stir sticks, garbage in bottom of bin. Definitely not worth the money. I would have requested another room, but by the time I discovered the problems it was after 10 pm and was checking out the next morning. I did let the front desk clerk know on checkout, but she didn't seem to care, I got an "O.K.", no "sorry for that" or "thanks for letting us know". Very, very disappointing, won't stay here again. Not sure what's going on with Hilton Hotels, but last property I stayed at (a favorite of ours) was really below acceptable standards.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

710 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a beautiful property! Very clean. The food was fabulous. Very pleasant staff. I have stayed at one other Doubletree and I would stay at either one again. Pool area was nice and clean with photographic landscaping.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the prettier the view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Let me first state that I used my points to stay here for 3 nights. I have found that when you cash in points on Hilton properties, everything is upgraded. That being said, we checked in quickly, they gave us coupons for two free drinks and a free appetizer. They put us on the 11th floor which is part of the executive section. This includes a free 'happy hour' during the week. We could also enjoy breakfast there or go to the main dining room. I would recommend going to the main dining room as there were more choices. The room was very nice and clean. The sheets were so soft, we slept really hard.

They are doing construction on the front of the building, but there is someone to direct you to a parking area. We had to pay $7 parking/day. On the last day I convinced the parking attendant that we were going to be leaving very early the next day and couldn't we just pay $5. He let us.

Room Tip: The hotel is right next to the airport and our room overlooked the airport. We didnt' have any...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bala, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Three of us were booked in Dec 29th 2012 by U.K. agents Imagine Cruising for an overnight stop before returning to U. K. Surly reception staff confirmed a booking in our name but said it had been cancelled by hotelbeds.com (a third party booking) The reception staff said there was no room to allocate to us and rooms in other hotels were booked up! Presumably they thought they could scare us into parting with money.
Since two of us have been involved in Tourism for more than 20 years we were not phased.
We stated that we were familiar with the trick of cancelling in order to bring in a higher room rate.
We phoned the U.K.agents who passed on our message to the emergency help team.
3 refreshment vouchers were issued to us at this stage whilst we waited for U.K. advice.
Within 2 hours U.K. agents came through and we were checked in to a nice room and the free courtesy bus to airport next day was useful.
It is shameful for such practices to blight the name of HILTON and for staff not to show courtesy to foreign tourists on their last night stay in Miami. No apology was forthcoming. Staff TRAINING
needed here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This Hotel is perfect for the business traveler. Close to the airport and only about 20-25 mins from downtown (without traffic). The hotel was clean. When I stayed I was lucky enough to stay on the 11th floor which was the executive level, where I got to have breakfast in the floors own lounge instead of eating downstairs with everyone else. It was nice because there were few other people up there. The breakfast was good, can't complain. The only issue with the room was that the bolt on the back of the door frame (which locks the flipover lock at night), was broken. But I told the staff at the front desk and they sent a staff member up right away to fix it.

Room Tip: Ask for the 11th floor if you can, so that you can have a quiet breakfast in the small executive lou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This review is of the DoubleShot Restaurant located inside the DoubleTree Hilton in Miami, Florida. I just want to say that the drinks, food, ambience, and service is wonderful. My family and I dined there on our way to our Carnival Ship last spring. We dined on quesadillas, ceviche with crab, burgers, and fries. We all had strawberry Margaritas. Lots of them!!! We did not go at a busy time, so the service was fast. The food was great and we just want to say that!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Hotel over sold and we booked and confirmed with hotel for subtle bed and non smoking because we have a child with asthma issue. The counter manager just rude and said you booked with third party and no guarantee. It was good when I called 1 week ago now it's not because over sold? She even told me if you don't like it just cancel and she will refund. It's 8 pm and where do I find another one? Just unacceptable with really bad attitude! Do not recommend!!! They will put you into toilet if they can or have to if you book thru third party!!

• Stayed December 2012