Three of us were booked in Dec 29th 2012 by U.K. agents Imagine Cruising for an overnight stop before returning to U. K. Surly reception staff confirmed a booking in our name but said it had been cancelled by hotelbeds.com (a third party booking) The reception staff said there was no room to allocate to us and rooms in other hotels were booked up! Presumably they thought they could scare us into parting with money.
Since two of us have been involved in Tourism for more than 20 years we were not phased.
We stated that we were familiar with the trick of cancelling in order to bring in a higher room rate.
We phoned the U.K.agents who passed on our message to the emergency help team.
3 refreshment vouchers were issued to us at this stage whilst we waited for U.K. advice.
Within 2 hours U.K. agents came through and we were checked in to a nice room and the free courtesy bus to airport next day was useful.
It is shameful for such practices to blight the name of HILTON and for staff not to show courtesy to foreign tourists on their last night stay in Miami. No apology was forthcoming. Staff TRAINING
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated Lobby, lobby bar, signature restaurant, club loungeMiami's newest convention center over 172,000 sq ft of meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami