“DoubleShot Bar And Grill Review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #52 of 131 hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“DoubleShot Bar And Grill Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This review is of the DoubleShot Restaurant located inside the DoubleTree Hilton in Miami, Florida. I just want to say that the drinks, food, ambience, and service is wonderful. My family and I dined there on our way to our Carnival Ship last spring. We dined on quesadillas, ceviche with crab, burgers, and fries. We all had strawberry Margaritas. Lots of them!!! We did not go at a busy time, so the service was fast. The food was great and we just want to say that!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Hotel over sold and we booked and confirmed with hotel for subtle bed and non smoking because we have a child with asthma issue. The counter manager just rude and said you booked with third party and no guarantee. It was good when I called 1 week ago now it's not because over sold? She even told me if you don't like it just cancel and she will refund. It's 8 pm and where do I find another one? Just unacceptable with really bad attitude! Do not recommend!!! They will put you into toilet if they can or have to if you book thru third party!!

• Stayed December 2012
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night, staff extremely helpful. Was able to find the cheapest way to South Beach. Had some lunch, was decent. As always, depends on how much you pay? Overall, no complaints, takes 10 minutes on their shuttle to/from the airport.

• Stayed December 2012
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Where do I start. I first stayed here in April of 2012 and the rude staff made the one night terrible. After being contact by Mark ----- ( sales manager ) I took there offer to redeem the hotel by offering me 2 free nights. I returned on 6/03 and left on 6/08. The 1st 2 nights were OK however on 3rd day the same problems I faced the 1st time I stayed there came back. I was cursed at by a front desk employee ( Maria ) reservations Supervisor. Amile front desk supervisor is rude. TheGeneral Manager Tony just walked around with his nose stuck up in the air giving you dirty looks. The room was clean and the girls working the executive lounge was nice especially Samantha. Bree was the only friendly person who worked the front desk. Both F&B managers Jose and Fabian were very nice and friendly and was Well pleased with the service they provided. All the restaurant staff was nice. I would like to statethat i am a Hilton Diamond member and stay in approx 300 Hilton properties a year. I believe the problem with this hotel falls under bad management. Rude and hateful management equals bad and rude employees. Bottom line iwould never stay here again or recommed this place to anyone. I would suggest staying at a motel 6 first cause that's the level of service you will receive from the management.
THE WORSE HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT. TERRIBLE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT.. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2012
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We used a room at the DoubleTree while connecting flights to S. America. They were able to check us in WAY before check in time. The breakfast at the place was great and included several hot food items. The rooms were spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. The pool area was nice and not crowded. The shuttle runs every half hour to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel isn’t all bad…however the service is terrible! The staff is rude and help is almost inexistent! Keep way if you don’t want to get upset! Besides it is one of the worst located hotels of Miami Airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We've addressed your comments with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Regarding our location commentary I must point out - we are located 1/2 mile off the airport grounds with about a 10 minute convenient transport time to the terminal even in rush hour, we are also adjacent the blue lagoon business district less than 5 minutes to the farthest business address and if recreation is you desire we are less than 15 minutes to the heart of downtown at Brickell, Bayside and South Beach, so a more accurate term for describing our location would be "convenient". Please feel free to contact me directly so I can gather more details regarding your stay and help make things right. - Tony Ferrara, General Manager, 305-260-8912, Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com. Again my apologies, we hope to see you again during your next visit to the area

Tony Ferrara
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel before going on a cruise. We chose it because it was so close to the airport and we arrived in Miami a day early to check out the sites before going on our 7 day cruise. The breakfast was awesome (maybe some hard boiled eggs next time though?) The reception was so nice and helpful and the restaurant in the hotel was great as well.

Cone: The elevator was not working and climbing up many flights of stairs with our luggage was not fun. I hope they have now fixed that issue!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family