“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #57 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Guilford, Connecticut
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were put up at this hotel by American Airlines after getting stuck for ten hours in the Bahamas and missing our connection to JFK. I didn't expect such a nice, clean hotel. We arrived very late and ate at the bar. The food was delicious. Although we were only there briefly, I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having seen some of the reviews I was somewhat concerned however I have no complaints. I booked via Hotwire and got a good rate..The room was large, had all the necessities and was clean; maybe not modern but certainly not shabby. Free internet access in rooms and restaurants. The shuttle runs on the hour and half hour, free of charge, 24 hours a day. On arrival at the airport, there is not much signage showing you the way to hotel shuttles but once outside you just wait and hail the bus pertaining to your hotel. The hotel is 10 minutes drive away. At check in you are given a warm chocolate chip cookie.oh and the hotel shuttle has a large cookie painted on it..so if you see th at you'll know its the Double Tree Bus. You can print out your boarding pass and see flight arrivals/departures on a board in the lobby. The hotel also has several large shops just off the lobby. A full service restaurant, lobby bar serving tapas and a coffee shop for lunch and dinner. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The good- Close to the airport. We were able to leave our car there for only $42 for a week and take their shuttle to the airport for free even though we didn't stay there the night before we left. When we got back there driver was at the airport already so we didn't have to wait at all. Rooms were fairly large. The bad- room wasn't very nice. Every employee other that the shuttle driver was completely useless. The front desk was rude and could hardly speak English. They didn't help us with our bags even though plenty of employees saw us struggling with them. The service in the restaurant was horrible. Rude waitress kept ignoring us. She was walking directly towards me and looking at me and I said excuse me and she walked right on by several times. I would have to say that if you can get the room cheap enough and need to only spend one or 2 nights because you are traveling that it might be worth it. We will look somewhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for thanksgiving, we had another great stay (we stayed here last year at the same time). We were once again upgraded to a Junior Suite due to our Hilton HHonors status. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. We both enjoyed our free drink along with some very good apitizers at the bar. The cookies were also as usual warm and yummy. The most important thing is that the hotel and the room was clean. The breakfast buffet was also good as usual. I would stay here again. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Verona, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Spent a night to rest w family, after a long flight trip, close to airport so I could go and rent a car the morning after. Conveniently located, with courtesy shuttle. Old styled room, carpet/moquette floor, spacious room. Staff was helpful and friendly. They are close by a (small) market center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. I loved the location and the friendliness of the staff. I had an amazing bread pudding that I ordered through room service. My only complaint was that bed head was behind the wall where housekeeping keeps their supplies and every morning there was banging against my headboard. So when you are checking in please ask about the location of your room with regard to proximity of the housekeeping supplies room.

• Stayed October 2012
beiftravels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice doubletree, one of the better ones that I've seen.

Friendly front desk and parking is close by and a good deal.

Only thing is that I found a roach in the bathroom on my 2nd night....not very pleasant.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo