“Another Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #53 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for thanksgiving, we had another great stay (we stayed here last year at the same time). We were once again upgraded to a Junior Suite due to our Hilton HHonors status. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. We both enjoyed our free drink along with some very good apitizers at the bar. The cookies were also as usual warm and yummy. The most important thing is that the hotel and the room was clean. The breakfast buffet was also good as usual. I would stay here again. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Verona, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Spent a night to rest w family, after a long flight trip, close to airport so I could go and rent a car the morning after. Conveniently located, with courtesy shuttle. Old styled room, carpet/moquette floor, spacious room. Staff was helpful and friendly. They are close by a (small) market center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. I loved the location and the friendliness of the staff. I had an amazing bread pudding that I ordered through room service. My only complaint was that bed head was behind the wall where housekeeping keeps their supplies and every morning there was banging against my headboard. So when you are checking in please ask about the location of your room with regard to proximity of the housekeeping supplies room.

• Stayed October 2012
beiftravels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice doubletree, one of the better ones that I've seen.

Friendly front desk and parking is close by and a good deal.

Only thing is that I found a roach in the bathroom on my 2nd night....not very pleasant.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We needed to go to Taste of Peru last weekend and this hotel was perfect. Walking distance to the fair and to a huge mart where you can find anything you want. It's got a nice fitness center, rooms are quiet and nice, beds, spectacular. Nice view from our room, Cable TV with a lot of good channels, 2 of them in Spanish. Great room service, friendly people and a tasty cookie as a welcome gift, The breakfast buffet is very good.

Room Tip: There are rooms with nice view, Others point to the ceiling, beware.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here last June and it seemed okay. Stayed here again in 11/12 and it wasn't good. Arrived around 1pm and were told that no rooms were available on the executive level that we'd reserved unless we wanted a smoking room. The front desk personnel could have cared less and told us that we needed to wait until a room came available, so we sat in the lobby and waited and waited and waited. She never called us over, but finally I went over for the third time and asked if our room on the executive level was ready. She said it was, so we checked in. Went up to room and it was made up nicely however had a very large stain in the middle of the carpet. Bathtub had a clogg that wouldn't go down. Not to mention that the room was freezing cold. So I called down to the front desk and they told me the hotel didn't have any heat, however they would send up a space heater. Adequate, however very noisy clicking on and off all night long. The front desk also did not inform us that the executive lounge was closed on the weekends. Nor did they let us know that they didn't honor the 'park and fly' feature. We still had to pay $28 in a lot nearby for three nights parking. Nor did they tell us that a breakfast came with our room. Upon checkout I noticed a certificate for 2 in the check-in packet. Nobody at the front desk seemed to care. We will definitely go back to the Marriott chain for reliable service and the 'park and fly' feature offered to those who leave out of MIA. Upon our return at the MIA airport, shuttle was nowhere to be found. Waited almost 45 minutes and called twice.....never again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the runway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a one night stay at the Double Tree MIA. Free transport to and from the the MIA airport. Confusing at the airport for all hotels no signs or info but you just need to flag down the hotel bus or van you are staying at. Every 30 mins for DoubleTree.

Arriving at the hotel it is in the aiport district, not much around. The checkin staff was very friendly and the hotel was well maintained. I was early to checkin so I waited at the lobby bar. The staff was excellent. I noticed couple dislike something with their food, replaced the food, and the manager give personal attention and offer dinner at their restaurant because of the mistakes. That shows to me they try to make every customer happy and satisfied. My food was great and the servers good all around.
The room was very large, great view, great bed, flat screen TV. A great stay and a great sleep.
When I first checked into the room, I did notice the bathroom may need a little attention, so I stepped out asked the wonderful room stewertess to take a look and she imediatly fixed the situation.

I would recommend this hotel for buiness and travel. Great connection for the cruise lines.

Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Address: 711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#10 Spa Hotel in Miami
#42 Business Hotel in Miami
Newly renovated Lobby, lobby bar, signature restaurant, club loungeMiami's newest convention center over 172,000 sq ft of meeting space ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
Sheraton Mart Hotel
Miami Mart
Sheraton Miami

If you own or manage DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.