“Great Hotel - great for MIA travel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #52 of 131 hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“Great Hotel - great for MIA travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a one night stay at the Double Tree MIA. Free transport to and from the the MIA airport. Confusing at the airport for all hotels no signs or info but you just need to flag down the hotel bus or van you are staying at. Every 30 mins for DoubleTree.

Arriving at the hotel it is in the aiport district, not much around. The checkin staff was very friendly and the hotel was well maintained. I was early to checkin so I waited at the lobby bar. The staff was excellent. I noticed couple dislike something with their food, replaced the food, and the manager give personal attention and offer dinner at their restaurant because of the mistakes. That shows to me they try to make every customer happy and satisfied. My food was great and the servers good all around.
The room was very large, great view, great bed, flat screen TV. A great stay and a great sleep.
When I first checked into the room, I did notice the bathroom may need a little attention, so I stepped out asked the wonderful room stewertess to take a look and she imediatly fixed the situation.

I would recommend this hotel for buiness and travel. Great connection for the cruise lines.

Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

589 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a really nice stay at DoubleTree by Hilton MIA, the staff was really nice & the rooms were really clean & comfortable. The location is great for people that need to stay close to the airport, MIA is about 5 minutes away. It was a lot cheaper than the hotel I stayed at the previous night in Kendall which was $150 & DoubleTree was only $100 & in a better location. It was kind of hard to find the entrance to the property at first, I ended up missing the entrance & getting back on 836 from 72nd ave & got back off 836 at 57th ave to NW 7th street which is where the entrance really is located. I would definitely stay at DoubleTree MIA again the next time I visit Miami!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Beckley, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Staying here tonight due to an unexpected layover, this is certainly not a hotel I would choose to stay at again. The lobby appears to be very nicely remodeled, but there is a horrid odor throughout the entire building, including my room. I guess I would call it a mildew smell, but it's overpowering and obnoxious. Other than the awful smell, the rooms are very dated but clean. Hoping for at least a decent nights sleep.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I apologize for the unfortunate odor you experienced, throughout our hotel. We’ve reviewed your feedback with our engineers and management team and we do not have any other reports of this type of odor: the lobby, lounge and restaurants are all newly renovated and we do not have any type of mildew situation that would lead to this type of commentary- we did have a large group of international guests (smokers) staying at the hotel over hurricane Sandy who smoked outside the building and some of that may have filtered back into the lobby, but certainly not the entire hotel and we also did have some roofing work completed at the end of October/ beginning of November but that is the full extent of any type of odor that may have permeated the building for a brief time, since we do not know your date of stay we are unable to correlate these events. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can gather more details and help make things right. Tony Ferrara, General Manager, 305-260-8912, Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com. Again my apologies, we hope to see you again during your next visit to the area

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel front desk and restaurant staff were wonderful,my only complaint was the shuttle driver. One trip he made people wait at the airport for the next shuttle saying it was full.....there were 4 available seats still. On the trip back to the airport (we were traveling as 2 couples) we loaded the shuttle leaving seats for our husbands only for the bus driver to close the doors and try to drive off telling them it was full and they'd have to wait. Again there were still open seats so it was a lie.

• Stayed October 2012
Cambridge MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during October 2012 awaiting the moving van. We chose it because the hotels on Miami Beach were exorbitantly priced, and this hotel was dog friendly. Finding the property entrance is off-putting, the address provided (72nd Avenue) is not where the hotel entrance actually is (7th Avenue) requiring you to pay for convention/self-parking before getting to the hotel entrance, where valet is available at $7 more a day (worth it, unlimited in/ out). Not a problem the second time you need to go there. The biggest problem was our first (yup, we had to move) room, which suffered from an obnoxious odor (mildew wet rag) coming, we decided, from the AC unit. One of the most disgusting smells around, for sure. We moved the second night, after talking to an assistant manager, who thanked us for the feedback and promised to move our bags, but didn't follow through. First night, light dinner through room service was adequate; second night in the hotel restaurant was forgettable. Breakfast available to HiltonHonors members for free was quite good, with a very good selection of hot and cold foods. Second night room was large and smelled much better. Noticed throughout both rooms that items were broken or had become unattached from beds and walls and not repaired; hotel needs much better quality control by housekeeping. Empty beer bottle found on balcony also. Give me a break. Hotel staff generally polite and accommodating.

Room Tip: Assume you may want to change given the condition of rooms. Some issues may not be obvious at first...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Thank you late night staff!!!! I have worked at a hampton for 8 years now and customer service is our #1st,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10th priority!! lol My husband and I showed up around 11 pm and the ladies at the desk made us feel so welcomed and without questions our requests were gladly taken care of!! Kudos to this service which makes me proud to work for this brand!! I will certainly stay here whenever we are traveling to this area and will make sure my guests do as well!! Very clean, GREAT breakfast and SERVICE in dining!! Our new favorite place in miami!!! GREAT JOB!!! ....and THANK YOU!!!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view from the 11th floor and loved watching the planes!! And, were never woken by th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Double Tree by Hilton at the Miami airport was a great experience. We stayed at this hotel on a recent vacation to Miami. On check in our room was upgraded to deluxe suite, and the staff was very friendly. As our wedding anniversary was in a few days the hotel gave us breakfast vouchers for our entire stay, and snack vouchers for use at the bar which also included one drink. A request for more hot cookies was also met with a smiling face and given with out issue. Each night on return from touring Miami the staff would was very interested in talking with us. We couldn't of been more satisfied from the room upgrade, the free breakfast, and the wonderful staff all of which made our stay excellent!

Room Tip: If a family of four upgrade to the Deluxe suite which has enough space to accommodate four adults or...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple