“NICE HOTEL. BUT DOES HAVE SOME ISSUES.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #44 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California
“NICE HOTEL. BUT DOES HAVE SOME ISSUES.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was in Miami for 4 nights. I checked into this Hotel when I first arrived. The front desk staff was great. I received a room upgrade to a suite as a Hilton Diamond member. I was given a voucher for a free drink and a free appitizer. I left a cash deposit on my room account for addition charges to my room. Around 9:30 that evening I went to the lounge to use my voucher for the free appetizers. I had also purchased a drink. After I was finished I signed the receipt that totalled 7.45 I had over 50.00 credit on my room account. Now there were many other guest at the bar. I was walking towards the elevator when the female bartender yelled sir you need to come back you can't charge nothing to your room don't walk away from your bill. I then got angry as this was embarrassing I told her I was allowed and she then said don't go nowhere I have to call the front desk I told her please call the desk. Next she said it's all good. I then went to the front desk to find out what the problem is. I have done this at many other Hilton properties and never had a problem. The supervisor on duty came out and said they called me and it's all taken care of. Then he continue to make excuses instead of a solution. I told him I was not pleased with what or how the bartender handled the situation in the manner she did making a scene. Due to this I was very displeased and checked out early the next morning. I went to the Hilton for the remaining 3 days that I was there. I had no problems at the Hilton in fact I couldn't have asked for a better stay. I would not stay here again due to the way I was treated by the Bartender although the hotel is nice and the front desk staff at check in was great. It comes down to total customer service as a whole one person can ruin an entire stay as was the case.

• Stayed April 2012
Mcalibo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
thank you for writing your concerns so we may better serve our guests. firstly I would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel and update you on how valuable your review was. We did an interview with our beverage staff and said employee was very sorry with how this situtation was handled and in her defense we as management may have failed to complete a valuable training aspect on how to handle this type of situtation (cash deposits) for charging purposes and how to address a guest(s) if the question arises. firstly never in public and never assume a guest is walking away. the bartender in question was new and got scared that she might be blame for an open check or allowing a patron not to pay for services. our additional training showed her how to handle additional research during service so as not to be surprized at closing. any questions or concerns can be remedied without notice to any of our quests. this training has been implimented as a refresher course to all service staff and mandatory for all new trainees. We hope that this explains a little better how we value your business and how we value trip advisor reviews.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

From the moment checking in the welcoming staff and the "warm-chocolate chip cookies" the more secure feeling of elevator accessability thru key card only
The Bed and mounds of marvelous pillows are heaven-the shower and the amenities very good quality

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
West Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed one night after cruising and was impressed. Taxi ride from port to Doubletree was $32 + tip. Wonderfully spacious and well kept room that we had on the tenth floor was not ready when we arrived around 10 am, but as stated they hold your luggage for you. Awesome views, NO airplane noise whatsoever, GREAT pool, good dining (but pricey) on-site. If back to Miami WILL stay again. Only negative is the incense smell in the lobby from the adjacent mall - was hoping the Miami Merchandise Mart would be good shopping - pretty disappointed to find out it is mostly cosmetic jewelry and purses (got a great purse but was hoping for "more"). Shuttle to the airport was efficient and timely as it runs every half hour. There is a gas station adjacent to the hotel, but didn't have many "pre-cruise" supplies - just an FYI if you are looking to stock up on water and pop.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing the pool have great views of the Miami landscape.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The hotel has no balconies, and at least in our king bed room on 10th floor we had floor-to-ceiling windows and a view of a river and a bit of Miami skyscrapers on the left.
The bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean. Very good value.

Parking is extra (I think $7).

At check-in we got those fantastic Double Tree cookies (just don't look at calorie count) and 2 cocktail vouchers that we have not used.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rohr, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

The room was big, bathroom ok. However the room smelled a bit funny. Recommended if you need to sleep close to the airport. Taxiride is 15 USD

Stayed March 2012
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family and I had a nice stay this past week. The staff was helpful, the room was clean, and my kids loved the pool. The check-in was quick and easy. We drove to Miami, but I noticed that there was a shuttle service open all day and into the night for the airport. I was at the hotel for a conference, which made the hotel very convenient for my needs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 31 March. Arrived at the hotel in the evening, checked-in, dropped off my family, and took the rental car to the MIA airport. Check-in process was very quick and smooth, with a very pleasant clerk who gave us the requisite and very fresh/warm/yummy Doubletree cookies. The shuttle to get back to the airport from MIA airport runs every half an hour and I must just have missed one because I waited half an hour for it to come. I was one of the first passengers on the shuttle and by the time the shuttle had gone around the airport to pick-up all of the guests who were waiting it was totally full.
The room that we had was clean, with firm beds and a nice view out. The bathroom had standard amenities, including a sewing kit and a shoeshine cloth.
The buffet breakfast was good, with a nice selection of food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family