“Super short stay, very good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #43 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Milan, Italy
“Super short stay, very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

On the way back from the Keys and with a very early flight the next morning, this stay was just supposed to be a super short overnight stopover.
Everything went well, starting with the parking: a guy at the entrance (a parking guy? a bell captain? who knows..) actually let me park for free since I had to stay just a few hours: no pressure, a quick chat in spanish and he agreed.
We were welcomed as HHguests with cookies through a very fast check in and we were given a room on the executive floor: excellent plus, since I used internet (and the printer) that night, which helped me a lot with a pending reservation I had to deal with. Again, free of charge.
The room was spacious, modern and fully equipped at a reasonable price.
Should I stay again in the proximity of the airport I would pick this hotel again for sure.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were booked into this hotel by Priceline. We had no trouble getting a double queen room and a rollaway for our party of 5. The rooms are large, and the soundproofing is excellent. Our room had a newly remodeled bathroom. Everything in the room was clean and comfortable. There is a wholesale apparel mall attached to the hotel, and they sell to the public. Fun place to shop.

Tip--if your flight into MIA arrives at night and your plans include a rental car, consider using the hotel's free shuttle and spending the night at the hotel. Then, next morning, get your car from one of the off-airport locations--they'll pick you up at the hotel and you'll save a bundle! You can still return your car to the airport at the end of your trip--some companies (such as Hertz) have no drop charge for this.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the building have a triangular corner that gives you a bay window for a bett...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

As I missed a connection in Miami I got to experience this hotel and it's not one I would recommend. It starts with an airport shuttle service that only runs every 30 minutes and goes downhill from there. The evening shuttle was a small van so it got packed, no thought of sending another one. The hotel seems like its the furthest of the airport hotels too. Checking wasnt very friendly, didn't think it was worthwhile adding my Diamond HHonors number to the stay and then dumped me in a room with a broken security lock and a musty smell. Phone was blocked for 1-800 calls as they hadn't a credit card number on file. Breakfast in itself wasn't too bad but the mediocre service let it down.

• Stayed December 2011
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago when I had an overnight layover in Miami. I booked it on hotwire at a pretty reasonable rate. Compared to other places that I have booked on internet booking sites, this one did not require a credit card at check in. This meant that you could not charge anything to the room, which was fine since we were only overnighting there. The decor looks to be relatively new. They could probably have put a fresh coat of paint on the ceiling a and made sure the bathroom had toilet paper. Also the bathroom had hair all over it still. The hotel has ample parking which they charge guests for. This is a bit of a rip off since similar hotels in the area do not charge for parking. All in all, it was a good place to stay overnight. If you want a place with more to do around it then you should stay at a place that is not near the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Have gotten decent pricing for this property through hilton.com. Location leaves a lot to be desired, but it is convenient to University of Miami and surrounding area. Staff can be slow at times at check-in, but all in all, this is a decent value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Please note: I am not that difficult to please, but I was highly disappointed in this hotel. My husband and I stayed here the night before our international flight out of MIA for our honeymoon. This was the only damper on our honeymoon, thankfully! Our first sign that this was not going to be a good stay was the fact that the parking lot attendant did not speak English. At ALL. Thankfully my husband speaks a tiny bit of Spanish or we could still be sitting there. Once we were out of the car, we were overwhelmed by the smell of jet fuel. It was nausiating. The line to check in was outrageous, people cutting and not understanding the concept of a line. The desk people did apologize and said they had several events going on and it was a crazy night.

We got to the room eventually but it was not the cleanest as I discovered from I walking around without shoes and my feet turned a little black on the bottom. :( The room was better than the hallway though, which was littered with trash strewn all down the hall. I am pretty sure they hadn't vacuumed in at least two months. I was unable to sleep all night because I am a light sleeper and the sound of jets landing and taking off all hours of the night is impossible to sleep through.

Our last straw with this place was the shuttle in the morning. We had returned our rental car thinking we could take the shuttle from the airport in the morning....nope!! We waited for 55 mins and the shuttle never arrived. It was supposed to come every 20-30 mins. We were afraid of being late and called a cab and got to the airport to find and huge line for our airline and narrowly made our flight. I would not stay here again unless I absolutely had to.

The only saving grace was the room service....my husband thought the pizza was some of the best he's ever had.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

The hubby and I had a wonderful stay here. The room was comfy and cozy. The staff was exceptionally nice, including the very sweet maids that went above and beyond helping us. The warm cookies were delicious and I wish I did not eat so many of them.

My only issue is that the walls are a bit thin. I could hear the people's tv next door. Despite this, it was quiet when I slept. Each morning there was a low, tapping... Might be construction. I might have deducted a star for this, but I feel the hotel is reviewed unfairly.

The parking lot was located adjacent to the building, was well lit and felt completely safe.

The body products smell great and I love that they are natural, sulfate and paraban free.

When priceline assigned me to this hotel, I was nervous based on some of the poor reviews. We had a wonderful stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple