“One night only.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Miami

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Miami to your Saves list
Motel 6 Miami
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7330 North-West 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Best Inn Miami Airport)   |
Ranked #110 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Odense, Denmark
“One night only.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Close to the airport.
Free parking.
Gas station right next to it so its possible to buy some drinks or snacks after a flight!
Rooms are average and a bit noisy but was clean.
No swimming pool or breakfast.
One night only, don't think I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
São Luís, Maranhao, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

It was one of the worst hotel experiences that I had in my life, couldn't past the check in! The hotel is terrible, looks old and dangerous! Got there a little bit late and I was really impressed (in a bad way) with the reception. I really don't recommend it!

Room Tip: I really don't know it, I wasn't so unlucky!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

First, the hallways were covered with some sort of tarp that made a horrendous noise the minute anything walked or rolled on it. Yes the motel is going through some sort of renovation. I did not sleep most of the night because of the constant noise in the hallway.
Second, there was no hot water in the morning for my shower. At check out I asked the desk clerk/manager for a discount because of the noise and no hot water and was told by said clerk/manager that no one else has complained about the water and that I did not know how to use a shower. I told him not to insult my intelligence with such comments. this exchange went on for several minutes and ended when I offered to have him show me how a shower works, which of course he had no intention of doing. By this time I decided to cancel our return reservation.
There will be NO returning to this motel and social media is pretty powerful.

Room Tip: Overall was a bad motel. The room was 98.00 but they post in the motel that rooms are 199.00 and up...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The room was renovated with a nice kingsize bed and a small desk and chair. A/C was working but really loud. Wifi worked pretty good but you have to log in every day. Parking is free.
The only negative I can mention is that there is no hair dryer in the bathroom. And it was really loud from outside.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I made a reservation November 1, 2013 with 800/4motel6 and received a confirmed rate of $40.50 / aarp for march 5, 2014. when I arrived by taxi, the front desk and manager refused -- under any circumstances -- to honor the rate, even when told by corporate to do so... it seems that franchise owned properties can make their own "rules" and need not abide by corporate standards, rates or courtesy... very unpleasant experience!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

hotel staff very good/helpful...recommended excellent resturaunts across the street. this place is close to airport, 1 block to on ramp for 75 heading to tampa bay-very handy! wifi, clean room. all basic nessessities for a very good price..

Room Tip: my room faced the busy street and I did not hear any noise..I think any room u get for the cost is w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The place was under construction when we were there, but it did affect our stay - not loud or dirty in the room.
Rooms are simple and clean. No hairdryers.
Coin laundry came in handy.
Front desk is ripping the people with the taxi. We needed a taxi to take us to a club and had front desk call it for us. Taxi kept not arriving, they kept pretending to call it. In the meantime we watched a lot of taxis come and go, but it was never for us. Eventually one of the staff offered to drive us (it was very close). Because we had waited so long, we had to pay a hefty cover charge at the club.
Next morning we needed a taxi to the port. Again they "called" a taxi and again we waited. We kept asking what is going on and they kept pretending to call and tell us 5 more minutes. After 1.5 hours my husband walked outside and flagged a taxi in (less than 1 minute). Taxi told us it is because they are calling friends instead of the legit taxi number. Beware!
If you are looking for a very affordable motel, this is a great deal for your money. Be sure to have your own transportation or be able to call for a taxi with your own device.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Miami? Share your experiences!