“basic good place to base a wkend in miami” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Miami

You added Motel 6 Miami to your Saves list
Motel 6 Miami
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   7330 North-West 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Best Inn Miami Airport)   |
Ranked #86 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Tampa, Florida
“basic good place to base a wkend in miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

hotel staff very good/helpful...recommended excellent resturaunts across the street. this place is close to airport, 1 block to on ramp for 75 heading to tampa bay-very handy! wifi, clean room. all basic nessessities for a very good price..

Room Tip: my room faced the busy street and I did not hear any noise..I think any room u get for the cost is w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The place was under construction when we were there, but it did affect our stay - not loud or dirty in the room.
Rooms are simple and clean. No hairdryers.
Coin laundry came in handy.
Front desk is ripping the people with the taxi. We needed a taxi to take us to a club and had front desk call it for us. Taxi kept not arriving, they kept pretending to call it. In the meantime we watched a lot of taxis come and go, but it was never for us. Eventually one of the staff offered to drive us (it was very close). Because we had waited so long, we had to pay a hefty cover charge at the club.
Next morning we needed a taxi to the port. Again they "called" a taxi and again we waited. We kept asking what is going on and they kept pretending to call and tell us 5 more minutes. After 1.5 hours my husband walked outside and flagged a taxi in (less than 1 minute). Taxi told us it is because they are calling friends instead of the legit taxi number. Beware!
If you are looking for a very affordable motel, this is a great deal for your money. Be sure to have your own transportation or be able to call for a taxi with your own device.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rumney, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

As we pulled up to the Motel we were a little scared as the outside was looking pretty bad, but really I think it was part of their renovation. The room was clean an updated, even though it was an unusual style. The hotel didn't feel very safe, but for our one night stay it was acceptable. I wouldn't stay here if I was on vacation or if I was staying for more than one night, but for a layover between flights it was fine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I understand Motel 6 is a budget alternative, but the overall look of the internal and external areas are terrible! Except for the room, everything needs urgent and dramatic renovation. It's old, dirty and falling apart. Disgusting, really.

I had a 2 night reservation, but didn't feel safe to leave my luggage during the day, so I left 1 day before. The room was renovated and except for the AC, everything was OK inside the room.

The internet only works on the lobby.

Really, don't stay here. Pay a little more and look for better options around the same area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here one night before heading to the airport. They are remodeling the motel but are not doing a very good job. The bathroom is cheaply remodeled. The toilet is 6 inches away from the wall; the door is falling apart. The room wasn't clean. The sheets didn't look clean, hair and dirt. The floor was so filthy, I had to wash my feet again after I came out of the shower before I could put on my socks and shoes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

this hotel is infested with BEDBUGS!!!!! my family got all bitten up by these nasty creatures we were swithced rooms but it was worse than the first one. manager was inconsiderate to us after we showed him our bugbites he denied that there were any insects in the rooms. HORRIBLE place to stay wouldn't recomment it to anyone

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stepped out for a moment only to
be asked why we're not leaving soon. No fridge/microwave, stain-ridden sofa and chairs, old wooden furniture, big mirror with some dirt on it, and a hallway upstairs that smells of weed.

Restroom was okay, tub was dirty looking, and as I write this, someone's banging my room door. I'm not answering it because I have a do not disturb sign on doornob.

Anyway, wifi is weak. There is no safe. Bed is hopefully okay. It's just a place to sleep. I don't trust the staff here so far from the way they speak to me.

• Stayed July 2012