“An inexpensive option near the airport.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Miami

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Miami to your Saves list
Motel 6 Miami
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7330 North-West 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Best Inn Miami Airport)   |
Ranked #110 of 129 hotels in Miami
Rumney, NH
“An inexpensive option near the airport.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

As we pulled up to the Motel we were a little scared as the outside was looking pretty bad, but really I think it was part of their renovation. The room was clean an updated, even though it was an unusual style. The hotel didn't feel very safe, but for our one night stay it was acceptable. I wouldn't stay here if I was on vacation or if I was staying for more than one night, but for a layover between flights it was fine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I understand Motel 6 is a budget alternative, but the overall look of the internal and external areas are terrible! Except for the room, everything needs urgent and dramatic renovation. It's old, dirty and falling apart. Disgusting, really.

I had a 2 night reservation, but didn't feel safe to leave my luggage during the day, so I left 1 day before. The room was renovated and except for the AC, everything was OK inside the room.

The internet only works on the lobby.

Really, don't stay here. Pay a little more and look for better options around the same area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here one night before heading to the airport. They are remodeling the motel but are not doing a very good job. The bathroom is cheaply remodeled. The toilet is 6 inches away from the wall; the door is falling apart. The room wasn't clean. The sheets didn't look clean, hair and dirt. The floor was so filthy, I had to wash my feet again after I came out of the shower before I could put on my socks and shoes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

this hotel is infested with BEDBUGS!!!!! my family got all bitten up by these nasty creatures we were swithced rooms but it was worse than the first one. manager was inconsiderate to us after we showed him our bugbites he denied that there were any insects in the rooms. HORRIBLE place to stay wouldn't recomment it to anyone

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Stepped out for a moment only to
be asked why we're not leaving soon. No fridge/microwave, stain-ridden sofa and chairs, old wooden furniture, big mirror with some dirt on it, and a hallway upstairs that smells of weed.

Restroom was okay, tub was dirty looking, and as I write this, someone's banging my room door. I'm not answering it because I have a do not disturb sign on doornob.

Anyway, wifi is weak. There is no safe. Bed is hopefully okay. It's just a place to sleep. I don't trust the staff here so far from the way they speak to me.

• Stayed July 2012
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

This hotel is perfect if you want a cheap place to overnight close to MIA. It is no good if you want luxury or atmosphere. There is no coffee shop and was no actual coffee when we rose at 0630 to get our flight. The room is basic but comfortable but the hotel is on a very busy dual carriageway so watch out for night noise from this as well as the airport nearby.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back away from the road
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Manresa, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 via mobile

Much the same experience as other reviewers... a terrible hotel but it was late at night (and we had tired little kids to consider) so at first were willing to tolerate it but after coming back from getting something to eat (and leaving AC on) the room was crawling in cockroaches. In the bed, sink, fridge and on our cases. We left immediately and went to the nearby Days Inn which is a much better budget option and I feel safe taking my family there.

Funny thing is that as we stormed out the desk guy acted horrified and ashamed... "first time anyone has complained".

• Stayed September 2011
Dean T, Owner at Motel 6 Miami, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
We took over the Hotel this past June and we are in the process of renovation. I can assure you that the place is much cleaner. If a bug is seen, our exterminator is called immediately. Miami is a tropical location and summer time breeds insects.

Been to Motel 6 Miami? Share your experiences!