“The worst customer experience from Hilton” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $189 Now!
Ranked #42 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Mexico City, Mexico
“The worst customer experience from Hilton”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a small "customer experience" exploration event from our company and this hotel was an example of "what NOT to do". I traveled with 4 customers and made all the reservations and even did "web check in" at the hotel...
- We waited for a shuttle for 50 min and were never picked up. The only Hilton shuttle that passed through within 15 min of our wait was full. The driver told us to wait because the other one was "right behind him" even though the other shuttle was broken. We finally took a shuttle to Marriott and then a taxi to Hilton. I called the hotel 3 tiems and every time they woudl put me on hold for at least 5 min. After the third time (since it was an international call - we decided to go with Marriott shuttle
-Check-in process despite the "pre check in" was not any faster.
-The welcome packages that were prepared for us were "forgotten".
-Even though the internet was included - we were not explained this at all and then had a mess with invoices upon check out.
-The rooms are nice but something that you expect from a 5 start hotel.
-The bathrooms in the common facilities often did not work- needing to flush the toilet 5 times sometimes just to make a piece of tissue go away.
- the thing that ticked me off the most was the 5USD fee for amazon packages. I have never stayed in the hotel before where I would be charged to receive my own packages.
Next time I am staying 3 blocks down the road in Courtyard Marriott - where the rooms are simpler, but nice and clean, I have my working Internet - I get picked up from the airport and I do not get charged for my packages... and all for half the price of Hilton....

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for one night. Arrived in the early evening and, after checking into our room, found that the bathroom had not been cleaned. There were towels on the floor, used soap, etc. This issue was rectified after a phone call to the front desk, however this is a major oversight. The room itself was comfortable, clean, and quiet. Breakfast in the coffee shop the next morning was a real problem, especially since there are no other food options in the hotel for breakfast. Service was exceptionally slow, but the breakfast was quite expensive. It took forever to have our order taken, get our food, and get our check. We did not do the overpriced buffet, but if the hotel cannot handle having customers order off of the menu, this should not be presented as an option. The common areas of the hotel seemed to be well kept, as well as the grounds. Did not see the pool area. I think that there are probably better choices in the area that offer breakfast included with the room rate.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Was in miami for 2 days recently and stayed at the Hilton Miami Airport. Could not ask for more. Great suite right off the airport and despite being across the road from a departing runway the room was well insulated and the noise was not obtrusive. Excellent service received from all staff encounted. Will return, will recommend.

Anglesey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The shuttle from the airport was no more than a 5 minute wait, booking in was friendly and helpful, offering us two rooms together and rooms with a good views, very good bar food, again friendly and helpful when ordering. First class service and helpful to an unseasoned traveller, i.e. informing me that the service charge was already included, i would probably have paid twice, if this had not been mentioned, sparkling clean and friendly hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Otego, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am a business traveler, so I am in hotels constantly. I like to stay at hotels that make an effort to conserve natural resources. Most do a pretty poor job of implementing these programs however. Hilton overall does better than other chains, but I was disappointed with this hotel in this regard. When I checked in I asked at the front desk what I could do to ensure that the towels were NOT changed daily, nor the sheets. That is a ridiculous waste, not something most of us do at home and not necessary in a hotel either. So, they put a special note in the file to alert the housekeeping to my preference. I hung up the towels AND placed the sign that says if you hang the up they won't replace them right on the towels, but they were still changed. This happened both nights of my stay. I am so frustrated. But I refuse to give up. I call every single time they violate their stated policy and complain, making sure they are aware of these problems. Which basically means I call nearly every night to complain. It was nice of the hotel to remove my internet fees as a token to my frustration, but what I REALLY want is for them to do what they say they will do.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. It was always a good and convenient hotel to stay for a few days, clean and comfortable. The recent renovations of the rooms and now the meeting center has earned the hotel, in my opinion, a 5. The rooms are first class and the meeting space is vastly improved. The front desk staff and catering sales staff are terrific - professional and personable. I would recommend the Hilton for it's high standards, quality and value.

• Stayed November 2014
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My family has traveled through Miami for years going into and out of the Caribbean. The Airport Hilton has always been a good overnight option close to the airport. We have experienced the ebbs and flows of the property conditions without complaint. I am a "Diamond" customer.

This past November I reserved a room for 1 night on line. Usually I would book through Amex Centurion because I get certain benefits e.g. free breakfast.

On this occasion I responded to an online offer for the best rates possible directly through Hilton. I booked the King and Breakfast option with the caveat that I was not sure if I should get it free i.e. the straight King rate. I received confirmaiton #3161350355.

I arrived at the hotel on December 2nd and the desk clerk confirmed that I got free breakfast anyway because I was a "Diamond" level patron. She refused to reimburse my additional money paid for breakfast. I insisted and she told me that she would speak to the Manager. Long story short; the manager was very condescending and indifferent to the matter. He told me there was no way he could determine what the additonal payment was so as to reimburse it. He did something; I'm not quite sure what --- but he was so unpleasant it really didn't matter.

Its not a big deal; but its the principal of the matter. The guarantee was for best rates and if not $50 coupon or something. My first guest experience was an unpleasant clerk followed by a pompous Front Desk Manager.

Its a shame that a couple of people can ruin an otherwise pleasant experience.

BEWARE of the HILTON Best Price Guarantee.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Miami Airport? Share your experiences!