“Forced stay” 3 of 5 stars

Rates from $99 Now!
Ranked #40 of 129 hotels in Miami
“Forced stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I enjoyed my layover stay at the Miami Hilton airport hotel. The food was good, though overpriced, as is many airport hotels....so.
The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable.
Downside side is you have to pay for internet in your room if not a higher status member. 14.95 per day. Free wifi is offered in the lobby/restaurant areas.
Also, if you are catching a 6 am flight, you will have to call a taxi. Their shuttle doesn't run until 5:00 am. All in all, a comfortable stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

1,098 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The last shuttle bus to arrive at the airport, then we arrived at the hotel to find that they were doing major renovations and we couldn't go in the front door and had to carry our luggage for a five minute walk along the hallway, not a porter in sight. We checked in and asked for a porter or a trolley but none materialsed so we lugged our bags to our room. The beds were quite small, as our 2 girls were sharing and certainly not the large doubles advertised, we asked if it would be possible to have the adjoining room as well but were told it was booked - it wasn't, it was still empty the next day. The website advertises 3 restaurants but in reality it only has one, the others are just snack bars and in fact the one outside was closed. There were room service trolleys with food on left in the corridor and they were still there the next day. On departure once again no porters or trolleys -definitely wouldn't recommend it.

bonifay, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Make sure that you call and have provisions made should you have a disability, because this facility is under construction, and it is an extremely long and tedious walk to get to the check in/out, and the staff at the front entrance was not helpful at all when it came to giving out information about the long walk and the renovations that were being done. Also, when paying the rate you are paying for a hotel like the Hilton, why do pay for $5 for a bottle of water? As a HHhonor member that should be a gift from the hotel, as well as the frig should not have been locked. Just saying!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tunbridge Wells
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great Big room, beds incredibly comfortable, very clean and Great Lake view. Very quiet room, with good blackout blinds to ensure a great nights sleep. Wifi " free " in lobby but doesn't work. Shocking that you have to pay to park your car!

Room Tip: Lake view great, balcony not worth the extra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It's a clean and basic hotel, but not a 5 star hotel. The rooms are big and clean. The food in the restaurant was good. There is a free shuttle to the airport available. Our sun enjoyed the swimmingpool.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
South Pole
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here on two occasions within a few days of each other. We were assigned rooms on low floors (which are usually not the best rooms), but the rooms themselves were fairly good. There is ample drawer space, large windows, and a reasonable if average bathroom.

On both stays, the mattresses were not in ideal condition (broken areas that tilted or slanted) but not completely broken.

The grounds are pretty, with a large T-shaped pool that is quite shallow at one end and has pooched-out areas.

The restaurant breakfast was average. There is no smoked salmon nor blueberries, despite being peak blueberry season. The scrambled eggs were hard and tasteless. The melon had significant rind and wasn't particulately ripe.

The service was poor. Some examples: I'd booked two rooms for each stay, and requested connecting rooms. The first stay, our rooms did connect, but not with each other. I called the front desk from one of the rooms, and the clerk didn't seem to understand at first, then agreed to find us other rooms that did connect to each other, but it took 20 minutes for them to send up a replacement key. At breakfast, the staff insisted the hotel had no smoked salmon nor blueberries anywhere on the premises. But worst of all, I had mailed a small box (12"x8"x14" and under 6 pounds) to myself in care of the hotel. Before mailing it, I'd called the hotel, said I wanted to mail a box to myself and verified the mailing address, and asked the clerk to note in my reservation that I was doing so, and to accept the box and either put it in my room or give it to me when I arrived. At check-in, no one could locate anyone to find the package, and to my surprise, they charged me $5 to receive the box. The clerk didn't caution me about this charge when I called prior to mailing it. I stay at a lot of hotels around the world, and in my experience, the only hotels that charge to receive packages are ones that do a lot of conference bookings where people ship giant crates of heavy materials ahead. I only mailed one small light box. At check-out I asked that the charge be reversed since I hadn't been informed. The clerk transferred me to a manager, but I got his voice mail. I left a polite and detailed message, but didn't receive so much as a call-back. On the second stay, the rooms again were not connecting, but I knew to verify with the front desk clerk and get them fixed before going up to see them.

I know $5 isn't much to get upset over, but when a hotel sneaks in an unfair charge, I feel ripped off. When the management doesn't deign to so much as return a message, I feel they don't care about their customers, that they have contempt for us chumps. I don't like feeling either, so I'm not inclined to stay here again nor to recommend it, despite the basic facilities being nice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear "Jetboys,"
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to Miami.
Best Regards and Safe Travels.
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed there for one night in early Sugust 2014. The service was dire. Both the staff at reception and the manager were unable to identify two connecting rooms on their booking system. We ended up having to change rooms three times and had to call the reception staff up so that they could see for themselves that our rooms were bnot connecting. Not iseal after a long haul flight. The bathrooms were dity with hair in the shower and behind the WC. The food was also very poor. At least it was cheep and it was only for 1 night.

Room Tip: Dont go if you have a choice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear "stephanie_chick,"
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Best Regards and Safe Travels

Been to Hilton Miami Airport? Share your experiences!