“Good for layover” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 129 hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California
“Good for layover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here only one night from August 12-13 but I thought it was a good hotel. I had an overnight layover in miami but instead of trying to rough it in the airport I booked this room for those 13 hours and it was good.

First, they have a shuttle that picks you up from the airport. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes its really great for as I said a layover because you dont have to worry about a taxi or going far so that was good. Dont forget to waive the driver down.

The front desk was quick and polite. I had a hard time with the key at first, maybe it takes a minute to be activated or something?? Seemed to work find after that. There was a menu for a pizza place under the door, I sure was hungry but went down to the cafe because I thought it was a dry cleaning ad. The room was clean and good. Lots of light, I really enjoyed the clock radio WITH RADIO. I have traveled quite a bit this year and it seems this is no longer standard in hotels, no more radios.

I also enjoyed tv, it was hard to find channels but i did find the music stations and listened to nice jazz on SONIC jazz station. I was on the 11th floor, it was quiet and spacious. Coffee bean coffee in the coffee maker. Overall I had a great stay. Again I dont know/cant vouch for more but for an overnight layover I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

1,080 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Everything else is average, I don't recommend it. Only stayed because the airline paid. It's under construction, noise all over. Ask for a different hotel if you can. I waited 15 minutes for a hot chocolate that never came during breakfast. I ordered room service under a limited night menu and after 25 minutes they called back to say they ran out of the chicken sandwich. Old hotel

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, yesterday
Cris,
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the poor impression we have made. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Fairmont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hotel is the best choice when overnighting at the Miami Airport. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool, fitness center, bar. and restaurant are top notch. There is a shuttle that runs every 15 mins. to/from the departure level of the airport to the hotel. No need to call or wait very long. Will be back again when my trip warrants it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brasilia, DF
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

During my stay at the Hilton Miami Ariport I have experienced a few problems, mainly related to cleanliness of room and bathroom and misunderstanding of staff.

We were staying in a group of 7 adults, 3 different rooms. Since all of us had the same complaints regarding the cleanliness of room/bathroom me and my sister decided to discuss the matter with the hotel staff.

After we complained to a 'Front Desk' person she apologized and offered a breakfast as a compensation the next day (our last day). My sister was leaving early and we explained this (also mentioned that the others - 2 rooms - would stay) and the hotel lady gave my sister complimentary parking.

When the two rooms were checking out we were charged for the 'complimentary breakfast'. We complained and no sympathy was shown.

Another issue is that although I accepted that the hotel would charge me for mail deliveries boxes and so on, I would never believe that the would charge me for a few (4) deliveries as small as an envelope (A5 size)!

Will not recommend to friends.

I believe that I was seriously overcharged by what the hotel offered and treatment given.

Room Tip: Do not choose hotel, but if you want to choose the rooms facing the lake.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear "Rmabeci,"
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring quality stays for all of our guests and welcome you to contact our offices directly, (305) 262-1000 if we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Average airport Hilton. Located just across the highway from the airport and is about a 10 minute shuttle ride. This is a very large Hilton and the front area is under construction which creates 100 yard walk from the temporary main entrance to the front desk and the parking lot is half torn up.
Rooms weren't very clean with lots of dust, spots on walls, and spider webs. Disappointing.
Smaller pool and not very attractive pool area. Gym is small but decent machines. Only ate breakfast but I regret it because the food was not very good although the coffee was better than you would expect from a hotel. I saw the front desk staff get overwhelmed several times during my 4 night stay because they only have 2 people (sometime 3 if you're lucky) working the front desk and it is inadequate for the volume of people that are coming and going at this hotel. I waited 22 minutes in line with only 4 people in front of me just to ask for a new room key that wasn't working. Not acceptable for a main line Hilton Hotel.
Overall okay airport hotel, bad food, currently under construction, not the cleanest. Also not really within reasonable walking distance to anything in the hot Miami summer heat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Those rooms are much bigger and has a nice view of the airport and do...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bolingbrook, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here the first weekend in August, it was my Birthday and we flew to Miami to celebrate the big 50. I am a fairly seasoned traveler and I don't know what is going on with some of the last couple of Hilton's I've picked but this one really concerned me regarding their so called "Security" Long story short, we received a phone call at 2am in the morning, caller hung up, then a couple minutes later, phone rang again and the person said "I'm sorry Mam" the wierd part is we could hear this outside the door via a radio someone was carrying and we assumed it was a security person. We go back to sleep and 10 minutes later there was a knock on our door, not once but twice, my husband gets up and looks thru the peephole and no one is there. We both thought the situation was wierd but went back to sleep-next morning we talk with the front desk Manager, Carmello, and he tells us he would find out what happened and to come back later in the day before his shift ends. We come back to the hotel at 3pm and Carmello was unable to reach the night security person and find out what happened-I thought it was standard protocol for security people to write up a nightly report but that doesn't seem to be the process at this hotel. Bottom line-no one ever gave us an explanation for what happened and my biggest concern was safety, I am so glad my husband was there as he normally doesn't travel with me-not sure if I would have opened the door especially being half asleep and disoriented and it sounded like a security person with a radio. We have no idea who called or knocked on our door and apparently neither does the hotel and while it was nice of Carmello to move me for one night I don't think there was any real concern regarding the incident and I wouldn't come here again as a single traveler.
The room was ok-outdated-they are in the process of updating the hotel, the pool area had garbage on the ground and wasn't overly inviting, ton of construction around the airport, freeway improvements were a hassle.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear "Edgewarrior,"
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. Please know that the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority and we appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to make it right while you were still on property. We have shared your experience with our security and facilities teams who are working to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel was OK for a layover before a cruise, but that's about it. They have one restaurant that is extremely overpriced. You are literally on an island so you just cant go down the street for something to eat. I saw some people ordering pizza from the local Papa Johns so we did the same. They do have a shuttle that goes to the airport, but so does everyone else. It cost so much more if you get the bus ride to the cruise terminal. ($60 more that includes a OK breakfast buffet. I think a bagel and a taxi would be cheaper since the cruise terminal is not far. Also the bus to the cruise terminal had no AC, making almost unbearable in the hot humid Miami weather in August. If i go to Miami for another cruise, I am going to look for a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Miami Airport? Share your experiences!