“Excellent rooms, average service at front desk, beware of parking fees!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Miami Airport

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $149 Now!
Ranked #44 of 130 Hotels in Miami
“Excellent rooms, average service at front desk, beware of parking fees!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is nice, the rooms are clean, great furniture, decoration and comfortable beds.
The pool area is also well planned, with a nice view of the lake and surroundings.
Service and breakfast in the cafeteria is excellent! The same for concergerie.
The front desk employees in the other hand did not provide good service: didnt inform correctly about parking fees, we had problems with our room reservation and they did not help at all, got confused, did not acknowledge anything. Not even once I received a smile from them. They retained the credit card hold 1 week over my stay and did not resolve it in a timely manner nor I felt they took ownership of the case.
Renting a car is a must in this location, the hotel charges a fee for every night of parking: no other options within the area to leave the car so you are obligated to pay 15 usd plus tax per day.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Newton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I needed an airport hotel at the last minute (11 PM on a Friday night), did my research on Tripadvisor, and booked a room here. Showed up 10 minutes later, and the room I booked wasn't available. I had booked a king bed, lagoon view - I got their smallest room, double beds no lagoon view. Not that big a deal, other than I had spoken to the front desk about availability literally 10 minutes prior. They were not helpful at all, and their response was that I could cancel and go somewhere else. Not a great experience!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear "Brian S,"
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your candid review of your recent stay with us via Trip Advisor. While room type requests cannot be met every time, I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team. Your concerns about the poor service you experienced are also being addressed and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If we can be of further assistance, certainly let us know.
Best Regards.
Guernsey, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here after a cruise - prior to return flight to UK. Check in experience was horrendous, we were told it was on the 5th. floor, the key card said 9th. floor and the room number was incorrect. Having tried the floor we were verbally given, dragging all our luggage with us, that also was incorrect. Returned to Reception to be told it was on the 5th. floor, but an entirely different room number. The room was adequate but dinner was totally inadequate and expensive for what it was, breakfast however was fine with plenty of choice.The hotel is in need of extensive updating and in this day and age surely water should be included in the room rate not charged to the room. We would not stay at this Hilton again and nor can we recommend it.

Room Tip: Our room was noisy - others may be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear "804George,"
We're very sorry about the unfortunate experience regarding your room reservation and we're working with our front office team to improve our processes. We appreciate all of your input and your comments will help us reevaluate our amenity offerings. It is only through customer feedback can we improve our services. We hope you'll consider giving us another opportunityto serve you in the future.
Best Regards.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Upon my arrival at the Miami Airport Hilton and checking in with a very helpful front desk person, who took the extra time to find me a room on a very early check in time (she could have said have a seat and wait until one is cleaned). So now I get to my room and don't you know it my key does not work. I travel some, 4 million with Delta and another million with the rest of them and having a key not working at a hotel is no big thing. I tell the front desk my problem about the key, and the Security Manager Mr. Doug Melendez is standing at the front desk and tells me he will take care of the problem and come with him to my room. Upon arrival to my room we find out the new keys don't work but have no fear Doug open's the door with his special security key and lets me into my room while he goes to make another key. When Doug arrives and I have unpacked i realize that I have left my phone charger at home, I mention this to Doug and have no fear Mr. Melendez returns with a phone charger curtsey Hilton Miami Airport Now this is Customer Service at its best.

Room Tip: Room with a Lagoon view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Nokomis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We made a weekend trip to Miami for a basketball game. Our stay was of the same high quality we have experienced at this hotel in the past. We particularly enjoyed the large and very clean pool. Also liked the made to order omelets served at the breakfast. Plenty of options for any breakfast lover. A bit more expensive than some, but well worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had a 15 hour layover in Miami and was terribly displeased with another hotel, so made a last minute reservation at the Hilton Miami Airport.

Pick up from the airport via their shuttles was quick and painless. Hotel is only a few minutes from the airport. Check in went great, even with a line (this was during the bad winter travel days of early 2014).

Got our room keys and up we went. I was very surprised at the spaciousness of the room. It rivaled many top hotels in other cities. We even had an outdoor balcony. We were able to walk the grounds and use the pool and health club facilities. All very nice and I wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy it more.

This should be your hotel of choice when needing to stay near the Miami airport. Please keep in mind, it was a $35 cab fare one way to South Beach (which everyone should visit at least once in their lives).

Room Tip: Its all personal preference, but I think having an outdoor balcony at any hotel is great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear “Polarhq,”
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with your accommodations and your overall experience. It is only through valuable customer feedback that we can improve our services. We appreciate your comments regarding your arrival experience , indeed our Complimentary Airport Shuttle runs from 5am – 1am daily and goes through the airport approximately every 20 minutes. Again, we are honored you selected the Hilton Miami Airport! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Best Regards

Been to Hilton Miami Airport? Share your experiences!