“Good stopover hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 131 hotels in Miami
bucaramanga
“Good stopover hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We fly through Miami a lot and typically have overnight layovers. I usually stay in the MIA hotel with my kids while we wait, but this was SOO much better! It is close to the airport, but since you are on the lake, it feels like you are having a mini vacation instead of a long layover! The hotel is pretty nice, and the grounds are pretty. It seems like a good place for people staying in the area, but not a vacation destination. My biggest complaint is that there isn't any breakfast included. For my mom and I to get the buffet breakfast, we paid $50. My toddlers were free (thank god) but the breakfast definitely was not worth $50. It was a similar buffet style breakfast that is typically included in a hotel stay.

896 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Hilton was a stopover before a cruise. The room was fine, within walking distance of about 2 miles to multiple restaurants and also the drivers that take you to and from airport will drop you off and come and get you, nice little extra. The rooms were standard Hilton. The only thing I didn't like was the hotel soap as it was highly scented for shampoo and conditioner. If you have any allergies, which I do to fragrances, but even if you didn't, this was overpowering. Only time I didn't want the soap from a hotel. Other than that, standard hotel, breakfast was extra if you wanted to add it on to your stay so had bought some pastries at the restaurant area that had a market along with drinks for the next morning.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Hilton Miami Airport is a good hotel, clean, front desk needs to be a bit more carefulll. I got a room that was ocupied by another guest. Very complicated / dangerous situation.
I have been staying at this hotel for a few years and will keep visiting.

• Stayed July 2013
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed July 18th before a flight to the Caribbean. Rooms were great, the included breakfast was truly great. Check out was easy, and shuttle was ready to go, HOWEVER, I had to get something from my car so my wife and son went ahead of me, and I caught the next shuttle 5 minutes later. When I arrived at the airport, I get a desperate call from my wife, the shuttle driver had dropped her, my 8 year old son, our 6 bags all in the 3 foot wide median of 4 lanes of traffic!!!!! I rushed down the terminal in a frantic effort to find them. Once I had the family taken car of, I called the hotel, and spoke with the Front Desk Manager. He immediately expressed his deep concern, and said he would address the issue immediately.
Upon my return from the Caribbean, we were scheduled to stay here again. The Manager expressed his concern, told me he had talked with the driver, and upgraded my family to a suite to try and make it up to us.

The room was great both times, the breakfast was one of the best I have ever had, the shuttle incident worried me greatly, but the outstanding customer service saved the trip.

Also I had an incident with an improper charge to my room from the pool restaurant, it was resolved and credited to my account within 24 hours.

Pattaya, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We are staying over a weekend. There was noise everywhere, music blaring around the pool and jacuzzi, in reception, in the area where I am now typing this on the computer. Why do they think we need to have this constant barrage of nothing music?

There are various green messages around. A really good green gesture would be to not sell bottled water ($3.50 for 50ml I think)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. The front desk staff was extremely professional and accomodating. The room was beautiful. The bed was comfortable. The concierge was helpful. The breakfast was delicious. The view was also very nice as it is situated on a lake with also a view of the airport. There is nothing I would change.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

commercial point, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Near air port, great food ,safe area and nice clean room .Booked another hotel but it was not even half as nice and only five bucks less.So glad we found this one. Staff was great , bed very nice good night rest.would be a great choice near the airport. Had a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Miami Airport? Share your experiences!