“As An Overnight Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 130 hotels in Miami
Twickenham
“As An Overnight Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed one night on our way to Belize from London. We were very impressed with the room, clean and tidy and a very generous size. Sadly there was some building work in the foyer so the Hotel bar was a bit improvised but the staff were still friendly and helpful. We had a good nights sleep and breakfast delivered to the room by a very friendly and helpful waiter. The shuttles are very easy to and from Miami airport and all in all we thought this was excellent value. We booked via Expedia and got a really great deal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

1,021 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Washington, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed for (1) night waiting to catch a 7 day cruise out of Miami. I would rate the overall of the hotel a 3 star. The menu selection was limited so we did not have dinner on site.
The gift shop on site is not connected with the hotel. I experienced purchasing a watch that did not work that I immediately returned once exiting the shop. There are no signs in the shop posted sale finial only exchanges. You received this info. on a receipt after the purchase is completed. I spoke with the shop clerk and hotel manager following the purchase. And both could not resolve above or return my funds. I spoke with the shop supervisor the following morning and informed her that nothing is posted in the store prior to purchase. This is a typical case of buyer beware. This could not be resolved by the shop supervisor and Hilton could not resolve even though this store is operating under their establishment.
I am a Hilton honor member and feel that this is a reflection of the hotel to the travelers that support the hotel. I will not be returning to this location or recommended to my many friends that travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great location, shuttle, rooms, TV/movies, meals and service. In my experience the airport hotel is a "hold up". This is excellent value and extremely convenient. Can you tell I liked it? I'd recommend it to my family, friends and colleagues. Best over-nighter in America!

Room Tip: I was pleased to see the wonderful upgrade and the overall great experience. Its not the Ritz Carlto...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Burnsville, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Miami Airport Hilton on at least eight occasions in the past two years. It is always my first choice of hotel in the area when I am on business. The renovations have added much appeal to the property, but it is the service that keeps me coming back. Almost every staff member goes out of their way to provide friendly, professional service. I am always dependent on the shuttle service for transportation during my stay and it is bar none the best shuttle staff I have ever encountered. That says a great deal as I stay in a hotel over 100 nights a year. The very best are Mychal and Hector who always exceed my expectations. Morrie at the bar always does as well. If you are on business in the area, I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: I prefer to look over the pool, but I am never bothered by airport noise regardless of which side of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Pleasantly surprised. Lovely refurbished room, comfy beds, decent gym. Breakfast a little pricey so we ate on the road. Would recommend as a resting place after a long flight. Didn't feel like a generic airport hotel, or generic Hilton, at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in February with my fiancé & let me tell you it was the worst experience ever!!!!...the staff them selves were freindly i guess but not very helpful...they could not find my reservation when they escalated the problem to the management they took forever!!!! To give us any type of answer...i eneded up calling expedia to resolve the issue management knew nothing!!!! It took 2 hours before we could check in! When we got to the rooms they were nice and clean and plain nothing to out of this world however they placed us in a room right.next.to the airport so we herd planes coming in and out all night....i understand its.by the.airport but considering everything they had just put us through you'd think they would put us in a nice quite room...later on as i was walking towards the gift shop i noticed one of the managers reprimanding one of his employee's infront of another guest....i felt like that was really inappropriate....if you ask me management is the problem at this hotel not the actual staff...i will most definitely not becoming back!

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed one night after long flight and before start of holiday. Transfers to and from the airport are great. Didn't wait too long to go to hotel but on return trip had to wait for 3 buses to come and go so leave plenty of time. Room nice and comfy, balcony a plus and clean bathroom. The bar food was very overpriced and really small - had a shrimp salad which was actually 4 shrimps and half a lettuce leave for $12. Nowhere else to go though so maybe thats why they charge what they like. Hotel quite 70/80's and could do with an update. Pool area looked nice. Charged wifi but there were free machines in lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Miami Airport? Share your experiences!