“Good hotel breakfast not so good. And no plug sockets!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $149 Now!
Ranked #45 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Good hotel breakfast not so good. And no plug sockets!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a series of missed and detailed flights at the airport so was a last minute emergency stay. Arrived in the very early hours, and checked in with no problems. Breakfast in the morning was not so great for sure not the best ever food tasted like it had sat there for quite a while and th coffee was pretty rubbish. The rooms are all renovated and quite nice for an airport hotel. The biggest negative though is a total lack of accessible plug sockets in the room! Struggled to find a single one

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed in the Hilton for one night in January 2013 and will definitely return when traveling to Miami (airport) for business.

The reliable service begins with the free courtesy bus pick up outside the second floor - the trip takes approximately 10 minutes to the hotel.
My check in was professional and seamless and quick which is exactly what you need after traveling.
The room was very clean and spacious and overlooked the Lagoon (although it was close to the elevator so quite noisy).
The bathroom was well stocked and very clean while the working area/desk was efficient but would recommend some additional plug points.

My only fault during my stay was the length of time it took to get through to room service - approximately 2-3 minutes - way too long although the staff were great on the phone and in person but it should be much quicker to order food to your room.

Breakfast is well run (either in the lobby or the restaurant) with a wide variety of food and drink to choose from.

Overall it's worth considering this hotel when you need to stay in the vicinity of Miami airport.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Lagoon and away from the elevator
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I wish I could rate this hotel for you, but this is my story. I thought that I would try this particular Hilton hotel as my overnight stay in Miami yesterday. After a long day of traveling from CA and delays and missing my flight in Dallas I arrived in Miami approx 9:30pm. I made my way to the Hilton as I had a confirmed reservation. On check-in, Courtney, (hope I spelt his name right), informed me that there was an overbooking error due to a conference and my room was no longer available. He apologized more than once for the inconvenience. The hotel appeared to have a plan in place to sort out customers like myself. I booked my room with Hilton Honour points so Courtney promised to reapply my points to my account, they had contacted Doubletree - downtown and had a free room there for me. When asked about how to get there, Courtney said that they would also transfer me to the Doubletree Hotel. After checking on who was available, they organized and paid for a taxi to take me to the hotel.
So although I did not stay there, I would book another stay as I thought that Courtney dealt with me very professionally and the Hilton had the situation sorted out before I got there and knew what to do.
The Doubletree hotel room was good. Great bed.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm a big Hilton fan, and when given a choice of hotels, I tend to stick with the tried and true. But in this case -- a mistake. First clue that this Hilton was going to be a problem? NOBODY ANSWERED THE PHONE. I was standing outside my airline gate, trying to call for a shuttle pick-up. The phone rang unanswered for FIVE STRAIGHT MINUTES (I timed it) and I finally hung up. I called again. Another THREE MINUTES, no answer. Just kept ringing.

At last the van showed up on its regular route, and my spouse and I were lucky to grab the last available spots. At the next airline gate, the driver had to turn away other people trying to get to the hotel. There was a family waiting -- with some cranky looking young kids -- and the dad yelled out: "We've been waiting for a shuttle for 40 minutes!!!" I felt so sorry for him when the driver said another van would be by in 20 minutes. I hope he got a seat in that next van.

Next we arrive at the hotel. Chaos. Too many guests trying to check in and too few desk clerks. At this time of day (late afternoon) every computer should have been manned, but I saw only two clerks, and a long line of weary travelers.

Then, the restaurant. The food was OK, but again -- seriously understaffed. There were plenty of tables, but not enough wait staff to take orders, bring checks, etc. I don't fault the staff -- they were running themselves ragged, doing their best. There just WEREN'T ENOUGH OF THEM. To service the dinner that night, or for breakfast the next morning.

And Check-out? Again, the same problem. NOT ENOUGH DESK STAFF. A line 15 deep of guests trying to check out and make their flights. I had tried checking out earlier on my guestroom TV, just to avoid the lines. The TV checkout wasn't working. Of course.

In short, avoid this Hilton. I am sorry to say.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alloa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stopped here or the night after a long light from London, check in was fast and staff were friendly, our room had recently been refurbished, and over looking the lagoon. Very modern and tasteful, all the mod cons large flat screen TV and mini bar, which is great but be warned it is expensive to use. Cant comment on the bar or restaurant as was too tired to use by the time we arrived.It was good value for money, but be warned if you have a car they charge for the use of the car park plus taxes which was unexpected, however this wouldn't stop us from using the place again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the lagoon on a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here for two nights prior to our Caribbean Cruise at Christmas this year. The room itself was big and overlooked the lagoon. We asked for, and were given, for 25$, an upgrade to a suite which doubled the size of the original room. The free Wifi was good, albeit a little slow at times. The only cons were the airport noise (although bearable) and the long wait for taxis at checkout, as everyone was heading to the port. The concierge was very organized and polite though, in the face of the crowds, and we were all into a cab within a half hour.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if rooms on the nonlagoon side would be quiter. Might be worth asking. If you'r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hilton M, Exec. Admin. Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear “DarcyVictoria”:
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with your accommodations and your overall experience. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our staff, in particular the Concierge, it is only through valuable customer feedback that we can improve our services. Hopefully your cruise was pleasant experience as well. Again, thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!
Best Regards
Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Very good accommodation, excellent parking, attentive service-attendants. Although near the airport the noise of climbing planes is very bearable and not disturbing at all. The hotel was in a reshape but this doesn't affect the view in the lobby of the hotel. Will choose this hotel sure for another stay over...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “richny f”:
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with your accommodations and your overall experience, we assure you our professional and friendly staff is committed to ensuring all our guests stay is both enjoyable and comfortable. We know you have a variety of hotels to choose from, we are honored that you have selected Hilton Miami Airport and will continue to do so! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!
Best Regards

Been to Hilton Miami Airport? Share your experiences!