“I felt safe and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Hurry Rates from $139
Ranked #47 of 131 hotels in Miami
Trinidad & Tobago
“I felt safe and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

The hotel staff was very professional and friendly, the suite was clean and comfortable and I felt very safe at this hotel, the price was worth it. The shuttle to and from the airport was on time, the complimentary buffet breakfast was great, it starts at 6:30am and ends at 9:30am. The use of the computers in the business centre which is open 24hrs. is also a plus for checking emails, etc, note the breakfast and computers are complimentary. I enjoyed a hassle free stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

1,087 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
snat CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

stayed here for 1 night before I take my cruise. Poor service (front desk, bell boys) and bad breakfast. The breakfast room was like a K-mart food corner.

The worst part is the airport shuttle. I waited for 45min to get the shuttle.

Find other hotel. This hotel is as bad as Hilton Miami airport.

Carpet was exterenly dirty. disgusting!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We've stayed at many Embassy Suites around US & Canada.
After signing off to pay $15.00 to enter property @ guard shack.
We pulled to front registration to unload our luggage /after several hour trip in car.
Seconds after pulling up large shuttle van. Begins honking / driver steps out hollers you can't park there. I ask where is good to unload luggage? I was motioned to other side of drive.
I told the gentleman sorry! Didn't see signs ( there were not any) anyway immediately pull over and by the time I open car door another hotel (embassy suites ) shuttle is behind us.
And begins on his horn like a New York traffic jam. Driver says hey you have to move. Told him I was trying to get wife & kid out with luggage. He said not right here. Of course by this time. I was slightly con fussed... I told him look he was crazy if he thought I was dragging luggage though the lot. Why have a gigantic covered pavilion to receive your guests? Only to use for shuttles?
I immediately went inside and asked for the person in charge of establishment.
Meet Brett ( Manager on duty)
told him story above and asked him to get some signs up. To help guests...
He said he'd have a talk with the guys.
I suggested some training in politeness / helpfulness & receptiveness when welcoming guests.
We dragged our bags to our room ....
Made it to elevator - finally offered help. Which we refused. Since we had just managed such a mangled reception.
We're currently online looking for somewhere that offers a better service for tired travelers.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
EmbassyMiami, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
Thank you so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor.com.

I am so sorry for the poor welcome you received at our hotel recently.
That is certainly not the type of welcome that we train our employees to provide.
We will certainly be reviewing our courtesy training with our bell staff and front desk.

Again, thank you for your input. We will put it to use in additional training and coaching with our team.

Regards,
Barbara Raza
myrtle beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Obviously I'm not going to complain about the location considering it's the Embassy Suites Miami INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Everyone should know you will be hearing airplanes. But check in is at 3pm and we arrived at 3:30pm and were told our room wasn't ready and they would call our cell phone when it was. At 4:15pm we head to the front desk to see how things are going, We come to find out the room was ready and It was pretty obvious they forgot about us.

The rooms here are very large and adequate nothing negative to say about them.
Room service was a bust (Burgers were cold). But I will say the best part of this hotel is the free hot buffet breakfast in the morning that was a nice start to send us off on our cruise. Even with the front desk mishap & The room service issue I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Robbinsville, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

The Embassy Suites are normally a good place to stay the nite before our cruise but I would not recommend this particular one. The place was clean, the staff was friendly, the managers reception was good and so was the breakfast buffet.: unfortunately they are located in the worst place imaginable, you can't walk anywhere since there isn't a damn thing there! Plus they are directly under the path of the planes landing/taking off at Miami Airport so we heard that all night. I will never go back here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

I was very impressed with this place. I had been comparing MANY hotels in the Miami downtown and airport areas, and I finally chose Embassy Suites because it boasted two room suites and most importantly - free shuttle service to and from the airport, all at a very affordable rate. It was the first time I stayed alone in a hotel and I felt very safe because of the atrium, glass elevators, and two-lock front door. I was very pleased with the excess: 2 rooms, 2 flat-screen TVs, 3 sinks, and even a Nintendo system (although I think you have to pay for it).

It is the perfect place to stay if you are looking to be close to the airport. It is also perfect if you are coming back from a cruise and staying in Miami for a few days before you take off. I had disembarked a cruise and took the $10 shuttle from there to the airport, where I knew I would be picked up by the complimentary shuttle to the hotel. It was all very convenient and I love that I didn't even notice/hear the planes shooting by overhead considering the airport is less than a mile away. Also, if you like shopping, the Dolphin Mall shuttle comes by 3 times a day and for $10, you get round trip service.

The room(s) were very comfortable and spacious. Although I must admit the decor, specifically the bedding and curtains are a bit outdated and on the tacky side, it all appeared clean and welcoming.

I must stress that you not make interstate/long distance calls because you will be charged a fortune. I had made 2 outbound calls both totally about 5 minutes and received a bill for $52! I then proceeded to discuss this with the front desk, who gave me 50% off that bill. That is the only bad thing I can say about this hotel - that it rips you off for making long distance calls. I'm from Canada and I've called my friend who lives in Daytona Beach before. And let me tell you, 5 minutes did not cost me anywhere as much as I was charged, 50% off included.

This is a great hotel. I would love to stay here again if and when I have the chance. The restaurant wasn't bad. The steak was good. The salad needed work as it wasn't washed properly. For a hotel that's basically in the middle of nowhere, it offers great value and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Kingston, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

The packing, trip to airport, flight and arrival at Miami Intl were so draining, the hotel selection for the evening before boarding our cruise was going to play an important role in the overall vacation. This Embassy Suites was ideal. A bedroom separate from the living room/kitchen was a nice interlude before the tiny ship cabin. The large, active atrium was a bit of a preview of the ship we were to soon board. The complimentary arrival cocktail hour hit the spot and the generous buffet breakfast in the morning provided plenty of sustenance before leaving for the pier. We encountered a nice size room, comfortable bed, surprisingly quiet sleeping quarters and a staff anxious to please. The free shuttle from MIA and available shuttle service to the pier meant we didn't have to rent a car. It also meant that, given the fact that the hotel is located far from any other restaurants and stores, we were locked into dinner at the mediocre, slightly overpriced steak house in the atrium. We closed our evening using the decent pool/hot tub and above average fitness center. Both of us were happy with our 1 night stay here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!