“Outrageous to charge for wifi.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Winter Rates from $139
Ranked #56 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Outrageous to charge for wifi.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010 via mobile

For 110 dollars it has what you would expect but it is outrageous to charge for wifi especially when the business centre and hard wire connection is free. Also, tables cleared very slowly at breakfast.

EmbassyMiami, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for not clearing your table at breakfast as quickly as possible. We are so sorry that this negatively affected your stay. Regarding High-speed internet charges, it is our policy to charge for this additional service as it is at most other full service hotels; however, as you mentioned it is provided free in the business center which offers a cost savings to our guests.

Thanks again for staying at Embassy Suites/Miami International Airport. We hope you will come and visit us again soon.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I forced my fiance to book this hotel as I had great experience at Embassy Suites in Seattle,WA
Wow was I surprised,
First of all we had to wait 1/2 hour for the shuttle despite the hotel just being minutes from the airport, while this was somewhat ok as the shuttle driver was a friendly chap who gave us useful tips about where to go etc,
We entered the room to be greeted by the smell of mold which worsened as we entered the bathroom, the ceiling looked like it was chipping in several places due to the dampness,
At the breakfast table the manager went around enquiring people about their stay, and she conveniently ignored mewhile I was sitting right in front of her nose, maybe because I'm not a business traveller and they only care about the frequent visitors,
Deeply Regret my decision and my fiance swore never to set foot on another Embassy Suites again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and thank you for your objective feedback and opinion of your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered on your recent stay with us, especially for our Manager not asking you about your stay. I am certain it was an unintended oversight but naturally it will be addressed to her. Regarding the timing on our shuttle, the shuttle does operate every 1/2 hour to/from Miami International Airport and this is similar to the service provided at other area hotels. The issues you had in your suite should not have been experienced and we are in fact addressing this issue with new A/C units in 2011.

Again, I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. However, I hope you will give our hotel and Embassy Suites another opportunity.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights during a tour of Florida. And it is probably not a hotel we would choose again. The hotel is simply not on par with other Embassy Suites. A large number of small things missing - details which together makes a difference to the guest experience. Firstly, the rooms were very spartan decorated - and seemed very worn. And when we arrived housekeeping had forgotten to change the bedding on the sofa bed after the previous guest. And when we came back to the hotel on the second day of our stay our room had not been cleaned. The condiments tray in the room were not refilled during our stay. When I visited the business center two of the computers were out of order. At the restrooms next to the restaurant all soap dispensers were out of soap. In front of the reception there are dispensers with cold water - a really nice thing - but when empty nobody took notice of them or refilled them. And then there was breakfast. It was really a zoo. For some strange reason, this Embassy Suites has decided that ALL people must stand in line for hot items. With the result that you had to wait in the very looong omelette queue even if you just wanted a waffle or a strip of bacon. Other Embassy Suites does a Hot Buffet, so you only have to stand in line if you want cooked to order items.

Theese are all small things that it would be easy for the hotel to correct - so I dont understand why they havent done so....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
EmbassyMiami, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on TripAdvisor.com.

Your opinion and feedback are very important to us. We are very sorry that you found our service in breakfast and housekeeping lacking. This summer was a challenge for our hotel with an increase in the multiple guests in our suites and we are currently working on ways in which we can better meet the needs of increased occupancy. We appreciate that you are a loyal Embassy Suites customer and can assure you that the experience of our hotel is not reflective of our hotel or our brands standard.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service in the future.
McKinney, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

If you have to overnight in Miami do not stay here! It was terrible! We had to wait an hour in the Miami heat for our shuttle to the hotel. Once we got there the hotel was old and the staff was not customer service oriented. Our room was old and not clean. The shower had mold and the vanity had some stains all over the front. The carpet was dirty and the beds were terrible. I would have rather slept in the airport then stay at this dump! Do not stay here. I stay a Hilton brands all overin this was the worst by far. The pictures are not what the rooms actually look like in person.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

We are sincerely sorry that your suite did not meet your expectations. We will address some of your comments to our housekeeping staff immediately in an effort to correct this issue. Please be assured that this is an isolated incident and is not reflective of our usual level of service or cleanliness.

Again, thank you for commenting so that we can improve.

Phila, Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This is a review from a stay over a year ago, so I'm sorry for being late but I had to get it in. My family and I stayed at this hotel as a layover after I was in Miami for a business trip then it was off to vacation, on a cruise. I have stayed in Embassy Suites in Tampa and Las Vegas and very soon ( last week of August ) in Williamsburg Va. The positive: very close to airport and friendly staff and close to local fast food locations. The negative: Once we entered our room it SMELLED AS IF SOMEONE LEFT A DIRTY MOP IN OUR ROOM WITHOUT OPENING THE WINDOWS IN THE DEAD HEAT OF SUMMER FOR OVER A MONTH, OR OF EXTREME MOLD. It was so bad that we could not stay in the room for more than 5minutes. It felt like a ball of mold was stuck in our throats. We immediately informed the front desk and as mentioned before, friendly service, they instantly offered us another room. BUT, I dont know if we had the scent installed in our noses, but this other new room had the same scent. The assistant manager said she did not notice the stench and I looked at her as if she was nuts. They offered to move us to another room and honestly I asked was it the same floor, 7, she said yes and I gave up. So we planted our bags and left our room, hit the pool, shower and out to eat. I know this review is some what old and I am sorry for being late, but now that we are off to Busch Gardens Va, I had to write it. Based on reviews that I see here it seems as if they fixed the problem. And that's awesome. But I know our stay on that particular night, it was horrible, not even the breakfast saved it and we always loved ES buffet breakfast.
It just seemed that at that time the hotel needed a major overhaul and again if it has taken place I cant wait to go back. But if my company sends me to Miami again or in general, to a ES hotel, and they will in the last week of August in Williamsburg Va, because that's our choice hotel, I will request to see the room before I sign in. And I hope it is up to sniff, ooops, snuff.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
South Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

My family and I stayed here for the Fourth of July weekend and were treated very well. The shuttle was a little slow...but it was 1:00 AM so I completely understand. Check in was a breeze and we were assigned a tenth-floor room far from the elevator (as requested). There were complimentary water bottles (already in the fridge...nice and cold) in the room for our HHonors Diamond level as well as complimentary Wi-Fi. The room was very clean, cool, and fresh smelling with plenty of towels and lots of toiletries. Breakfast was a little crowded as is the norm for an Embassy Suites on a holiday weekend. The staff did a great job of working the crowd and there were advisories in the elevator telling you the best time to come to breakfast. Food selection was good and the cooks working the omelet line were great. The previous comment as to the staff not speaking English is obviously someone who has not been to Miami before and does not appreciate the charm of our own US-located Latin American city complete with Spanish language primacy and God-awful Caracas-Bogota-Havana-Managua driving practices!! I would not have it any other way! Keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
EmbassyMiami, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Thank you so very much for your TripAdvisor review!

Your positive comments regarding our Hilton HHonors amenities and complimentary breakfast mean the world to our team members. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the unique diversity of cultures which makes Miami a great city to visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami soon.

Gracias!
Aiea, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Our experience started on a bad foot with our pick-up from the airport on a Saturday night (48minute wait). Three other shuttles from different hotels passed us at least twice during our wait. Chatting with others on the shuttle, I found some had been waiting slightly longer than we had. The driver had to leave 10 people behind because there was no room in the shuttle. He called in for back-up after letting them know that another shuttle was being requested.

Chek-in was fast and very friendly. The gentleman at the desk answered all our questions. Check-out was even faster; just a simple call to the front desk.

The 6th floor room was on a corner and we immediately began to worry about hallway and atrium noise affecting our sleep. Neither was noticed during the night, but conversations could be heard through the bathroom wall. The room was very large and clean. The King size bed was very comfortable and my wife appreciated the five pillows on the bed.

We ordered in room service from the in-house steakhouse restaurant. I tried calling three times before someone picked up and politely took my order. The delivery was timely and the food cooked to perfection. The breakfast service we had Sunday morning was the largest and most diverse of any hotel that I have stayed at in recent memory; including our previous week stay at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites near the airport. It was better than what some restaurants offer. The made to order omelets were a treat and I loved the hash-browns and juice selection.

Upon leaving, we missed the scheduled airport shuttle by 10 minutes. Another driver agreed to take us right away instead of waiting 20 minutes for the next one. This was a pleasant surprise and made up for the trouble we had getting a shuttle from the airport the previous night.

All in all I felt the $107 price was good for what we got. I don't really care what the decorum of the hotel is as long as it is clean, user friendly, and provides good value. I believe you will find all of these at this Embassy suites........plus a koi pond, if you care.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your courteous and objective review of our hotel.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast and the other amenities which make Embassy Suites a great value.

We look forward to having come back and visit very soon!

Thank you.

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!