“Good breakfast but need renovation” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Miami from $169
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Miami
PR
“Good breakfast but need renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel is located close to the airport but the area is under construction, don't expect any nice views. You can hear airplane landing and departing. It doesn't bother me but it might perturb your good night sleep. They serve hot breakfast which is good. Rooms definitely need renovation and my room AC was not cooling the room enough. Will not stay in this hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
Key West, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

What a dump! Even though I arrived and departed in the dark, I would be afraid to see this property in the light of day! What's with the cooler and drink dispenser behind the bench in the smoking area, next to the front door? Wait, it gets better! Found a stain on the bedspread, doors and drawers were badly chipped, two of the electrical outlets didn't work at all....including the one nearest the coffee maker. Didn't have breakfast as I was late getting in and left before it started The only upside was the driver of the shuttle, although the shuttle van itself was ratty, dirty and needed a tune-up. If you just need to crash for a cruise or layover, t would do, but thisw place needs serious help!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize for the cleanliness issues you had while staying with us. We have directed your comments to that department as we continually refresh and improve on our property. We do hope that you give us another try in the near future.

Clavel Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel staff is the ONLY good thing about this hotel. The Embassy Suites brand is great for knowing that you will get the same type of room in different cities. This hotel needs a complete renovation, if not torn down and rebuilt. During the manager's reception, one of the elevators got stuck. It took awhile for staff to respond. The next day, both elevators near the check out counter we're not in service. This left only 3 elevators left for all people to check out. I use to stay at this hotel about 25 years ago and it looks like they have not done anything since. The bathroom made you want to wear socks so you did not get dirty.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We understand how important a great service experience is and apologize that it wasn't the consistent accommodations you expected. We will keep your comments in mind as we work with our teams to address your concerns and get these resolved. We hope that you return and give us another try.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Husband and I strayed here because they offered a cruise package where they picked you up from the airport and took you to the port. A little overpriced because it's in an ugly area of town but the hotel itself is nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Riverview, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I recently stayed in your Embassy Suites Miami - International Airport property, and if this was my first time in a Hilton I would never stay in another Hilton Property ever again. When you first pull into the parking lot, the place is just a mess. The security arms that are designed to protect its guest are either broke or just in the up position for all the world to enter. The lobby was a complete disaster, not inviting what so ever. The front desk did their job and that was it, did not even go 1/2 step extra to make you feel welcomed. The room at first glance was your typical Embassy Suite room. Clean, but I have seen cleaner but still presentable. We went to eat at the restaurant on the property and the meal/service was unfortunately as we were expecting from our first impression. . Luckily I had time to take my shower at night on this particular night otherwise, this e-mail would have been a phone call instead of an e-mail. I went to turn on my TV and all I got was audio, no picture. No big deal, I will just take a shower and go to bed. Went to get in the shower and all I got from the shower head was one stream of water. Tried to turn the knob to adjust it and the front of the shower head came off in my hand. Tried again to adjust it while holding the front of the shower head and the adjustment just spun around and did not affect anything. I called the front desk for a repair man and requested him to bring a new shower head with him. It took almost two hours for him to show up. His excuse was that he was at lunch and he didn't have a shower head with him. Meanwhile it is coming up to 11 PM at night and I had a business meeting the next morning, and now I have to wait for him to go find another shower head. When he finally came back I also told him about the TV. He stated who these TV do this all the time, you just have to adjust the ground in the back of the TV. He stuck his screwdriver through the back of the TV and tightened a screw and it did in fact work. My question is, if you know it is broken then lets get it fixed, this is a Hilton Embassy Suite not a motel 6. The salads we received looked good on the top, but as you started eating into it, the lettuce looked like it had been sitting out overnight and should of went into the trash instead of my plate. Sadly, they covered it up with good lettuce, so they knew what they were serving. The waffles fries served with my main dish were very good. I was responsible for booking this hotel for my team and we were scheduled to stay for three nights, needless to say we left the next day and stayed at another hotel chain. It was quite embarrassing for me, because I had to persuade them to stay here because they wanted to stay at another hotel chain, (the one we moved to) and I wanted to stay with Hilton. I am hoping you can make this better, as for I am a long time Hilton customer and would prefer to stay that way.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the series of service missteps you encountered. We are so glad that you chose our hotel for your group trip and regret we dropped the ball. We're making every effort to correct these issues. Although we know this does not change your experience with us we hope that you give us another try if you return to Miami.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were a family of seven. Had two adjoining rooms. After check in one of the rooms was still occupied. Then they argued that we shouldn't have been able to get into room with the key They gave us. Room service rang for literally 3 minutes straight before we just hung up and went down to order. Then went down to get order and drink but the bartender was running for life all over trying to run all services. Was really a joke! Would not stay here again! Stayed only one night! So glad for that.

Stayed July 2014
We appreciate your feedback about the staffing and service concerns and apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. Addressing the issues allows us to better serve you and future guests. We hope we can invite you back soon to experience our improvements.

Chestertown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms looked and SMELLED clean. The beds were comfy. Hotel has no control over the sounds from the airport but all was quiet through the night. Will use this hotel again when in the area!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We appreciate you mentioning that the noise level did not interrupt your night as well as the cleanliness of your accommodations. We hope to see you soon. Thanks again for your great review!

Best regards,

Clavel J Louis

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!