“Sadly the worst Embassy Suite I have ever stayed in” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Miami from $169
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Riverview, United States
“Sadly the worst Embassy Suite I have ever stayed in”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I recently stayed in your Embassy Suites Miami - International Airport property, and if this was my first time in a Hilton I would never stay in another Hilton Property ever again. When you first pull into the parking lot, the place is just a mess. The security arms that are designed to protect its guest are either broke or just in the up position for all the world to enter. The lobby was a complete disaster, not inviting what so ever. The front desk did their job and that was it, did not even go 1/2 step extra to make you feel welcomed. The room at first glance was your typical Embassy Suite room. Clean, but I have seen cleaner but still presentable. We went to eat at the restaurant on the property and the meal/service was unfortunately as we were expecting from our first impression. . Luckily I had time to take my shower at night on this particular night otherwise, this e-mail would have been a phone call instead of an e-mail. I went to turn on my TV and all I got was audio, no picture. No big deal, I will just take a shower and go to bed. Went to get in the shower and all I got from the shower head was one stream of water. Tried to turn the knob to adjust it and the front of the shower head came off in my hand. Tried again to adjust it while holding the front of the shower head and the adjustment just spun around and did not affect anything. I called the front desk for a repair man and requested him to bring a new shower head with him. It took almost two hours for him to show up. His excuse was that he was at lunch and he didn't have a shower head with him. Meanwhile it is coming up to 11 PM at night and I had a business meeting the next morning, and now I have to wait for him to go find another shower head. When he finally came back I also told him about the TV. He stated who these TV do this all the time, you just have to adjust the ground in the back of the TV. He stuck his screwdriver through the back of the TV and tightened a screw and it did in fact work. My question is, if you know it is broken then lets get it fixed, this is a Hilton Embassy Suite not a motel 6. The salads we received looked good on the top, but as you started eating into it, the lettuce looked like it had been sitting out overnight and should of went into the trash instead of my plate. Sadly, they covered it up with good lettuce, so they knew what they were serving. The waffles fries served with my main dish were very good. I was responsible for booking this hotel for my team and we were scheduled to stay for three nights, needless to say we left the next day and stayed at another hotel chain. It was quite embarrassing for me, because I had to persuade them to stay here because they wanted to stay at another hotel chain, (the one we moved to) and I wanted to stay with Hilton. I am hoping you can make this better, as for I am a long time Hilton customer and would prefer to stay that way.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the series of service missteps you encountered. We are so glad that you chose our hotel for your group trip and regret we dropped the ball. We're making every effort to correct these issues. Although we know this does not change your experience with us we hope that you give us another try if you return to Miami.

Kind regards,

Clavel J Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were a family of seven. Had two adjoining rooms. After check in one of the rooms was still occupied. Then they argued that we shouldn't have been able to get into room with the key They gave us. Room service rang for literally 3 minutes straight before we just hung up and went down to order. Then went down to get order and drink but the bartender was running for life all over trying to run all services. Was really a joke! Would not stay here again! Stayed only one night! So glad for that.

Stayed July 2014
We appreciate your feedback about the staffing and service concerns and apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. Addressing the issues allows us to better serve you and future guests. We hope we can invite you back soon to experience our improvements.

Kind regards,

Chestertown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms looked and SMELLED clean. The beds were comfy. Hotel has no control over the sounds from the airport but all was quiet through the night. Will use this hotel again when in the area!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We appreciate you mentioning that the noise level did not interrupt your night as well as the cleanliness of your accommodations. We hope to see you soon. Thanks again for your great review!

Arequipa, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here based on previous experience with the brand and it was very pleasant. Good location, very friendly and helpful staff. Miami in July is hot and muggy so there is an expected dampness in the hotel but the a/c was working great fortunately. It was very busy and we still had prompt service. Nice pool. Good gym. Usual ES breakfast. Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay with us and a glad that you consider returning.

Clave Louis
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

it was a clean hotel; friendly staff; great breakfast... not close to much as its an airport location; shuttle to dolphin mall took an hour to get there; but overall it was a great experience and i'd recommend it to friends

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Alex, Thank you for your review. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience one of the many surrounding areas around our property. We hope to see you in the near future if you return to Miami.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This one of the most unique Embassy Suites I've been to. All rooms are interior but open to a walkway above the Atrium. The waterfall and pools are very relaxing. A made to order free breakfast is available every day in the atrium. The rooms are very comfortable and easy to work in if you need to. Wifi can be a little difficult to get logged in at times. If you're not familiar with Miami, locating can be a little hard, especially with construction in the area. Only about a 10 min drive to cruise ship ports. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We thank you for taking the time to write a great review. We always enjoy reading reviews that point out that we are unique from the other hotels in our area. We hope that when you do return to Miami that you consider staying with us again.

Detroit, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is really great hotel, great breakfast, great staff, great drinks, it was worth changing over from hyatt place. I would use this hotel chain again in the future. We had our family reunion here, I have never stayed at an Embassy hotel before. It was above and beyond my expectation. The only odd think was there was no good view from the room due to construction, it was still awesome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Tawana J, Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We are so pleased that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations during your family reunion group on our property. We certainly hope that you and family will join us again next year when planning your reunion again.

Clavel J Louis

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!