You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3974 NW South River Drive, Miami, FL 33142   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #54 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Extras!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel is nice and comfortable. My rate was $119 and included shuttle service to the Miami port. Complimentary breakfast and open bar for happy hour! For those two extras it was worth the money. Its a 15 min ride to South Beach or Dolphin Mall. A lot of airplane overhead but that should be expected at this location.

Stayed July 2014
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to write about all our complimentary amenities. We hope that you return soon.

Clavel J Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Polish first
Barbados
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We almost always choose to stay here coming back from international flights when we overnight in Miami--however, the last few visits I've seen the service at this hotel go down markedly.

For example, this visit- I waited for 45 minutes outside the terminal--while other hotels shuttles passed by at least three or four times. When I told them at the desk how long I waited, I was told there was only one shuttle and sometimes there is traffic. (Despite other shuttles somehow making the rounds.)

When I made the reservation, I asked for a room away from the elevators. Guess where my room was? Right by them. Wonderful.

WIFI in room is expensive and not a good signal.

Check in was not easy--its was a hassle and when I asked to speak to the manager, I was told he was "on vacation." I guest that explains a lot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with the shuttle have been addressed with that department and those team members. Thank you for being a loyal guest and we appreciate you alerting us to this issue. We hope you will give us a second chance to experience the excellent level of hospitality that you have received before as a loyal guest.

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here for a night pre-cruise. We purchased the cruise package with our room which provided a shuttle to the Port for free....otherwise i believe you pay $10 pp. Also they provided a free shuttle to a restaurant within 3 miles. I had a groupon for La Rosa, and the shuttle dropped us off and picked us up after dinner. The room was nice, spacious. The free breakfast was good. We stayed on the top floor and didnt have any noise troubles. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Arrived at the hotel for a 1 week stay to be informed that it could up to 2 hours before the room was ready. Pressed a little harder on the hotel front desk help to help me understand why the room would not be ready for 2 hours and lo and behold a room was available - on the 4th floor of this 10 floor property. Asked the clerk if they would like to have a room on the 4th floor with all the noise and miraculously - a room on the 10th floor was available. Moved the luggage to the room and started to unpack. During the unpacking process - noticed that the overhead A/C unit was dripping condensation all over the carpet and that someone had turned off the in room refrigerator and it had defrosted and leaked water on the carpet in front of it. At this point - I'm worried that this will be the high spot of this stay - the feeling was not unfounded.

Day 2 in Miami - the usual downpour typical to this time of the year is making its presence known. I arrive in the room to a very wet and humid smell permiating the room. Upon investigating - I find that the carpet in front of the sliding glass door to the unfurnished patio (with a spectacular view of MIA) is soaked to the touch. A call to the front desk and a dryer is dispatched to the room to attempt to dry the carpet - the reality is that the leak has been there a long time as evidenced by the fact that the nightstand is water rotted and there is a clear sign of mildew and mold in the carpet under the nightstand.

Having had enough - placed a call to Hilton Honors and was connected to a friendly voice assuring me that they were there to solve the issue. This person listened to the issues with the room and promptly cold transferred me to "Customer Care". Customer Care is where you go to be assured that the problem can be fixed - will 20,000 Hilton points be enough? I don't know where Hilton management got the idea that offering points to make up for their poor maintenance of their properties was a good idea - but so I am clear - this does not make up for having to breathe airborne mold and mildew blown around by their dryer and then recirculated by the A/C unit. Never once did any of the MIA Embassy staff say - you can't stay where you are - let us move you to a room that isn't a health hazard - instead they tried to fix their poor maintenance issue with me still in the room. This is just one of many quizzical occurrences at this property.

Bottom line - if you are a business traveler - stay away from this property - it's loud, the elevators are playthings for the younger set, and you have to pay to park your vehicle then use a keycard system that works sometimes and most of the time doesn't. If you are laying over to head out from MIA and only parking it for the night - this hotel is satisfactory for your 1 night stay. One last note - if you think your Hilton status will help you resolve your concerns - think again. I am Diamond and well on the way to Diamond again this cycle. It means nothing except another layer of incompetence in resolving your problem.

Wake up Hilton - I can spend my lodging money anywhere I choose - it's becoming apparent that Hilton is less concerned about return business and more concerned about seeing their names mentioned on sites like this - especially when it's not a glowing review.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. The proximity to MIA is worth not having a bad experience at this hotel. Leave...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a detail experience you encountered during your stay. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations throughout your stay. We strive to provide the quality experience you expect from our brand and regret this was not your experience. Although I cannot change your experience please know that we are addressing your review with our directors of those departments. We will keep your concerns in mind as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' needs. Please contact me and I hope you will give us another opportunity should you return to our area in the future.

West Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed her for one night after a late night dinner with friends and before leaving for the Keys the next morning. A friend had a gift certificate for the hotel they weren't going to be using so our stay was actually free, which was great! We arrived and they had a nice secure lot with parking. We were greeted and checked in fairly promptly. When we arrived to our room, we were a bit disappointed because we smelled cigarettes even thought it was a non-smoking room. We were at the end of the hall right next to the laundry room and balcony so I imagine that was the source of the problem. The suite iteself was spacious but seemed a bit dingy/dated. Since we were just there for the night, we didn't unpack or use the living room area. We went straight to bed and the bed was very comfortable! The next morning we took nice hot showers but unfortunately the towels also smelled like cigarette smoke. The atrium where the breakfast buffet is, was gorgeous. There were lots of greenery (fake plants) and a coi pond. There were also birds in the area so that was cool. The breakfast itself was so-so. they touted a cooked to order breakfast but it was mostly the standard fare plus an omelet bar. My husband had them cook an omelet and said it was underseasoned. I had some oatmeal and it was also very bland and I didn't care for the yogurt. The bananas were fresh but the apples seemed overripe. Overall, everything was just adequate but nothing was spectacular. Fine for an overnight stay, especially if you are flying in or out or headed to something nearby, but I wouldn't recommend it for an extended stay (which is what embassy suites are usually geared towards). Also, when we mentioned the smoke smell to the receptionist upon check-out she seemed very dismissive like it wasn't a big deal so that put us off a bit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are please that you were able to experience our property and that you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for the cleanliness issue you experienced and that lack of response. We have addressed those departments on how to assist our guest in the future. We do hope that if you return to Miami that you give us another try.

Kearny, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I always try to find an Embassy Suites when I need an overnight stay and this was my first to MIA. I waited a very long time after 4 attempts to call the concierge that our party of three had arrived. No one answered the direct hotel line nor Ext #3 for the concerige. The manager's party was packed but animal crackers and watered down sangria were not was I was expecting. The hotel did provide a free shuttle service to area restaurants and the driver gave us his cell phone to call when done but he was the ONLY driver that night and once again we waited a very long time for pick-up which was not uncommon according to the restaurant staff. During normal check in times and check outs there was only one guest services rep on duty = long lines. On a positive side: the room was clean, the pool open & clean and breakfast was fine. The shuttle to the cruise terminal was very well run and on time. There are probably many other hotels I'll try next time in MIA.

Room Tip: You want one away from the runway path: noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please accept our apologies on the long lines and lack of service response during your stay. We do hope that on your next visit you will give us another try. We are taking action on your concerns. Again thank you

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed here a number of times over the past few years. Always had a great room with a decent airport view. Good location. Nice Sunday brunch available. Great value for money and clean throughout. Enjoy my stays here. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for being a loyal guest on our property. We appreciate you taking the time to write your review on all our amenities that we offer. We hope to see you in the near future!