“Beautiful hotel, some minor flaws” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Fall Rates from $104
Ranked #55 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Dekalb
“Beautiful hotel, some minor flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and was mostly pleased. The location is great if doing a lot of travel due to the close proximity to the airport and the free shuttle. There doesn't seem to be too much to do in this area that I could see so if you want night life or beach access this is not the place. The pool is very nice and clean, they have onsite self-serve laundry and the managers reception (snacks, drinks and music in the atrium) was so very appreciated, awesome and should be offered at more hotels! Upon entering the lobby you are reminded that this is Miami. They do not have lobby's like this where I am from and I was very impressed. With the indoor atrium, koi pond and waterfall its very enchanting and even better this is where they serve breakfast. The breakfast was a little confusing and caused me to miss the good stuff. The hours posted were a bit misleading so I went down early and there was no hot breakfast foods available yet. Sadly I didn't have enough time to go back and try some of the pancakes, sausage and made to order omelets. The muffins, donuts and orange juice was good but I wish I would have known the good stuff was yet to come. As for the room, we had a suit and it was up to date, clean and nice however, there were problems with our room. The room keys would not activate and needed several attempts from staff, the phones were not working when we arrived and the balcony door would not completely close/ lock. All except for the balcony door was addressed and corrected (after heading to the front desk several times I chose not to discuss the door issue.) The front desk handled everything professionally but I could sense that they were getting tired of me asking for assistance. Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel. It would be nice if they would double check the rooms before putting them in the system so that they are ready for weary travelers thus eliminating the need for several desk trips.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
Peoria, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The location was convenient & shuttle was helpful. However, front desk quoted me wrong price (despite paperwork showing otherwise) & were pretty rude about it; manager's reception was terrible (however, the liquor was plentiful....)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We're sorry to hear about the misunderstanding regarding your room rate and regret that this issue was not handled with the friendly service you expect. We assure you that this is not typical and have addressed your concerns with our front office team. We are also working to improve our complimentary Evening Reception and welcome any additional comments. Please feel free to contact us directly and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Clavel J Louis
Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I enjoyed stay at the Embassy Suites everything was great from the time we arrived to the time we departed, would recommend this Hotel to family in friends. We stayed here because it was close to the Port of Miami were our Cruise Ship was leaving from and they provided a shuttle from the Hotel to the dock for a small fee. the complementary breakfast was great cooked to order, room was very clean, access to the hotel was convenient to other eating places, we will stay there again next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We always stay at the Embassy Suites Airport locations on our arrival every year. We have stayed at Miami before as they have a great cruise package. Unfortunately this year the Manager's evening reception was 'short changed' we felt. 'Bombay mix' nibbles with a salad dressing side is unappetising at the best of times, not up to their usual standard at all. We've previously had chips & dips or crudités. We were also charged for a 2nd room which we did not know about until our return home 3 weeks later & it showed on our credit card bill !! Unfortunately they still cannot sort this out for us, after numerous emails & phone calls. Still waiting, very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I made my reservation online through the Hilton website for a deluxe suite, which advertised WIFI, parking and late check out included with the total price of the room. Upon check in, I was informed that I needed to pay an additional $16.00 for parking, nothing was mentioned regarding the WIFI and I questioned the late check out at 2pm which was also advertised for this specific deluxe suite. I told the man checking us in that I thought the parking was included and that I would be checking out at 2pm. He told me that I would have needed to book the suite which was $20.00 more to have the parking included and that I would be saving money by just purchasing the parking separate. I was also informed that the check out time was at 11am, If I were to check out at 2pm, there would be an additional $30 charge. He told me that he would put a note on the account in which I would be checking out at 1pm and no additional charges would be incurred. I decided to agree with him, since I did not have my reservation confirmation with me at the time. Upon checkout I again questioned the parking, but was told again by check out lady that it was not included with the suite I had reserved. When I was given the receipt I noticed that the suite was approximately $10 more than what I had reserved. I was able to find my original reservation confirmation with the total price which was less than what I had actually paid. I decided to take it back to the front desk and question the price difference from the reservation and the price paid. The lady at the front desk did some typing in her computer and returned $25 back to me, which included the parking I had questioned twice and had paid. I still did not have the free WIFI and late 2pm check out which is advertised for the deluxe suite.

Entering and exiting the parking lot is also a pain. After I had checked out and was driving out of the parking lot, I was never informed that I needed to keep one of the room keys in order to be able to get out of the parking lot. Both of the keys were turned in at check out. This inconvenience made me have to park the car again, return to the front desk and ask how I was supposed to drive out of the gate.

I would have liked to give this hotel 5 stars, I enjoyed the atrium area, the breakfast was surprisingly good, and overall it was nice. However, when I was told that I would need to pay all these additional fees, which were advertised as included in the deluxe suite and the parking fiasco at the end I can only give it a low 4, if that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Salisbury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had an easy check-in and checkout. The complimentary evening reception exceeded my expectations. I thought it would be just beer or champagne. But we had a choice of sangria, rum punch, long island ice tea, etc. All the drinks were great with light snacks like crackers, nachos and dip. The cooked to order breakfast, was just that. Great omlet! Will definitely stay here(MIami Airport) and at other Embassy Suites.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I usually like this hotel. But not any more.

When I made reservations, the hotel advertised complimentary WiFi. When I checked in they told me I had to pay. $13 isn't a lot of money . . BUT . . they advertised it as free. The hotel staff did nothing to fix the problem even when I explained (three times) that they advertised it as free when I made the reservation.

Guess Embassy Suites (a Hilton property) only cares about getting money and doesn't care about a good customer experience.

I'll be writing a letter to corporate headquarters.

Room Tip: Bring money. This hotel only wants your money.