“i have no complaints” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport
Ranked #51 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“i have no complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

the first time i stayed here was my best friend and i travell to miami on business omg beautiful place and the rooms are so spacious i could not believe it. breakfast was off the chain, the only problem we was always on the go i never really got the chance to go in the pool and really relax in the hotel a whole day always promise to go back when ever i travell to miami again.

Room Tip: miami fl cornor suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Polish first
California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Arriving after a long flight, we had a warm welcome from none other than the shuttle driver Juan that was great. He offered fresh cold bottle water to all of my family and told us about the complementary shuttle. Juan was very helpful and knowledgeable. Once we arrive at the hotel, it was beautiful, very tropical “Miami” style with wonderful natural plants all over the hotel. Ivette from the front desk was awesome; she really took good care of us. She made sure we had enough towels and wash cloths for everyone and gave us a call once we were in our making sure we had received them. She was very sweet. Complementary drinks great! Martin was very nice and made sure we were having a great stay. Breakfast was the delicious, Jessie was very nice. Overall our stay was wonderful. I do recommend this hotel and just wanted to thank everyone that took care of me and my family.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The facilities at the hotel are ideal if you are working around or near the airport. Likewise, if you wish to hold meetings in the hotel it's an ideal place if you wish to remain by the airport. Overall, the facilities are good. Pros are the rooms: very clean, comfortable and roomy. Cons, the internet was a little slow (perhaps because I had a corner room) and the breakfast was limited. Overall, however, it was a good stay and I'd recommend the hotel for business.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

distrito federal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed for 5 days, the day before of our departure we received 2 calls asking at when and what time we were leaving, you have everything in the system isn´t it? why do you need to knocked in our door and call 2 more times. We asked fot cuttlery and we have to wait for more than half an hour at the end we went down to asked for it to the restaurant. If you are staying at this hotel reconsider it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for the inconvenience to you on those calls that were made to you as well as not receiving you utensils. We have forwarded this information to those departments. Although we cannot change the experience we do hope that you return so that we can make this right for you.

Kind regards,

Clavel J Louis
Madison, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel is everything you would expect of an Embassy Suites and it was close to the airport. The tropical atrium was the perfect primer for the cruise. I travel frequently for business and am a Hilton Honors member and the Embassy Suites is definately the flagship Hilton brand and this Maimi Airport location offers a great experience for an affordable price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

goiania123
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I booked this hotel for a family of 4 pre and post cruise. Our first stay was for 2 nights. My family was split into 2 flights, though arrived in MIA within 20 minutes of eachother. We met at baggage claim and went outside to find the hotel shuttle. The day we arrived the official shuttle was undergoing maintenance. The hotel was using a smaller van, typically used to transport guests to shopping/dining areas within a 3 miles radius of the hotel, as there is absolutely nothing near this hotel within walking distance except some chicken wing place that resembles a Hooters. I wouldnt go there with my family.
When the smaller shuttle pulled up to the curb, 15 minutes after we arrived outside, we were informed they only had space for 2 more passengers. Since my hubby and son had been traveling since 3:30am (and it was then 1:45pm), I told them to go first and get started on lunch, as they were quite hungry. My daughter and I would wait for the next shuttle, which we were told would be there in 20 - 25 minutes. So, they left and we waited and waited and waited and waited and waited. Other guests had been arriving at MIA too waiting with us. I called my husband a couple of times so he could ask the front desk when the shuttle would arrive. Both times, we were told "A few more minutes". 1 hour 30 minutes later, the next shuttle came. I arrived at the hotel and went straight to check in. No line at 3:30pm. I was then told my reservation had been cancelled ??? I asked when it was supposedly cancelled. I was told 04/19. The same day I was standing there?? They told me they could get a room for me, but it was more than I booked and then they wanted to charge me $10 pp for the cruise shuttle. Luckily I had my reservation confirmation with me and they gave me my original booking price, which included the cruise package. I will say that all staff involved were very apologetic and very nice, but it was aggravating x 10 since I was so tired from traveling all day.
We got to the room, which was everything you'd expect from ES. Very clean and spacious. I loved the room. We ate an early dinner at their restaurant. WOW...... it was edible at best. Overpriced frozen food. My salad was clearly DOLE in a bag. I know because I use this same one at home. But, theirs was a few dates past expiration and the lettuce was brown in some spots. I pointed it out to the waiter. He said he would tell the kitchen. My husband got fish tacos. It was frozen filet o fish patties, deep fried and put in a tortilla. I got a frozen burger patty. Totally dry and not good. My daughter got chicken fingers, deep fried in oil that ad not been changed in maybe a month. You could tell by the color of the frozen chicken tenders. I forget what my son got, but it was more of the same frozen crap. Our bill was about $140, without alcohol. This is the ONLY restaurant around and it is almost always empty. They would have a goldmine if they served fresh, good food. A lot of guests were ordering pizza delivery. Big sign that maybe they should make pizza??? But then again, they would probably buy frozen pizza, which defeats where Im going with this.
After dinner, we went to the managers reception. Again, staff was very nice, drinks were great, light snacks were good (nachos/salsa, pretzels w/ honey mustard sauce, goldfish etc..) We then went to the pool. It was a beautiful pool area. I'll also say the grounds of this hotel were lovely and wonderfully landscaped. My daughter swam for a couple of hours. She came out of the pool and her hair was in sticky/clumpy and she was complaining her eyes were stinging. There is WAY too much chlorine in the pool. She kept her eyes closed for the rest of the night and eventually fell asleep. Next morning she was fine and used goggles for the remainder of our stay. Also, to note, this hotel is right next to the airport. You could see and hear the planes flying overhead. I happened to think this was cool, some people did not like it. When you were having a conversation by the pool, you would have to pause while waiting for a place to pass by. They were loud. I had no problems inside the hotel.
The next day, we had a great buffet breakfast. Muffins, breads, donuts, fruits, cereal, eggs, bacon, sausages, omelettes, juice. Yes, the omelette line was very long. I skipped it. My son waited about 30 minutes. They should really get another chef, but I suppose this cuts down on the number of omelettes they serve, for free! Later that day, we got the hotel shuttle to a nearby strip mall. I got a case of water for the cruise and we had lunch at a fast food place, Pollo Tropical. It was better than the hotel food! We called to be picked up and only waited 10 or so minutes. Probably because another couple led from the same location a bit earlier than us. The shuttle driver was nice enough to stop at an ATM for me too, on the way back.
Shuttle times for the cruise were 9:30 and 10:30. We chose the latter. It was organized, quick and easy to the port.
Post cruise, we got to ES around 10:00am. I had put in a request for early checkin (to be charged $25 if offered). I know it wasn't guaranteed, so I wasn't upset when we were told it wasn't being offered that day, a Saturday. We waited until 12:30ish to go to the room. Also to note, you need a room key to get to the pool, so there was not waiting at the pool area. We went to the room, again clean as can be. Then to the pool, with goggles! We ordered pizza delivery and had lunch outside. Our room was over a function room with very loud music playing. I figured it would be over at 5 - 6, but when it wasn't, I called the front desk to see when it would end. I was told they didn't know what I was talking about, but would have security check it out??? I went down myself and saw a band and 100+ people singing church songs. How could they not know they had a function going on? I walked over to the front desk and told them what I saw. I was told they had the room until 11:00pm and was asked if I wanted to change rooms. My husband had to leave at 5:30am, so I took them up on the offer. We moved from the 2nd to 9th floor, again another clean room.
Getting the shuttle in the morning for both my husband/sons flight and mine was very easy. I left at 9am and was offered water bottles when I entered the shuttle bus. Where was this on day 1?? Again, consistency.
Overall, both stays were nice. I would recommend checking chlorine/chemical levels in the pool, reinventing the restaurant, enlarging the gift shop (no shopping or food nearby, ES could make $$$$$, but lacks in both areas.) stay consistent across all departments. Housekeeping / maintenance /landscape is perfect. Some front desk could be a little better. Shuttle drivers, bartenders, waitstaff at the restaurant (but probably make no money due to food and no customers), giftshop guy were all very nice. This could e a 4 star with slight improvement in areas I just listed.

Room Tip: Ask for a real balcony, not a Juliet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Gardena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Our stay was awesome. We were heer for one day prior to going on our cruise. The staff was friendly and informative from the shuttle driver to front desk service. The enviroment is warm and friendly. It's very welcoming and inclusive for families traveling with children. The rooms were awesome and I need one of those beds in my life (of course with the pillow). My sisiter and I are now makign plans for a family trip with the kids.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends