“Perfect stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Santa Cruz, California
“Perfect stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We arrived late at night in Miami so decided to stay next to the airport for a night. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast is really rich and good! Also: the hotel offers a free pick-up from the airport. We can totally recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We certainly appreciate the time you took to write it. Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Again thank you for the recommendation.

Clavel J Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Since my positive review over 5 years ago, this hotel has really aged and is looking very worn around the edges. I again stayed here before a cruise.

Carpets, furniture, and the beds are looking very old and worn along with the lobby furnishings and decor. Almost all of the staff were friendly with most being helpful, especially the van drivers and gift shop employee. The evening cocktail reception was packed with guests, but, the bar staff was efficient and friendly. I appreciated the laundry facilities, but, again, the equipment was old and well-worn. The ironing board and iron were great. The bathroom had nice name brand amenities and the closets had lots of hangers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Gio, Juan, and Tony helpful and fun to interact with. Lots of useful information. Hotel is great for overnight stay before heading out on a tour or cruise. Convenient to airport, has a great buffet breakfast. Pool is a little loud and there really is no way to walk around and see any sights.

Room Tip: May hear airplanes on higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Holladay, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Nice hotel, quick free airport shuttle. Rooms are huge with a seperate living room area. Small fridge and microwave as well. Free mixed drinks in the evening (they serve pretzels and popcorn) and free breakfast in the morning. Get to breakfast in plenty of time as there is a long line. It's a hot cooked to order not your typical free meal. There is a very nice pool and they have a free shuttle within 5 miles. There is a restaurant on site, I ate there once and it was below average and way overpriced for the quality of food. Overall I enjoyed the openness of this hotel and would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Chantilly, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise. Many people appeared to be doing the same. Great evening reception, clean facility. Free airport shuttle, very courteous bell stand to help with any transportation. We opted for a taxi to the port (about $25) but they also offered a bus ($10/person). Pool was great but very loud because of the airplanes. Nice breakfast but it was packed! Disappointing that there is NOTHING near the hotel, no other food options or no convenience store. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: ask for a room not overlooking the pool - that side is louder because of the airplane flight plans!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Needed a place near the airport to sleep a few hours after a late flight and an early morning scheduled. I was going to be there only 7 hours max. I had just stayed a few days earlier at a great Embassy Suites in Corpus Christi, TX, so I was stoked to arrive.

I arrived and had to pay $16 for parking. I'm just cheap. I hate to pay for parking at hotels with large parking lots unless they are in downtown New York.

Got to the hotel after one am and stood in line to check in. After about 10 to 15 minutes of waiting, it was my turn to check in. While the polite attendant recognized my diamond status, there was no water offered. I expected to maybe find bottled water in the room as some other Embassy Suites tend to do but was disappointed.
I had to pull out my USB chargers as this hotel has not joined the others in proving charging points for phones and tablets. This is just an annoyance when the 2 star hotels are providing charging points.

In the morning, my meeting was delayed so I did some work prior to heading down with my bags for breakfast. Big mistake, after waiting over ten minutes for a third elevator that arrived with yet another cleaning lady and cart taking up the entire elevator elevator, I decided to head for the stairs and just lug my bags from the fourth floor.
Well the stairs had an emergency alarm will sound exit sign on the bottom floor which was actually 5 flights down. So I had to climb back two flights to the second floor exit with bags in tow to get back into the hotel. At this point, I was going to have to walk around the entire hotel to get the dining area because there was no easy access from my current location.

My car was closer to me so I took the two flights of stairs in the exterior by the pool to get to the parking lot.

I was glad to drive away and look for a starbucks.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast before 7:30 am to avoid the cleaning ladies using the elevators. Avoid the stairs as...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
We are apologetic we were unable to provide you with the services you anticipated. This is not typical of our hotel and staff. We have used your review to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us. We hope that you will try us again so that we can male your next experience with us a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

A group of 14 stopped here the day before we were due to fly home. Hotel more than helpful. we had an early check in at 12.30pm and late check out at 1pm(after then you are charged). We had a family room which consisted of a bedroom with 2 double beds, a kitchen and lounge with a bed settee, dining table and chairs, and 2 t.v,s, brill for the children. Free cooked to order breakfast in the morning and free drinks and nibbles from 5.30 to 7.30pm. Outdoor pool lovely although planes above loud, but once inside this is not a problem. Downside, no shops, bars or restaurants worth going to nearby. Hotel bar and restaurant pricey, but then so is Miami.... Would stop here again.....

Room Tip: We were on the forth floor and this was ok
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly hope that you return and if you do here is a tip. There is a small town near our hotel called Miami Springs. They have shops and restaurants to offers you with a small town feel as well as Starbucks. Again, Thank you for your review and hope you visit us soon.

Clavel J Louis

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!