“Lazy people” 1 of 5 stars

Hurry Rates from $104
Ranked #52 of 129 hotels in Miami
“Lazy people”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff really could care less about your needs. The service is less then desirable. To check in it takes almost 6 hours. When you asked the front desk what's going on they just roll there eyes at you. If I worked at this hotel I would be ashamed of my self.

• Stayed April 2014
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
I am sorry about your experience at check-in and with our front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn't friendly or helpful. We strive to ensure all team members do their best to be at their best and your feedback will help us address these issues. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact us directly.

1,185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Polish first
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

If you want to stay awake for the whole night from the sound of aircrafts taking off then it is a very good option. Thin walls and single glass window in hotel room does not cut any sound of air rafts, which the hotel should have taken care knowing that they are so close to airport. Miami airport is one of the busiest ensuring constant high pitch in room.
On top of this poor customer focus, following is what I went through - I had a Prepaid booking for four nights here and was supposed to arrive late, hence called up hotel in advance to keep my room but when I arrive there was no room and I was sent to another hotel in the middle of the night, as if they are doing a favour, who want to get shunted in middle of night. I was assured that they will call up the other hotel to confirm availability the next day but there was no confirmation. When reception from Conrad hotel ( where I was sent for one night) called here the reception of Embassy suites spoke rude. After coming back here I checked three rooms in all different sides of hotel but due to poor construction there is none suitable. I am now struck in the hotel due to weekend and my agency is closed. If hotel had kept my room on first day then I had chance to change but due to the negligence of the hotel now I am struck here.
The manager don't have any answer why my room was not kept on first day, which shows they work on short term profit at the cost of customers. They offered to cancel the booking and refund which was selfish as that will ensure I don't have any room and they can give room at a higher rate. He even mentioned that the rate for my company (which is basis agreement with the hotel) is low and hotel can make more by giving to others.
I know that they will get customers due to proximity from airport so it does not bother to them if some customer complain. However, I am very sure I am never going to stay here again and warning anyone who read this feedback. Hope someone will take notice and improve situation in the hotel here. I am still trying to change reservation for rest of nights here but for weekend.

Room Tip: You don't have a chance... all are same, poor quality with lot of sound from outside.
Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We can assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and appreciate you alerting us about your concerns. We apologize for the service issues you encountered and we do all we can to accommodate guests whenever possible. We're reviewing our policies with our front office team and hope you'll consider giving us another chance to serve you.

Kind regards

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great service at the Miami Airport Embassy Suites. With Juan Mercado driving the shuttle, it was like having a personal chauffeur - for free! He took us to church, Walgreens, and even McDonald's! And to top it off, he arranged transportation for us from the hotel to the port (we were leaving on a cruise that afternoon).

Friendly guy, definitely made my stay worth it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
We appreciate your wonderful review on our customer service. Juan is a dedicated team member and has been recognized for his excellent customer service with our all guests. Our complimentary shuttle service not only takes you to and from the Miami Airport but can also drive our guest within a 3 mile radius when given ample notice. We hope you return soon.

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is a great hotel. All rooms are suites, giving an extra room with a sofa bed, fridge, micro-wave. Beds are comfortable and rooms are very quiet --NO OUTSIDE HALL NOISE!! Cooked to order breakfast is fabulous. They have a lot to offer. I have stayed at several Embassy Suites around the county and am always satisfied. ---the only CON at this hotel is if you have a vehicle, and if they hesitate to tell you at checkin - or check out ----you need your room key to LEAVE the property parking area.---Now how many people keep their room keys when they express check out? Not us. Luckily a bell man came and used his key to open the gate so we could leave ---they need to change that way of letting guests leave the property.

Room Tip: All rooms at this hotel are fantastic. Close to the airport but very quiet!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for writing this great review. We are definitely pleased that your stay with us satisfactory. We are the only hotel that offers all suites for every guest in this area and are pleased that you enjoyed this spacious amenity. We appreciate you letting us know about the room key and needing this to leave the property. We have informed all departments involved in the leaving property procedures for ease of departure.

Bluefield, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Our family of four stayed here for 2 nights before cruising. This was a fantastic choice of hotel, beautiful atrium with tropical plants and fish. Rooms were so spacious and very clean. Loved the separate living room area. Pool area was small but very we'll kept and enjoyable. Parking was very secure with a gate with only room key access. Managers reception was very needed after a 14 hour drive. Staff was friendly and accommodating to our early arrival. We will def stay here again when cruising out of Miami. Again this is a very clean and up to date motel ! Def look forward to visiting again, thx embassy for a relaxing start to out vacay !

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Buffet and Staff were great, room were ok. Had an issue with checkin and the checkin staff not following directions but was given a discount on room rate. Very close to airport which is good for quick stay but the fly overs were noisey.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here for one night as I had a flight out of Miami Airport the next day..arrived here in the evening with two young kids, check in was fast and efficient. W were advised of the managers cocktail at 7 and it was very good. The breackfast was very good as well. Room was clean and beds were comfortable as was the bathroom. The kids loved the jungle theme of the lobby..seeing the fish and birds. I would recommend this hotel to families no doubt.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!