“Nice Hotel for the Price” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Hurry Rates from $109
Ranked #49 of 130 hotels in Miami
Newport News, Virginia
“Nice Hotel for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Used this hotel as a pre-cruise stay and it was a nice place to sleep. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the manager's reception is always a good time.

The shuttle took a while at the airport, I saw other hotel shuttles drive past several times before the Embassy Suites shuttle showed up once. It was a nice quick ride once it arrived, and the driver had ice-cold water bottles on hand.

The open atrium is beautiful, but does not offer enough seating for busy times like during the manager's reception and breakfast.

Breakfast which was the reason this hotel did not score a 5 with me, was a let-down. I have stayed in other Embassy Suites before and was always amazed by the breakfast. Unfortunately, this stay, it was very limited, and none of it was go-back-for-seconds good. For some reason, they do not let you serve the hot items yourself, and they have the yogurt in a trough instead of in individual containers. Even the cereal tasted less flavorful.

I still highly recommend this hotel, just be aware of the downhill breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1,216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked this hotel to park at on simpleairportparking.com. The rate was cheap and they offer a free 24hr airport shuttle. I was highly impressed with the courtesy of the staff I interacted with. Even though I wasn't a hotel guest, they were friendly and helpful. As I was waiting at the hotel for the shuttle, I was even offered a free bottle of water. Sometimes the little things make a difference! If I ever travel from MIA again , I will definitely park at this hotel!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Detroit, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Two nights in March 2014. Airport shuttle fine. Front desk service welcoming and friendly. Hallways and rooms are a bit shabby. Breakfast is somewhat of a joke, open only 6.30am-9.30am on weekdays (everything except muffins and bananas was taken away at 9.25 sharp), crowded, tables not cleaned frequently enough, no place to sit down. Quality of the breakfast food is reminiscent of a Comfort Inn or a Super 8, and was below what I expected. The onsite car rental desk is brilliant and provided outstanding service, courteous and efficient, heartily recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during our complimentary morning breakfast. We have notified the department to ensure that all guests have a positive start to their morning. We do hope that you would consider returning and hope that we can provide excellent service on your next visit. We have notified the in house car rental service of your review.

Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We only stayed one night. We loved the room, it was clean and as expected. However every noise in the hallway could be heard in our room. There is some noise from airplanes as it is 5 minutes from the airport, but it wasn't as bothersome as the noise by employees in the hall and other guests. The location is convenient to the airport, which is why we picked it as we had an early morning flight, but the roads around the hotel are a little confusing. FYI: it seems that Miami is another location that likes to use names like 8th avenue and 8th street near each other. Make sure you read signs carefully.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We are please that you enjoyed your stay with us and apologize for the noise level you experienced during your stay. We have taken your review and notified those departments. Since we are centrally located near the airport our complimentary shuttle service provides and easy way to get around Miami within a 3 mile radius. All team members are very familiar with our area and can provide directions and give you a local map, should you have your own vehicle. We hope you give us another try.

Kind regards,

St Augustine Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Needed a place to lay our heads for a night. Hotel is close to airport which is handy especially when you arrive late at night. They anticipated a busy late night check in and had hotel appropriately staffed. And had extra shuttles running... Very smart. Room was clean and well equipped . Breakfast looked good at the made to order line... we just ate from ready made which I didn't love... Bell hop guys were supper pleasant. All in all a good experience.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Harmony, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here on business, and I have to say that overall it was a great experience! The shuttle ride from the airport was quick, and very pleasant.

The room was very comfortable and provided quiet restful sleep.

Really appreciated the Manager's reception, and the "cooked to order" breakfast was terrific!

The one downside to the visit was upon returning to the airport: I had asked the night before if I could make a shuttle reservation and was told that none was necessary. I went down in the morning and as I was checking out the shuttle driver asked me if I wanted him to take my luggage to the shuttle. I told him that I could get it, and that I would be there shortly. Following that, several others came down and boarded the shuttle with very little, if any, luggage. When I went out the driver told me that there was no room for me on the shuttle. I mentioned that he knew I was there and coming, and his response was that I should have let him put my luggage on the shuttle when he asked. I went out and found that there was plenty of room for my luggage, and a seat still available for me as well. His response was, "I guess someone must have gotten off." No, they didn't. This is the reason for the lower ranking on the Service. An unfortunate "last memory" of an otherwise enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SF Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

American Airlines had overbooked flights so they put us up this hotel. However we had to report back to MIA for an early morning flight. Woke up early to secure a spot for the hotel-to-airport shuttle line. Sure enough long line but felt we would have seats since we were 10th thru13th in line, enough to have a seat on the shuttle. Then a group of 4-6 shuttle came down and lined up off to the side. Then within a couple of minutes the shuttle arrived and was bum-rushed. That group jumped the line got on the shuttle first. While my group was left without a seat. Needless to say we upset since the driver had allowed them to get on without being in the appropriate line. We missed the bus and had to scramble for a taxi. The hotel and driver should not allowed to have this happen. Super upsetting and definitely not a good hotel and hospitality server. :-(

Room Tip: Do not rely on the free shuttle service as you may not get a seat despite standing in line. Have a b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We apologize for your experience with the shuttle service you encountered. We have notified that department and are working with them to ensure that our guests can us this complimentary service we provide with ease and arrive to their destination on time. Your satisfaction is important to us. We do hope that you give us another try in the future. Thank you for your review

Kind regards,

Clavel J Louis

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!