“Typical Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Newport News, United States
“Typical Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Covenient parking can get a bit tight with lots going on at the hotel. Staff is friendly and accomodating. I had a lower floor room (3)so the evening reception was a bit loud. Gets even worse when the large groups arrive to meet cruises departing from Miami. I would definitely stay here again. The gripes are minor, just passing them on for others to consider.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you, we certainly appreciate your review. We hope to see you again when you are in Miami.

Kind regards,

Clavel J Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

First the bad: the location is not great. It's on what I might call the "business end" of the airport runway, so if you open your window to the outside at night, be prepared for some deafening jet noise. (BUT, the glass in those windows was really sound proof. After we closed the door you could hardly hear anything.) The area around it is really run down. I would not go walking around here outside at night, nor would I leave my car there when I wasn't staying there (which I know some people do while away on cruises) even though they have a little gate at the front of the parking lot. The rooms need a serious update, the bathrooms have an industrial feel to them, and the main door to the living room area has a huge gap under it which lets both light and sound from the interior of the hotel in. Also they could do with some new mattresses that are slightly firmer. I like soft beds, but these are too much.

Now the good: We booked this place because we have a nine-month old baby, and we wanted two rooms so we could talk and have the lights on in the evening without waking him up. Pre-baby, I would have preferred to stay at one of the more upscale places on the beach or in downtown, but I can't afford a two-room suite at any of those hotels. So Embassy Suites it is.

The rooms were clean, and they're SUPER family friendly. The crib (a Pack N' Play) was already set up for us before we arrived. We had plenty of space to spread out, and the baby could sleep in living room while my husband and I had some time to ourselves. In the morning, baby and I went to the free breakfast before my husband got up. If you go a little later, the line can be crazy, but early in the morning it wasn't too bad. The food was suprisingly good. AND, I was AMAZED by the customer service. I can't remember her name (I think her badge said she was from Poland?), but one of the ladies working there first found me a table since I was trying to carry food and drinks and also push a stroller. THEN, she insisted on getting some bananas and yogurt for the baby and also brought me silverware which I forgot. This was some of the best customer service I've ever had!!

After breakfast, I took my coffee and went to check out their pool area. THIS is their secret weapon! I couldn't believe how beautiful and NOT cookie cutter it was! It feels like old Florida, with big trees and bushes, very clean, and lots of shade on the sides.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate all the reviews we receive and even more so with such details. We are in a Metropolitan area that is extremely busy. We can understand your concern. We take the safety of our guest very seriously and have 24 hour security staff in our hotel that monitors, not only the inside but the outside as well. Also, we have taken the in-room comments and addressed it with that department. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you on your next visit!

Clave J Louis
Onawa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed here the day before we were to depart on our cruise. Do to airport delays we didn't get in to the hotel until close to 10pm. So we didn't get to check out to many of the amenities. The breakfast was amazing. I was told by fellow travelers that came in earlier than us that the Happy Hour was very nice as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We hope that your next visit to Miami will bring you earlier to enjoy the amenities we do have to offer but are delighted that you enjoyed breakfast and stay with us.

Hope to see you on your next visit to Miami!

Sellersville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had been delayed in Miami for 3 days due to weather conditions and when the third cancellation of my flight home to PHiladelphia, PA forced me to add an additional night to my original stay, Embassy Suites charged me an additional $40+ for my third night, saying they were filled. This was not true. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income and had never been so stressed and felt coerced to accept this additional fee.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed here among three rooms for two nights and found the property offered all the amenities for a pre-cruise or post-cruise kick off. The large atrium lobby was a great area to eat as a group. The included breakfast is fantastic with eggs cooked to order with sausage, bacon, pancakes and all your cold fruit, cereal and yogurts to round it off. The atrium is simply stunning and although busy you could always find a place to eat even if it was across the bridge near the restaurant. The evening reception was a nice touch but the food just snack mix and chips and salsa but with a free full bar and wine and beer in a shorter line. We ordered dinner in and just ate in the lobby too. The cruise package is a little pricey compared to other hotels so we opted for our own transportation. Overall the rooms were great - offering a nice separate area to visit with family and not have people sitting on the bed. The pool area was wonderful and they brought around menus for lunch orders although we had other plans.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We certainly appreciate all your wonderful comments about our services and property. The atrium is usually a popular area for large groups and families because it is so spacious and you can all sit together. It is wonderful to know that met your expectations. We do hope when booking in Miami again that come to visit us again.

Kind Regards
Lower Keys, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Beware of this Embassy Suites location. November 2013 we booked a stay and park package directly with Embassy Suites located near the Miami Airport. We arrived back 10 days later to pick up our vehicle and all 4 tires had been stolen. The theft had occured numerous days earlier the hotel manager and security was aware of the theft and the hotel never contacted us.
The general manager of this location takes no pride in his hotel. He does not concern himself with the safety of hotel guests. This Emabassy Suites location services a high volume of cruise ship and airport passengers and safety should be his top priority. We were told by another guest of the hotel that a day prior an elderly couple staying at the hotel for a cruise was sent by hotel staff to a resturaunt across the street and were robbed at gunpoint.
The hotel presents a very false sence of security when selling this package that you and your vehicle will be safe in their gated compound. This is not the case. We notified the police to report the crime and all negligent safety issues were noted by police. Lights throughout the parking lot were not working,security cameras were not properly situated and police also stated this was the only hotel that did not allow them to enter and patrol as a courtesy without validating a ticket. When later contacted by the detective handeling the case he stated this is a regular occurance at this hotel.
Our vehicle was parked within site of the hotel entrance. Landscape pavers from the front entrance were used to jack our truck and steal all 4 tires. It scares us to think what may have happend had a hotel guest approched as this was taking place.
There was no assistance from hotel manager regarding our theft. We were stuck on the premises as this was a Sunday evening and we could not have the vehicle repaired. The hotel charged us for the nights stay and the hotel manager did not even have the courtesy to check on our situation.

Please protect yourself and stay with a hotel that prides themselves on guest safety and security.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with us, as the health and safety of our guests is my number one priority. I assure you that we take guest feedback very seriously and are following up with our security staff. Please contact me directly so I can speak with you about your experience.

Kind regards,
Clavel Jacques-Louis
clavel.j.louis@hilton.com
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our group found this property about 5 years ago on our way to a cruise. The property is pretty nice, the staff very friendly...what we love the most? The little gift shop off the lobby. It is a cool little shop that always has a neat variety of stuff and something for everyone. The breakfast here is very good and we will continue to stay here for our travels.

Room Tip: The higher the better.