“excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 110 Hotels in Miami
London, England
“excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Friendly and intelligent shuttle bus driver (it runs 24h from the hotel at :00 and :30, leaves the airport departures level approx :08 and :38), helpful check-in, really nice ambience with a huge sky-lit atrium. Rooms are mostly spacious two-room suites, twin bedroom with en suite bathroom, plus living room with reasonably comfy sofabed (where I slept) with a sink. Reasonable sized table for working / eating. Wifi is impressively fast. Room service food excellent and surprisingly prompt. Only complaint is that parking can be scarce and is overpriced ($16). "Managers Drinks" is free drinks (just pay a tip of a buck a drink if you want) from 5.30 til 7.30pm. Breakfast is included (was included in my rate anyway) and includes tasty hot options such as omelette, sausage, bacon, pancakes. Really great hotel experience - will be back again and again.

Room Tip: Above about floor six you will have a nice airport view if that is your preference (MIA is a super b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

FRANK at the front desk for the Self-Parking dept. was excellent! He printed my boarding pass to expedite my arrival to American Airlines as I was late! The shuttle bus arrived and Frank told JEFF to get me to the airport ASAP as I was running late. Awesome service!
Professional, helpful and friendly! I will always park my car at the Embassy Suites when I travel from MIA.

Thank you!
Maria D. Fernandez

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Columbus, Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because they offer a cruise package that includes shuttle service to Port of Miami. The managers reception was a blast and we met other cruisers, some on our cruise. The free drinks were unlimited. The restaurant in the hotel was fantastic and the service top notch. The room was perfect. I will stay here for every pre-cruise.

• Stayed May 2013
California City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!! This embassy suites whats not to standard to any Hilton change. First of all our room seemed dirty. The bathtub looked like it hasn't been clean over a decade. Second of all their STAFF is HORRIBLE! I left my personal belongings in my room. The person who clean my room got all my credit card's number, as well my home address, and made purchase it!! I called the hotel to complain, the general manger never answered, the security officer is rude! They were not helpful!!! I called the 1-800 number they were helpful. I did contact the police but they were not helpful. But my county police is inform and will try to solve this!!! DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT SOMEONE TO STILL YOUR IDENTITY AND MAKE PURCHASE WITH YOUR MONEY!!! HORRIBLE!!!

Room Tip: Take your items with you or make sure to bring locks to lock up your items! Bring some kind of shoes...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We are terribly sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. We take all guest feedback very seriously. In order to better assist you, please contact us directly in order to rectify this matter appropriately.

Warm Regard,

Clavel J Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is an old hotel. The air inside is very humid / stale and not crisp. The water was turned off from 12am-5am for supposed repairs. This was inconvenient for people who.arrived late or if you wanted to enjoy Miami's night life. The management did not offer to compensate guest for grave inconvenience. Very unprofessional. The room we were in did not have the double entry doors into the restroom. Everyone had to travel via the bedroom. Taxi ride to south beach is approx $20 each way. The courtesy shuttle is a joke! They advertise they will take you 3 miles away. When we ask to be taken to a restaurant within the 3miles that was advertised in there hotel attraction book the guest service and driver said the place did not serve food. Which in fact it did. The driver took us to a liquor store and told us that we could go there. We told him we did not want a liquor store but to go to the Airport Cafe and liquor, a cafe. Very disappointed with Hilton for this establishment. Needs improvement. Upon our departure the embassy was delivering notices to the guests informing them that the water would be off again from 12-5am. I was so glad to be leaving this establishment with no plans on ever.returning.

There should be corrected as their. Phone would not allow me to make corrections.

• Stayed May 2013
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

One of the best steak dinners I have ever had, and an excellent breakfast buffet. 2 TVs, huge king-size bed in our suite. Excellent service. IF you are a smoker you might have difficulty gettting a smoking room, but there are smoking areas just outside the front door.

Room Tip: IF you are a smoker, virtually all the rooms in this hotel are smoke-free, including balconies. You...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013 with four friends.

First, the good: the hotel is beautiful. Our suite was very spacious (we had 5 people and weren't cramped or crowded), and in excellent condition. Though the hotel seemed fairly busy, it was still pretty quiet and peaceful. The breakfast buffet was pretty incredible (fresh bacon, eggs, and omelets made to order). It's located very close to the airport, but we didn't have a problem with noise from the airport. You can't easily walk many places from the hotel, but there is a complimentary shuttle service that will take you within a certain radius, which certainly helps.

The one drawback we had was a miscommunication. We were in town to debark on a cruise, and had purchased the cruise package. Originally we had a group of four, and then added a fifth person. We had asked when we added the fifth person if there would be any additional charges, and mentioned that we were part of the cruise package. We had been told there would be no such charges. However, the following morning when we boarded the shuttle for the cruise terminal, we were told it would be an additional $10 for the fifth person. It's not a big deal (we had cash, and $10 isn't that much), but it would have been helpful to know that going in. The man operating the shuttle was also quite rude, both to us and to the other passengers we saw him interact with - I don't believe that he is an employee of Embassy Suites, though, I think it's an outside company they have partnered with for the cruise package. Again, this is a minor complaint, but there could have been better communication with us about the additional fee from the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!