“Self Parking” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Self Parking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

FRANK at the front desk for the Self-Parking dept. was excellent! He printed my boarding pass to expedite my arrival to American Airlines as I was late! The shuttle bus arrived and Frank told JEFF to get me to the airport ASAP as I was running late. Awesome service!
Professional, helpful and friendly! I will always park my car at the Embassy Suites when I travel from MIA.

Thank you!
Maria D. Fernandez

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

1,207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
Columbus, Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because they offer a cruise package that includes shuttle service to Port of Miami. The managers reception was a blast and we met other cruisers, some on our cruise. The free drinks were unlimited. The restaurant in the hotel was fantastic and the service top notch. The room was perfect. I will stay here for every pre-cruise.

• Stayed May 2013
California City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!! This embassy suites whats not to standard to any Hilton change. First of all our room seemed dirty. The bathtub looked like it hasn't been clean over a decade. Second of all their STAFF is HORRIBLE! I left my personal belongings in my room. The person who clean my room got all my credit card's number, as well my home address, and made purchase it!! I called the hotel to complain, the general manger never answered, the security officer is rude! They were not helpful!!! I called the 1-800 number they were helpful. I did contact the police but they were not helpful. But my county police is inform and will try to solve this!!! DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT SOMEONE TO STILL YOUR IDENTITY AND MAKE PURCHASE WITH YOUR MONEY!!! HORRIBLE!!!

Room Tip: Take your items with you or make sure to bring locks to lock up your items! Bring some kind of shoes...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We are terribly sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. We take all guest feedback very seriously. In order to better assist you, please contact us directly in order to rectify this matter appropriately.

Warm Regard,

Clavel J Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is an old hotel. The air inside is very humid / stale and not crisp. The water was turned off from 12am-5am for supposed repairs. This was inconvenient for people who.arrived late or if you wanted to enjoy Miami's night life. The management did not offer to compensate guest for grave inconvenience. Very unprofessional. The room we were in did not have the double entry doors into the restroom. Everyone had to travel via the bedroom. Taxi ride to south beach is approx $20 each way. The courtesy shuttle is a joke! They advertise they will take you 3 miles away. When we ask to be taken to a restaurant within the 3miles that was advertised in there hotel attraction book the guest service and driver said the place did not serve food. Which in fact it did. The driver took us to a liquor store and told us that we could go there. We told him we did not want a liquor store but to go to the Airport Cafe and liquor, a cafe. Very disappointed with Hilton for this establishment. Needs improvement. Upon our departure the embassy was delivering notices to the guests informing them that the water would be off again from 12-5am. I was so glad to be leaving this establishment with no plans on ever.returning.

There should be corrected as their. Phone would not allow me to make corrections.

• Stayed May 2013
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

One of the best steak dinners I have ever had, and an excellent breakfast buffet. 2 TVs, huge king-size bed in our suite. Excellent service. IF you are a smoker you might have difficulty gettting a smoking room, but there are smoking areas just outside the front door.

Room Tip: IF you are a smoker, virtually all the rooms in this hotel are smoke-free, including balconies. You...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013 with four friends.

First, the good: the hotel is beautiful. Our suite was very spacious (we had 5 people and weren't cramped or crowded), and in excellent condition. Though the hotel seemed fairly busy, it was still pretty quiet and peaceful. The breakfast buffet was pretty incredible (fresh bacon, eggs, and omelets made to order). It's located very close to the airport, but we didn't have a problem with noise from the airport. You can't easily walk many places from the hotel, but there is a complimentary shuttle service that will take you within a certain radius, which certainly helps.

The one drawback we had was a miscommunication. We were in town to debark on a cruise, and had purchased the cruise package. Originally we had a group of four, and then added a fifth person. We had asked when we added the fifth person if there would be any additional charges, and mentioned that we were part of the cruise package. We had been told there would be no such charges. However, the following morning when we boarded the shuttle for the cruise terminal, we were told it would be an additional $10 for the fifth person. It's not a big deal (we had cash, and $10 isn't that much), but it would have been helpful to know that going in. The man operating the shuttle was also quite rude, both to us and to the other passengers we saw him interact with - I don't believe that he is an employee of Embassy Suites, though, I think it's an outside company they have partnered with for the cruise package. Again, this is a minor complaint, but there could have been better communication with us about the additional fee from the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We arrived at 12:30 pm on our day of check in and were told they were taking a waiting list for room availablitiy. That we were garenteed our room but they would have to text us when it was ready. We were number 12 on the list, yet when other guests arrived to check in, they were given rooms immediately. We gave them our contact info and spent 4 hours driving around waiting for a call or text. Hot and tired from our flight, we decided to try our luck again with the front desk. Again, we were put on a list, again, because they had skipped over us on the original list, but still didn't have anything ready. We are Hilton Honors members for 15 yrs and have never had to wait so long for a room which we had a reservation for. e also noticed that Spanish speaking guests were given much better service than non-spanish speaking guests, and we were always greeted in Spinish first. We wanted to go for diner to waste more time, but the concierge was not able to help with suggestions other than "Burger King is walking distance". Once we were able to get into our room, we started to relax and enjoyed having a Managers cocktail, and lounge by pool. We had a quiet night and didn't have any problems until we tried to check out. Again we were not treated with any courtesy at all, but noticed a very outgoing staff when the guests spoke spanish. Over all, the hotel is convenient, clean, and lovely. Perfect for a pre-cruise vacation, and they have a shuttle service to the Cruise Port. No restaurants nearby so a car is a must, unless you want to eat at the hotel restaurant (we did not try it) but there is also a free airport shuttle. I am not sure if we would book there again, even though it is a Hilton property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!