“Was so surprised by the lobby/atrium area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Winter Rates from $139
Ranked #56 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Palos Verdes Estates, California
“Was so surprised by the lobby/atrium area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I thought I was in a 4 star hotel in Hawaii. Lots of lush vegetation and a tropical feel. It was really a treat. We arrived late (midnight) and took the shuttle to the hotel. It runs every 1/2 hour, I was told. We did have to wait a bit for it, but it did arrive and deposited us safely at the hotel. Check in was quick and the room was your typical Embassy Suite room. We had a king bed and 2 flat screen tv's. Everything was clean and neat.

The breakfast in the morning was wonderful. Had a large buffet with numerous stations. Had an omelet station to boot. It was all set out in their beautiful atrium area.

The hotel is near the airport, so in the morning you could hear the planes taking off. But all in all, this would be my go to place if I had to stay near the Miami Airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassyMiami, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Cliffview 12,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback from your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Miami. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our atrium is really a wonerful place to sit and just relax. We have many guest tell us that it feels like they are some where else. The sound of the waterfalls and all the lush greens really sets our hotel apart from the rest.
We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast. This is a fantastic way to start off your day.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Polish first
Murcia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The shuttle bus from Miami airport did not seem to be as frequent as those of other hotels, judging by the number of times we saw their buses pass us as we waited for the Embassy one, but it did turn up and the driver was friendly and helpful.

An impressive lobby in "adobe-style" colours and a splendid atrium with waterfalls, tropical planting and pools. Very cool and calming on a stormy, humid day outside.

The suites are of an era and now need updating. The furniture and fittings were a little worn and dated but perfectly comfortable and generally clean, though, as we were leaving, we spotted a few tiny ants on the work surface of the kitchenette. This was reported to reception as we left.

There was a generous supply of coffee for the coffee machine, a fridge, 2 TVs and microwave but no safe. A rather measly collection of bathroom items, though, we thought. And no towel rail, bizarrely.

The WiFi signal in our corner room was weak and I could not connect, despite a lot of help from the AT&T helpdesk. But we managed to connect with the LAN cable provided.

For us a convenient and comfortable stopover on the way to LAX. We slept very well having eaten well in the grill/restaurant. We missed the manager's evening free drinks and snacks session.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Johnash,

Thank you for your kind comments from your stay with us. Thanks for the nice compliments on the shuttle driver, the drivers really do a great job. We are very happy that you had the chance to experience Grill 305, Chef Craig and his team are always ready to create a great experience. Our beautiful atrium is a wonderful place to sit and just relax. Many of our guest end up falling asleep with the sounds from the water falls.

We look forward to your next visit.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My family of 5 planned to stay here for 8 nights as a family friendly home base for a Southern Florida spring break vacation. After four nights though we'd had enough. Let me start with the positives: Easy access to the hotel from the airport. Excellent complimentary full breakfast buffet, with made to order eggs, omelets, pancakes; fresh fruit and muffins, good coffee, etc.
The managers reception held every day from 5:30-7P or so was a nice perk. The pool setting is well disguised from the neighboring area and airport, although far from relaxing as jumbo jets were passing overhead on takeoff about once every 3 minutes.

Now for the not so good.

The rooms were 'OK', clean but dated. Beds were doubles and not queen sized as we'd expected, and the pillows were lumpy and substandard. No luggage stands were provided, so we had to keep all our bags on the floor. Parking was $18 a day, and Internet wifi was another $14/day. The noise from the nearby airport was no issue one day, and horrible the next, I assume from the use of different runways. Worst of all though, while reading my iPad in bed late our last night, I had two very small ant like bugs crawl across my screen. Not bedbugs (thankfully) but enough to push me over the edge and find another hotel. I have traveled very frequently for business and pleasure and find that very unusual for a Hilton property. When I brought it to the attention of the manager, he blamed the beds close proximity to the balcony slider, which we'd never opened, as we were on the 8th floor and have small kids. Long story short he (eventually) agreed to allow us to check out early with a refund for the unused nights. We were able to find a much better place in Ft Lauderdale area (Residence Inn) for our last four nights that was cleaner, much larger, (two bedrooms and baths) and at a slightly lower cost.

Overall, my rating for the Embassy Suites Miami Airport would have been a 1 or 2 stars at best if not for the excellent breakfast and generous daily managers reception, so if you're not a big breakfast guy, (or a low budget alcoholic), you can definitely do better for a family hotel.

Room Tip: Ask about bed size and pillows before booking, and insist on luggage stands in the room!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear JIMFROMBOSTON,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. We are very sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. We do apologize.

We are happy that you enjoyed the managers reception as well as the breakfast.

We hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit. Despite this disappointing stay, we truly hope you will return to our property in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

The bedrooms were lovey and it lives up to its name - embassy suites actually gave us a suite! One bedroom wth two double beds, but also a separate living/lounge area! The only drawback is that it's about a $30 taxi ride from town, but otherwise it's a great hotel, with comfy beds, good staff and free cocktails between 5-7pm!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed in April 2012 booking through a third party. Although the third party repeatedly confirmed my reservation, Maria at the front desk insisted I did not have a reservation. This went on for well over 2 hours. I called the third party a few times and was told they kept sending the confirmation to Maria, but that she claimed she was not receiving it. This reservation was made well in advance, so they should have been able to verify my reservation days before my arrival. Maria spoke directly with the third party they sold the reservation through who confirmed my reservation, but she still made me wait hours for my room. When we requested to speak to management, she claimed to be the management on duty and refused to let us speak to anyone else. Finally, after my wife made a call to Embassy Suites customer service who confirmed I had an existing reservation and called Maria, I was able to get a room. When she realized she had been caught not doing her job, she became very defensive and requested I speak to the manager so she would not lose her job. Although she obviously is incompetent, I felt uncomfortable and pressured into lying for her. After the fact, I contacted customer service to inform them of this experience and they did nothing to rectify the situation. I will definitely share my experience with anyone traveling to the Miami area or booking through a third party.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here. Front desk staff is totally incompetent.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Clayton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel isn't entirely safe (nor is it in a safe area). After having been robbed, within 30 minutes after check-in, I learned that the hotel's security cameras were only on the first 2 floors (this includes the ground/lobby floor), at the entrance of the elevators and at the entrance and exit doors of the hotel. I had stepped out of our room and while my elderly father was alone, a person posing as a hotel repairman knocked at our door. He was checking the rooms to see if there was hot water. Believing that this man was an employee of the hotel, my father allowed him to enter. The person went into the bedroom area in order to get to the bathroom. He saw my purse and left with it. Embassy Suites (nor Hilton) hotels' management took no responsibility because, according to them, it was my father who allowed the person to enter the room. If you're going to stay at this hotel, be sure to stay on the 2nd floor and don't open your door to anyone even though you may think he or she is an employee. (Anyone can have a name badge aside from the fact that one can also wear a so-called uniform of which you have no idea of it's hotel colors especially when one is busy with the check-in process.)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Wales Uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

After a short wait Ariel picked us up from Miami Airport give out some ice water and soon was at the Embassy.We travelled as a pary of four and had a cruise room special for $233. This included managers reception, and transport to the cruise terminal.There was a nice touch with a red rose on the main bed.Unfortunatley the other bed. appeared different to the official website it was on the 8th floor.I expected a pull out bed but there was little or no space once pulled out. There was inadequte linen even though on the Hilton site I requested extra.There was no milk (cream ) or de-coffee which I speciffically requested.When I contacted George at reception he was made aware about the room and said he would contact housekeeping.On further inspection of the pull out bed the linen was found to be soiled.This time I went to reception and spoke to a supervisor whose name was Maria .Maria took on board my concerns and acted quite proffesionally and asked if I would accept a change of rooms we were moved to a king size room with 2 beds in the main room with plenty of natural light. This was on level 3.The managers reception was good and the trip to the cruise terminal smooth.Although be prepared once you leave the shuttle there are many"helpers" offering to take your luggage
to your room ,they ask for a tip upfront $5.Then proceed to move the luggage approx 50yds.Welcome to Miami.

Room Tip: Try for level 3 these appeared better quailty,give level 8 a miss if more than 2 of you
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Embassy Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!