“Good hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest le Jeune Rd, 1000 NW (42nd Ave), Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Price
15% off the rates below
Ranked #26 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Everything was quite good with the exception of the fire alarm testing which ran for over two hours. This however was not the fault of the hotel and it is a state requirement. I would visit again :) :)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JoseMiguelBPool, Director of Operations at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments. I am happy you had a positive experience with us! I am sorry about the alarm test, it is a state requirement as you mentioned. Please feel free to come back when you wish, it would be a pleasure having you with us again!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed one night in order to catch an early flight the next morning. We utilized the hotel's 24-hour airport shuttle both for arrival and departure. It runs 24 hours/day and departs the hotel on the half-hour. The shuttle drivers and hotel staff were very friendly. Although the hotel's appearance is dated, the lobby area and our room were clean and our bedding was comfortable. On the shuttle driver's recommendation we ate at the adjacent Catch of the Day seafood restaurant and had a tasty meal. This is a great place to stay for one night between flights.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
JoseMiguelBPool, Director of Operations at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 3 days ago
It has been a real pleasure having you with us recently! Thanks a lot for taking time to leave these wonderful comments. Please come back when you are back in our wonderful city!

Osterley Middx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here overnight before heading up the next day to Vero Beach. Knowing nothing of hotels in Miami I chose it for the simple reason that the shuttle bus up the coast (or to Orlando etc.) picks up from this hotel's parking lot.
Arriving at Miami can be a bit fraught if you don't know the ropes. This hotel, like many others, has a free shuttle bus. The signs to the hotel shuttle buses within the airport are easy to see and take you to level 3 where you stand outside. YOU DON'T NEED TO CALL THE HOTEL. You just wait for your bus to come and hope it's not just left, but this hotel is near to the airport so it doesn't matter too much if it has. Also, it doesn't seem to matter where you stand along the very long frontage; just wait for your minibus (Regency has a good big sign on the front) which will be cruising slowly past, and flag the driver down. One word of warning; if you are using 'Supershuttle' which is a company employed by some organisations (e.g. American Airlines) it is not on this level but you need to go down and then walk along to find one of their blue booths. They will then ring for a bus!
The hotel was fine for overnight but I was a bit disappointed that the man on the front desk wouldn't phone my bus company for me the next day but just pointed me to the public phone. The kind man on the stand nearby helped me out and showed me what to do. (area codes etc.)
We didn't eat here but went to the seafood joint next door. I know I'm a retiring Brit but we found the seafood place VERY noisy but quite fun I suppose if you're in the mood.
The parking lot is indeed the pick up-point for the Florida Shuttle so that went well although it might have gone even better if they had some sort of identification on their vehicle.
Comfortable enough hotel which I imagine is used as an overnighter by most people.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at our property. I am glad your experience was quite positive. I appreciate your comments and suggestions, I find them very helpful, I have read and understood them perfectly and can assure you that we will look into them. Please feel free to come back when you wish!

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here overnight to catch a cruise the next morning. The free shuttle bus to the hotel was a good feature, but I think we just missed one bus then waited more than 30 minutes for the next. We were able to catch a tasty, late dinner at the hotel; there aren't many other dining options nearby. Our room was clean and quiet--pretty much all we wanted for the night/price. The return shuttle to MIA was punctual as they depart on the hour and half hour from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am happy that your stay was great! Thanks a lot for leaving this comments which are very helpful and important to our team. It was a real pleasure having you with us. Please feel free to come back when you wish!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Driving back to Miami on a Sunday night to catch an early flight Monday morning, I was about to stay at the Miami Airport Hotel directly in the airport UNTIL I read the pretty brutal reviews---and---ironically I was reading the reviews while parked in a Chevron Station filling up my rental car---which happened to be just ACROSS the street from the Regency Hotel---and the reviews were generally stellar, complimenting the front desk staff, etc. So I bailed on the Miami Airport Hotel and decided to check out the Regency Hotel.

So----I pulled in and went to the front desk, and they gave me a price that was excellent---. The front desk men couldn't have been nicer. My rooms is nicely furnished, and the hotel had all new carpets and plentiful parking at no extra charge and complimentary internet. Can't complain about anything.

But better yet, I had gotten to the hotel around dinner time and directly NEXT DOOR there is a WONDERFUL seafood restaurant called "Catch of the Day" (1050 NW Le Jeune Road) that looked appealing from the outside.. I sat myself down at the bar there and had a wonderful dinner that was just as good as meals I'd been having on the road all week. Fresh seafood, great environment, plus TV in the bar to watch some sports.

Heading back to the hotel, I finished off with a glass of wine at the hotel bar, which was open until midnight.

If I was heading back to Miami again and needed a hotel for the night, I'd absolutely stay here. Good value, great restaurant next door (they too have a restaurant in the hotel--I just didn't try it) and so close to the airport. Win-win.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Thanks a lot for these wonderful review. I will make sure our team members know about it. I am happy your stay was pleasant. I am also grateful you took the time to share it with us! Please feel free to come back when you wish!

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

DO NOT STAY HERE! Waited over an hour for shuttle, called 3 times and was told each it was on the way and it ran every half hour. Next we had the stay and drive package reserved, the web site says "*Car insurance may be purchased for an additional charge at check-in." wrong they insist on $38.00 insurance charge or you must show proof of insurance to have this insurance waived. From MA have comprehensive insurance never take the additional car rental insurance. Plus credit card also covers us. No doing, and they played not understanding us as they spoke little English. Finally got shift manager to lower cost for room for no car. Lots of hotels in the area, saw the crown plaza van 3 times before we finally the regency showed up, wish we knew it was right next door. Hotel is dated, one of 2 elevator says out of service, room was small and ac noisy.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
I am deeply sorry about your experience at our property. I appreciate the comments and suggestions. However, it is a policy from our Car Rental ( as well as most of them) to provide proof of insurance, otherwise we need to charge you for it. About the shuttle, I apologize for the inconvenience, it is always recommended to make sure you are in the right place. However I am extremely sorry that you had to wait so long. Once again I am terribly sorry about all this. Please feel free to contact me so we can talk more about your experience.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Regency Hotel has some good features. It had some great employees- the woman at the bar and the hard working guy delivering luggage and on the shuttle deserve kuddos. This is a mixed hotel. The atrium is lovely and the room was big. It is clearly in the midst of redeveloping itself. The bed was tilted and the horrible florescent lights were bright and bad. But the pool was nice, and the bar snacks were good. People seemed to care.

I think this hotel is fine- it could be really good, or it could go downhill, but it is pretty good. The air conditioner and fan woke me up at night, but the room was quiet despite the fact that it was booked solid and there were kids in the hall who were inaudible in the room. I'd stay here again. It isn't particularly fancy, but it is totally fine.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
It has been a pleasure having you with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us these comments and suggestions, we understand your point and will definitely look into it. I will personally let my team members know about this good review. Please feel free to come back when you wish.

Director of Operations

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!