“Nice facility close to airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Save Saved
You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest Lejeune Rd, 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Car and Room Package
Ranked #42 of 129 hotels in Miami
Hudson, Illinois, United States
“Nice facility close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was a nice facility, and seemed clean and comfortable, although it looked a little tired. Staff were friendly and helpful. On-site dining is limited, and was not available when we arrived mid-afternoon. Price was decent for the area. Our package included a voucher for breakfast, which was a cut above the ordinary complimentary breakfast offered by mid-range chain hotels. There was some noise from the neighborhood behind the hotel, which appeared to be multiple apartment complexes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I buy this hotel because I trust in the pictures that I see, but to be honest this is not a 100.00 hotel in this time of the year.

the rooms are olds, the lamps do not work and the bathroom are not something in good conditions, we was in the room 430 for one night and to be honest will not come back over there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I spent a couple of days in The Regency and during our stay we enjoyed the excelent service of the entire crew. Our room had everything we need, was very confortable. The lobby was one of our favorite thing, the double high sealing, the friendly environment, the pool look very nice but we didn´t have the time to use it, shame. The Shuttle service perfect, the convenience of being near to the airport have no price, and my wife loved the breakfast at Prieto´s. I recomend it 100 %.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I got there after a last minute flight cancellation. Even if the facilities are acceptable for a tight budget, the cuisine was way beyond what I expected.

I ordered a hamburger (just to feel I was in the USA) and was pleasantly surprised by a "gourmet hamburger" that I would expect at a fancy restaurant (and that I would be willing to pay for above average).

Also, the ingredientes with which they cook seem to be carefully selected, and it seems like the preparation process takes a lot of consideration and dedication.

As for human resources, all the employees were very nice, even if they seemed over-worked.

Another very important thing is the airport shuttle: on time, and with a high frecuency.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, we were stranded in Miami on the first day of our honeymoon by our airline who were the most inconsiderate and uncaring people. Once we finally were able to leave the Miami international airport (after being there more than 5 1/2 hours wth no more compassion shown to us than a bug on their windshield) we came to the Regency. They opened their arms to us and they were the first people to make us feel special in any way. Miguel, the manager on duty, after hearing our story said to us "absolutely not, you are here now, this is the first night of your honeymoon, let's get you a drink!" He lead us to Leandro, one of the most caring individuals I have ever encountered! Leandro made sure we had our favorite drink to sip on, and we had a chance to finally eat something as well. Also, Alejandro made sure that we had a beautiful room to rest in while we sit here in Miami waiting for American Airlines to finally get us to St. Lucia, which may not happen for another 2 days!! Thank you Regency for taking us in, and saving our honeymoon. You have given us the hope that there are still wonderful people in this world who want to celebrate the joy of young love and marriage! Thank you Miguel, Leandro, Alejandro, and all the staff here at Regency!!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great for the price. Service was excellent. Did not have a chance to jump in the pool, but it looked very nice. I stayed two nights after a cruise and it was wonderful. They offer 24 hour shuttle service to the airport. There are restaurants and a movie theater really close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Good food and a movie theater two blocks away.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
St John's, Antigua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent only one night here (layover between Antigua and LAX) but was impressed with the whole place: clean, large room, good wifi connection, everything one wanted. Oh, no, not quite. The shuttle at the airport didn't come for the half hour I waited. I enquired of another hotel's shuttle, and the driver replied "Here, hop in, they are next door to us!" which was nice of him. And when I was leaving, next morning, the Regency shuttle was all locked up and appeared to be there, parked forever. i sneaked a ride with the Marriott bus, which was not far away. Apart from that the Regency is a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Kombi,

Thank you so much for the thumbs up review despite falling short on the shuttle experience. I would be very very very interested to know at what points the shuttle didn't make it to pick you up. We have a transponder (like an EZ pass/Sunpass) for shuttles going to the airport and I would like to immediately investigate. Would you mind connecting with me at the hotel? It would mean alot to me and our staff as we reach to satisfy every guest. The shuttle is a keystone service for our market and we don't take a negative shuttle experience lightly! Next time you visit, I'll have someone pick you up in one of our brand new Volvo rental cars!

Please call me at 305-441-1600 and ask for Sam Trotter

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!