“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest Lejeune Rd, 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Price
20% off through Dec 25!
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Miami
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I ended up being given an airline voucher for this hotel - I would normally have stayed in the Miami Airport hotel itself for such a short stay, but this is what they gave me. I'm almost positive I stayed here many years ago - but it looks much better than I remember.

Check in was very quick and pleasant thanks to Kathy - better than many nicer hotels that I've stayed in, room was clean and comfortable, and most importantly quiet.

Very close to the airport and lots of amenities near by. While it wasn't my choice, the service made up for any short comings - I would stay here again with no issue. I can't comment on value as I have no idea the rate being paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My flight was overbooked and American Airlines put me up for the night at the Regency. I had the most positive experience staying there. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. I headed downstairs for a swim in the pool and was greeted by the friendliest bartender, Digsan, who made my stay there very pleasant. He brought drinks out to the pool and later provided an excellent recommendation for dinner and as well as excellent servicem for the remainder of the night. I was very pleased with my stay in large part due to the great attention I received from the staff there, especially Digsan. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Alex,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Regency Hotel Miami. Your experience is exactly what we are striving for and working to perfect on a daily basis. I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel under better circumstances sometime in the future! If you sign up for our newsletter on our website you can see all of the best events Miami has to offer and return back for the Food and Wine Festival or maybe a Miami Heat game is more of your style?

Please know that management will personally thank Digsan for his excellent service he provided you. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Warm regards,
Sam Trotter
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very nice hotel excellent location the service at the restaurant was great Jael was our waitress he was very friendly ,we had the best mojito at the bar with Digson ,the room was not good but the guy at the front desk was very helpfully hes name is Jose we have very nice experience even do we think that the rooms need some up grade

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had 19 people staying there recently and was awesome! The Shuttle picked us up at the airport right away, Thomas was our driver, he was wonderful! The hotel staff was wonderful and made sure we had everything we needed. We all had the "club rooms" and they were very nice and clean. The bar was great and we spent 2 nights at the bar having a great time and the drinks were made very well and our bartender "DIGSAN" was wonderful with our big group! The breakfast buffet that was included was incredible! The quality of the food and the staff was very impressive! At the desk they always had water with lemon/lime and was always nice to stop by to have when we were going in and out of the hotel, was very refreshing! Over all we were extremely impressed with this hotel!

Room Tip: Pick the Club room, came with breakfast and a drink/appetizer at the bar!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Rengency Hotel and spoke with Jose Miguel operations manager. One of the nicest people I know. He went over and beyond for my stay at the Regency. I also Had a chance to Meet Leoandro (Bartender). He made my experience at the Bar excellent. Very nice and ended up talking with him for about 2 hours. This hotel Rocks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was on my way to Trinidad & Tobago when my flight got cancelled. The Airline referred me to the Regency Hotel for an overnight stay. While the hotel might not be located in the most vivid part of Miami, it is indeed located at a very convenient spot. With no energy left to explore, I decided to just stay at the hotel and hang out at the bar.

The bartender, Digsan, was very nice and welcoming, not to mention he prepared mojitos to die for! Without noticing it spent the rest of the night in a nice and safe environment and chatting with other fellow travelers who were referred by the Airline as well and were looking to relax a little.

I have to say the Regency Hotel was a nice surprise and its Staff is quite friendly and helpful. I got a wake up call and took the shuttle back to the airport. No stress! Definitely a place I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at Regency Hotel for one night. I lost my flight and AA gave me some coupons for food and paid for my room. After waiting 8 hours at the airport, I finally got to the hotel and had a real meal. Churrasco and Chorizo, just one word: delicious!!!!!! Sheyla and Sara (the waitresses) were very friendly to me, great service!!!! I met Federico at the front desk, he was nice to me and showed me how to get to Kmart (there is one really close to the hotel) The room was very clean and comfortable beds. They also have a bus that takes you to the airport every 30 minutes, great location, about 5 minutes from the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!