“Good airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest Lejeune Rd, 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Price
20% off through Dec 25!
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Naples, Florida
“Good airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while attending the Rum Festival and then flying south. The staff was very friendly, especially Ethan, and the GM.the room was very clean and well equipped with a refrig. Breakfast options were somewhat limited as they do process a lot of people in the am, but reasonable. We especially liked that we could leave our car there while traveling for free. We will stay with them again!

Room Tip: Fifth floor rooms had a private lounge area
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Coral Gables, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I moved to Miami in late March and landed in a terrible furnished rental apartment. Three days later I combed the internet for a hotel and found the Regency which has a good convenient location, provides the basics when you have four suitcases and require a safe and a refrigerator so you don't have to eat every meal in a restaurant. It's comfortable and clean, not the newest but has patina and style. Most of all it has some very friendly and helpful people in the restaurant, notably Jael, Sara, and Reinaldo. There are others too but I didn't catch their names. Should add that I spent 5 weeks at the Regency, left for a one-week trip to Washington DC, and will return to the Regency for another ten days or two weeks. That's walking the talk!

Room Tip: Worth going to Club floors 5 and 6 which is the top.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was last week in Miami and this Hotel was good for price and service .The restaurant service was great very friendly staff ,the server Ernesto gave a wonderful service ,breakfast is good and I want to said thank to Diego Comesana for the help and advice about place to visit ...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I think an experienced traveler would rate the decor and conditions as Good, but the staff was wonderful and I rate them Excellent. After the many recent airline snafus, helpful and sympathetic staff rate as a high priority with me. I am eternally grateful for their help. We stayed here due to an airline cancellation, and I was accompanying my 83 year old mother who is unable to move herself. The desk staff, Thomas, arranged for a wheelchair, did some heavy lifting, arranged an early breakfast for us, found a sympathetic taxi driver for the return to the airport. The restaurant staff were also helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Richland, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Overall rooms are clean and comfortable but that was outweighed by a poor front desk staff that gave wrong directions and made repeated errors in our reservation. Gave us a king instead of queen and we had to prove that our reservation included breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

i had spent one night in this hotel before joining my cruise the following day.
Upon arrival there was a super long line at the front desk and there was only one employee who was doing the check in process and the fact that his English was not good made the situation even worse.

Upon check in i was told that my information was not in the system even though the booking was made months in advance prior to my arrival. After a painful 30 minutes wait i finally got my key to my room. Upon entering my room i really liked the way it was layed out and was not bad for the price that was paid, however just for future those cheap fleece blankets that you try and disguise under "Egyptian cotton" linen is tacky and you should get rid of it as it does not belong in a 4 star establishment.

Then after having lunch, which was not too bad it was followed by an awful dinner experience.
It was a buffet styled dinner with not much variety. Some dry pasta and rice, chicken and veggies were on offer and one had to pay almost $20.00 for food of such poor quality.

Then to finish my review off, i was astonished on how poor the service was in general 99% of all the staff couldn’t speak English properly and everything you wanted or needed had to be repeated several times , no attention to detail and absolutely shocking and i would never ever recommend anyone to stay at this establishment , i personally think a cardboard box with a blanket and pillow outside a gas station would fulfill your service requirements better than this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I read your review and although difficult to read we appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your experience. We use all feedback as tool to educate our team whether it is positive or critical. We are addressing all of the issues you identified but I believe that I could still benefit from speaking to you directly. It would also give me a chance to apologize directly and give you an update on all of the improvements we have or are making. For example, we are looking for a go to menu during distressed passenger surges outside of offering the buffet like we did that evening. In the meantime, I am glad that you were happy with your lunch. If your travels bring you back to Miami, I would like to personally take care of your stay and to show you that we are committed to guest service.

Thank you again for the feedback and travel safe.
Wahoo, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Wife and I spent our last night in Miami here, and would not return. The website said they had complimentary drinks and Hors D'oeuvres in the Regency Club on the 6th floor, where we stayed. NOT! We had to ask at the front desk, and they pointed us to the bar. After inquiring about the free drinks, we were given a little card for 2 free drinks that we had to turn in at the bar. There were NO Hors D'oeuvres. Also there were supposed to be robes in our room, but again, NOT! On the plus side, we DID get the free buffet breakfast, and the servers were very friendly and attentive. Our two servers in the morning were Digsan and Sara. Digsan was also our bartender the night before, and is a very nice guy.

Room Tip: Being right under the flight path at MIA, you would think they would add a little sound deadening ma...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike,
Thanks so much for your review. As a result we have fixed the incorrect verbiage stated on our website about a happy hour in the private lounge. You can find the updated text here: http://www.regencyhotelmiami.com/guestrooms-and-suites.php

Although we do not have the happy hour upstairs anymore we still offer guests on the sixth floor a welcome drink as part of their stay along with a bathrobe. You should have had that in your room and I have notified housekeeping of this mistake. I am looking for where you read there would be complimentary hors d'oeuvres and have been unable to find that in our marketing. I have asked our OTA liaison to double check the verbiage there as well. I would like to hear from you if possible where it was you read this. My name is Sam and you can reach by asking for me when you contact the hotel.

We are spending a considerable amount of money to reduce the noise and received the permit today to install "sound proof" double insulated glass doors.

Mike, I would love to have you back because I know that we could really make your stay enjoyable. Please let me know the next time you are in town and I will handle your reservation personally.
Sam

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!