“Not bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest Lejeune Rd, 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off through Dec 25!
Ranked #37 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Beirut, Lebanon
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have nothing negative to say about the hotel: hotel was clean, lobby was great, staff super friendly and great services. I remember the hallway looking a little outdated but the rooms were quite nice. The beds are one of the best beds I ever tried in a hotel. You get the best sleep after a long travel. One warning though, the plane's noise is a bit bothering.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Regency Hotel on two separate nights on layover to Belize. I booked this hotel knowing that some of the reviews were not very positive. One of the reasons I ignored the reviews was because of the pictures on their website. The Regency appeared to have a decor authentic to Miami and I liked the fact that it was close to the airport. So, I ignored the negative comments and made my reservations. I ultimately regreted that decision. The first night we stayed at the Regency was Friday, February 22nd and it was a big disappointment. As mentioned in other reviews, the best part about this hotel is its lobby. Our room, on the other hand, was not quite as nice. It looked exactly like the pictures on the website, but it was very worn and outdated, especially the bathroom. Our room also faced the restaurant across the alley and the music from the band blared until closing time. However, we did eat at this restaurant earlier in the evening and the food there was excellent! The one thing we liked about our room was the fact that we could go out on the balcony and get some fresh air. My husband and I seriously considered cancelling our room reservation for our layover back, but decided not to go through the trouble. On our return stay at the Regency on March 2nd, our room was on the other side of the hotel and was much quieter and less weathered looking. All in all, this hotel is "okay" if you are catching a flight in or out the next day. The shuttle to the airport is free and runs every 30 mins. Although we waited awhile at the airport for the shuttle to come, it was very easy to flag down and it only took a few minutes to get to the hotel. If I would have booked this hotel for a week long vacation, I would have been very disappointed. The pictures on the website make it look a lot nicer than it really is. In my opinion, this hotel is overpriced for the quality of the rooms. I don't think I would return to the Regency Hotel again. I will also be sure to take the opinions from the reviews much more seriously in the future. The biggest plus for this hotel is its close proximity to the airport.

Room Tip: Request a room looking out towards the pool because it will be quieter than a room facing out toward...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Ndcherman,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the location, the ease of use of our shuttle service and our lobby. Did you know we also offer shuttle service directly to the port of Miami?

We use feedback both positive and negative to make changes to the hotel. We are addressing all of the issues you identified but I believe that I could still benefit from speaking to you directly. It would also give me a chance to apologize directly and give you an update on all of the improvements we have or are making.

Thank you again for the feedback and I wish you safe travels.
Sosua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had great lunch .....although didn't stay , I could tell that they pride themself, specially the front desk (Miguel), which was very helpful and polite enough to direct me to the restaurant.too close to airport though, but it was worth it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Mr. Sosua, Thanks for your great comments.
We appreciate you taking the time to let us and the comunity of travelers know how happy you are with The Regency Hotel and our service. Please let me know the next time you stay so I can again help you out and say thank you for choosing us.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was there last month and the front desk people were amazing with me and my family. Is a very nice area and good services for the price. I didn't use the spa or any restaurant in side the Hotel, but there's plaint of places to go around there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Robertsoto,

As a boutique hotel we strive to create a home away from home for our guests and I am glad you found one while you are in Miami. We appreciate you taking the time to let folks know how happy you are with The Regency Hotel and our service. Please ask for me the next time you stay so I can say thank you again but this time in person.

Sam Trotter
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had a wonderful time in this hotel!!!! rooms was very clean, the customer service was great, the front desk was pleasant, the manager was there and was very helpful with all our needs and special request for my child... I stay for 3 nights and the restaurant, the bell man, the room service was very nice. I really had a great time. Thanks! hope to stay longer next time.

Room Tip: pool view!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was in the Miami area looking for a place for a one night stay before heading into the Keys. I found this hotel on Kayak and the photos looked decent and the price was $160. I booked the room and had a bad feeling from the moment I stepped beyond the lobby area. The staff spoke very little English and was actually a bit rude I believe mainly because of the lack of understanding my basic questions. The hallways smelled like old musty motel. Once I stepped into the room I immediately noticed the light fixture was half hanging out of the ceiling. The toilet in the room would not flush so I called the front desk asking to be moved to another room. They said they would send maintenance instead. About 15 minutes later an older gentlemen that couldn't speak a word of English showed up at my door with plumbing tools. He snaked the toilet which worked but left left a mess of water which he did not clean up. I cleaned it myself still feeling weary about the cleanliness of the room I decided I just needed to relax by the pool.

The pool looked dirty and when I went to sit in one of the only 6 poolside loungers the plastic was all busted so the only thing you could do was lay flat. For some reason that was the final straw for me. It was something simple but after all of the other issues in my first 30 minutes of being on the property I decided to ask for a refund. The one thing that at least as of now seemed smooth was getting a refund on my card and getting out of the place.

Another thing that you notice as soon as you enter the room is the noise from the airport. In the 20 minutes I was in the room I heard multiple planes overhead that seemed very loud. I am not sure if I would have even been able to sleep.

I found Sofitel 2 miles away for the same price and have been very happy with my decision to move. I would honestly say the Sofitel room in my opinion is worth more than the price I paid. The Sofitel is also located close to the airport but I have barely noticed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Broc C,

I read your review and although difficult to read we appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your experience. We use all feedback as tool to educate our team whether it is positive or critical. We are addressing all of the issues you identified but I believe that I could still benefit from speaking to you directly. It would also give me a chance to apologize directly and give you an update on all of the improvements we have or are making. For example, we have already purchased new doors which will be installed in the coming weeks to reduce sound and are anxiously awaiting its arrival. In the meantime, I happy to hear that the front desk demonstrated to you our commitment to guest satisfaction. If your travels bring you back to Miami, I would like to personally take care of your stay and to show you the new Regency.
Sam Trotter
Quispamsis, NewBrunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived at noon and we checked in early great shower, close to a nice restaurant seafood. The bar is nicely located next to the pool and the bar staff ( Ferdinadez ?) was great. I rented a car for the day and went to Key West great service. 2013 Honda . Great start to our cruise shuttle service pick up at the airport and delivery to the Miami port. Can't please every traveller , but we were pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!