“Outdated...Not worth the money!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Save Saved
You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest Lejeune Rd, 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Car and Room Package
Ranked #38 of 130 hotels in Miami
Sarasota, Florida
“Outdated...Not worth the money!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

For paying almost $400 for a two night stay, this place was definitely overpriced! I was honestly nervous about walking into this hotel because the exterior looked so run down. I thought my hopes were reassured when I walked into the newly renovated lobby, but they were shot down again when I saw my room. The lobby is the only nice thing about this hotel.
My room was really outdated, and the bathroom looked gross. The whole hotel smells strongly like a bar of soap, which I guess is better than other things but it was very potent. The carpeting was old, the décor was old, and the bathroom needs to be remodeled. The walls are not very soundproof…We could hear noises from other rooms and the hallway. There is a bar next door that plays loud music until late that kept us up.
On our second day staying there, we went all the way up to our room on the 4th floor only to have our room key not work. When we went to the front desk to get it fixed, the staff just re-swiped it without apologizing for the inconvenience. The quality of the room was that of a MOTEL…. I will NOT be staying here again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed the lobby and the location but we are concerned about your negative experience at the hotel. Please note that we continue to make upgrades and improvements and the feedback from guests help to direct where we place our resources. Thanks to this feedback, planning is in its finally stage for a major rooms upgrade .

I am distressed that you had a negative experience with one of my staff members, at The Regency Hotel we place emphasis on guest service. I would like to investigate your experience further and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, please contact me so we can be sure to update you on all of our improvements and invite you back with an effort of showing you that we are truly committed to providing excellent guest service. Thanks again.

482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tegucigalpa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is not as bad as some make it out to be, but one comment below that really resonates with me is the "I've had better experiences at 2-star hotels" post. I think overall it's OK at the Regency. The lobby is the best and worst thing about this location at the same time. It has an interesting decor which is a good first impression. But that sets the wrong impression. The rooms are just OK. A bit dated despite the nice plasma TV, but one bed was ridiculously soft. Thank goodness I was alone in my room and could choose the better one. Bathroom was good enough, water was hot, I had enough towels which were clean.

My main beef here was the internet service. It was quite poor. I called front desk one night because I was so frustrated (I was traveling on business and couldn't Skype with my family because of the bad connection). I was told that I was using the wrong wireless connection that I should come down from the 3rd floor to the lobby, that there was nothing they could do. Disappointing.

As for the restaurant, wasn't bad but too expensive. May as well go to the nearby IHOP or Latin Cafe for something better with more quantity and a little more affordable.

Apart from that it was enough for my needs. Won't be my first choice for next time in Miami but if it's my only reasonable option I won't fuss too much about it. Because of the internet probably wouldn't choose to come back here for business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mapleton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We called for transport from the airport and were told the van just left, it should be there in 5 minutes, then we waited. Later, we called again and were told they just left, so we waited. 5 minutes was closer to an hour which we did not appreciate at 1 am. The next morning, my daughter went for our free continental breakfast included as a special offer with our booking and was denied. I went to the front desk with a copy of my confirmation and we had to wait while the clerk went behind closed doors. She came out to say we had to wait, then disappeared again. After waiting for at least 30 minutes, we were finally allowed to have the continental breakfast. The front desk clerk said it was not their fault. They should have honored our booking and haggled with Orbitz on their time. The free breakfast offering was not impressive and certainly not worth the hassle for the price we paid for the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cape coral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Two weeks ago I was in this hotel, overall I felt good, the hotel's location can not be better,I would like to mention the atention I received at all times was fantastic, The room was clean but not modern,Mr. Luis who works in the lobby, helped me with my luggage he was very friendly,at night I would eat at the restaurant catch of the day, but I went to the restaurant Prieto first to view the menu,Mr. Ernesto promised me that would be delicious dinner at the hotel and I ate the best pasta I remember (Sorrentina Pasta) my compliments to Mr. Ernesto for having made ​​me feel great. I recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My family and I, stayed in the Hotel during the first week of January. Good location, and close to many landmark place in Miami, specifically to many shopping malls. Was a very nice experience. room price was OK, according with the service offered, very cleaning and housekeeping service was good. Breakfast buffet was nice, and the guys that works in the restaurant (Diego, Ester, Antonio, David & Norma) was very kind and pleasant. People that work in the reception was very kindly too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alva, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here for my Miami ING Marathon because its was cost effective and listed as one of the closest hotels to my destination. The place is nice however, there was music blaring outside of my window until 2:00 am and I had to wake up for a race at 4 a.m.. After my complaint all they took off was $20 from my bill and the funny thing I was told a customer before just complained about the same thing. Poor customer satisfaction!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at the Regency Hotel on the night of Wednesday, January 16, 2013. I had used frequent flier points to pay for our lodging or I would have changed hotels. The lobby looked nice but the rooms were filthy. Carpets were so dirty they were fraying and matted down. Upon arrival our room was hot and the air conditioner was not on, nor was the refrigerator. The room smelled old and every corner was caked in old dirt. The furniture had dark sticky stains at the bases. The bed had only a sheet with a very old blanket on the shelf in the closet. The grout in the bathroom was cracked and moldy. I wore shoes the entire time I was in our room. Our flight left early the next morning and the shuttle worked out well for our travel needs but I would never stay in this property again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Jen B,
First let me apologize for the delay in our response. I read your review and although difficult to read we appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your experience. We use all feedback as tool to educate our team whether it is positive or critical. We have addressed or we are addressing all of the issues you identified but I believe that I could still benefit from speaking to you directly. It would also give me a chance to apologize directly and give you an update on all of the improvements we have made or are making.
Thank you again for the feedback and travel safe.

-Sam

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!