“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Save Saved
You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest Lejeune Rd, 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Car and Room Package
Ranked #38 of 130 hotels in Miami
dn
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Awesome Experience At The Regency!
Me and my family stayed at The Regency Hotel Miami for several days on the 12 of Dec. And we have been there like two years prior, we were amazed by how improve they are in customer service and amenities, the van drivers and very nice and the front desk agents were outstanding, in some point we have some questions and they even call their Manager Jose Miguel to help us, he was great, polite and profesional, that's explain why the rest of the personal is so nice.The rooms are clean & the giftshop is so cute, we are comming back for sure!

• Stayed December 2012

474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed here the night before our cruise. Although the hotel was beautifully decorated on the inside, we were not very impressed with the service. No one was rude to us, but no one was overly cordial, either. When we approached the desk, we sort of felt like we were bothering the clerks. They answered our questions, but then spoke to nearby coworkers in Spanish. We obviously didn't speak Spanish, so it made for an uncomfortable situation given the rather unfriendly expression and demeanor they had when speaking to us at the same time. This could've been a misunderstanding on our part, of course, but still---we just didn't feel the warmth and welcoming atmosphere that we've come to expect with most higher end hotels.

The rooms were clean and comparable to other 3+ star hotels. There is a free airport shuttle, but a fee for shuttle to the port of Miami and for the breakfast.

Overall, we would stay here again,but this would not be our first choice if we came back to Miami.

• Stayed December 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Were put here in an unplanned layover with American Airlines due to flight problems. Can't imagine anyone staying here and having to pay for it. Very dated, rooms marginally clean, pretty industrial neighborhood (very close to the airport). Absolutely ridiculous prices for totally average food in restaurant : clearly designed with airline vouchers in mind. Again, thank god we didn't have to pay for things.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We celebrated our son’s Bar Mitzvah with a party at the hotel. A Bar Mitzvah celebration happens once in a lifetime so it has to be prefect. Being my wife a former Chef and me working in the industry, we are very demanding and we were looking at several options. Le Club at Airport Regency Hotel was an Excellent choice. The party was fantastic, the kids had lots of fun and the adults enjoyed very much. The food was excellent and quality and quantity was as promised. Timing for foods, breaks, dance was perfect. We really want to specially thank the F&B Director Mr. Diego Comesana for his professionalism and more, he really went the extra mile to take care of every little detail, not just the food and the service but the lights and music. The staff was really good and friendly. We highly recommend this place. Lots of our guests praised the place and the food and a couple of them even asked me about it, so you may hear from them direct regarding other events they may be putting on themselves
Yanet & Daniel

Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My name is James Ventrillo and I am the president of ReadersFavorite.com. My business partner Debra Gaynor and I recently had our annual book awards ceremony at the Regency Hotel Miami and brought in nearly 250 guests who came from as far as away as Australia, the UK and Switzerland. We spent a week at the hotel and I heard from many of our authors about their experiences with the hotel so I can tell you a lot about what to expect.

The hotel is older, but very well renovated and maintained. In fact, the common areas are downright pretty. The rooms were very nice, very clean and had many special touches that really made you feel like the staff cared. The have a small group of employees and it really gives you a family feel. After a few days I felt like I knew everyone.

Yes you are 2 miles from the airport, so the neighborhood was not exactly Beverly Hills, but it was common for a city environment with many places to eat and enjoy night life, there is even a movie theater just down the block.

We ate in the hotel restaurant for most of our meals and we became fast friends with the friendly waitresses, Jeal and Ester, and waiters Antonio and David. Restaurant supervisors Ernesto and Norma were always around making sure everything was running smoothly and always had a smile on their face. This smaller hotel feel was very nice, and if I ever needed anything I could just ask anyone and they smiled and helped, or got the right person to help me. It was very comfortable.

Our event was organized by Brenda and Orly, who were there whenever we needed them, answered all our questions and fixed all our problems, and overall just made us feel at home. When Orly showed us around the hotel and described all the little touches and improvements you could really tell she took pride in the hotel.

Diego Comesana was brilliant. He was our go-to person for our event. He is a friendly, intelligent, jack of all trades. Whatever it was we needed, he made it happen. He even joked that he could make the impossible possible. Well considering this was our first time at this hotel, with an event that lasted 5 hours with nearly 250 people, Diego truly made the impossible possible by being there every second and making it possible for me and my partner to actually relax and enjoy our event.

I guess the most compelling thing I can tell you is that after our experience, and hearing the comments from our staff and dozens of our authors and their families who all stayed at the hotel, I can tell you that we will be returning next year with another 250 guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Despite recent updates, the hotel looks and feels old. The neighborhood looked questionable. As other travelers mentioned, there was no bedspread or comforter--only a sheet, outlets were very limited, the water pressure in the shower was bad, and the water was not hot. The bathroom has very little counter space. Our balcony overlooked the freeway and had no furniture. Our refrigerator leaked. There was an extremely loud humming noise. There was a lot of noise from traffic outside, including a vehicle that made backup beeping on a regular basis late into the night. The restaurant next door had live music that was extremely loud until 1 a.m. When my husband politely asked the front desk staff when we could expect the music to stop, he was treated rudely. I will not be recommending this hotel to my friends and family who travel to Miami.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

My name is Allan, and I stayed at the regency hotel on the18 Of this month what was supposed to be for one night came up to five nights all because the way I was treated,Rose was great she took great care of me, and made me changed my mind about living the hotel to go stay in south beach, the breakfast was great I enjoyed every bit of itthe restaurant up front was also great I paid less and enjoyed more I'm a traveler and I will be back its my new place to be everytime I'm in miami thanks to rose,it was also nice talking to orly the sales asst... great job and I'll see you soon....

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!