“Nice people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Save Saved
You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest Lejeune Rd, 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Car and Room Package
Ranked #38 of 130 hotels in Miami
“Nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

My name is Allan, and I stayed at the regency hotel on the18 Of this month what was supposed to be for one night came up to five nights all because the way I was treated,Rose was great she took great care of me, and made me changed my mind about living the hotel to go stay in south beach, the breakfast was great I enjoyed every bit of itthe restaurant up front was also great I paid less and enjoyed more I'm a traveler and I will be back its my new place to be everytime I'm in miami thanks to rose,it was also nice talking to orly the sales asst... great job and I'll see you soon....

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Colville, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

There's a sweet hotel near the Miami Airport where they know travelers are the weakest link in the traveling chain and make every effort to help. I was there to receive a gold medal for Lebensborn, a WWII action fiction story, and we authors were welcomed to showcase our books at around the huge front desk and to show and tell in the middle of their glorious lobby. We even sang around the grand piano! The owner, Jose Vazquez, really cares. He doesn't want a staff member to come to work if they aren't happy! Be sure to give Ramon, a driver, and Erith, a former flamingo dancer and now bar keep, and Jose, the owner, big hugs from Bud and Jo Ann, who are B&B hosts and know hospitality when they experience it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed from Thursday 11/15/12 through Sunday 11/18/12. We had a very nice stay and even though we were close to the airport we found the hotel very comfortable and quiet. The location was perfect for our purposes. We stayed here because my wife was receiving an award for her book from "Reader's Favorite." That was a very nice event for us and the hotel contributed significantly to complete our joy. Convenience, cleanliness, great service and reasonable prices are some of the attributes we enjoyed. The multilingual ability of the staff was a nicely added bonus for me and I enjoyed using my native language. Our "camarera," Belkis Ordelinda did a great job keeping our room and her attitude was pleasant and very accommodating. Muchas gracias!

Room Tip: Make sure you verify that the room you asked for is what you get when you check in. We reserved a Ki...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

At first I was worried that our choice in hotels might have been a mistake. Driving in, it appeared to be in a pretty rough area. Then we got to the hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. This is a beautiful hotel. And one of my favorite surprises was the restaurant next door. The Catch of the Day has incredible food and live music in an atmosphere that made my Miami experience.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The hotel presents well, rooms are fine, and the front desk was very helpful but there were many quirks that were annoying and a bit odd. The safes in the room did not work, there was no food to be had in the hotel in the afternoon if the 'upscale' hotel restaurant wasnt open - not even in the bar. My breakfast room service was late. Restaurant had a nice ambiance but very limited menu and one dessert choice and coffee was served with take-out creamers. Strange gift shop with $26.00 soap from Spain and a tiny bottle of sunblock priced at $4.00.

The area is typical airport adjacent and not a walking area with only a couple of reataurants anywhere near. This would be fine for a night's rest but not for the convention group we had. Very far from
anything a tourist would be interested in.

Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been at the hotel for a complete month by my company and everything was great the attention at the front desk, Rose & Jorge and the housekeper Ms Leticia S. made my stay there feels like home, all at his place, in order, clean and the most important thing a nice smile when I get there everyday. The building, the pool, the good location,(near Miami Airport) parking spot free, on time shuttle etc.

The experience was so nice that I decide for my next vacation on Miami with my girlfriend, Booking in the Regency. Highly recomended.

Room Tip: Ask for 6th floor the view to the 836 the Dolphin Expressway. the other side is a little boring. als...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I'm just here for a layover and that is really all this hotel is good for. Staff is friendly, but didnt tell me about any amenities. They gave me key and told me the elevator was down the hall...nothing about the fitness center, wifi, checkout, restaurants, etc. The room is fine for the price and clean. Free wifi is a big plus.

Restaurant was closed on a thursday night, which seems strange. There was no room service menu in the room. i called down to desk to get a menu and to see if they even offer room service and no-one answered. I waited five minutes and called again with no answer.

I also only found one available outlet. There is one on the desk, but they've used that for an alarm clock (there is no available outlet next to the bed or nightstand). The only outlet is behind the tv. This might just be my room configuration...which is standard.

Water pressure is also really weak and takes a while for the water to get hot.

I would not stay here as a business traveler due to the lack of outlets, no room service and noise from outside (windows don't keep the noise out). All this is not that big of a deal if you're in a pinch and have a layover.

Next time, I'll just stay at the Marriott. You know what you're going to get there. I would recommend others do the same.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!