“Great Second Home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Save Saved
You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest Lejeune Rd, 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Car and Room Package
Ranked #39 of 130 hotels in Miami
Willemstad, Curacao
“Great Second Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been at the hotel for a complete month by my company and everything was great the attention at the front desk, Rose & Jorge and the housekeper Ms Leticia S. made my stay there feels like home, all at his place, in order, clean and the most important thing a nice smile when I get there everyday. The building, the pool, the good location,(near Miami Airport) parking spot free, on time shuttle etc.

The experience was so nice that I decide for my next vacation on Miami with my girlfriend, Booking in the Regency. Highly recomended.

Room Tip: Ask for 6th floor the view to the 836 the Dolphin Expressway. the other side is a little boring. als...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I'm just here for a layover and that is really all this hotel is good for. Staff is friendly, but didnt tell me about any amenities. They gave me key and told me the elevator was down the hall...nothing about the fitness center, wifi, checkout, restaurants, etc. The room is fine for the price and clean. Free wifi is a big plus.

Restaurant was closed on a thursday night, which seems strange. There was no room service menu in the room. i called down to desk to get a menu and to see if they even offer room service and no-one answered. I waited five minutes and called again with no answer.

I also only found one available outlet. There is one on the desk, but they've used that for an alarm clock (there is no available outlet next to the bed or nightstand). The only outlet is behind the tv. This might just be my room configuration...which is standard.

Water pressure is also really weak and takes a while for the water to get hot.

I would not stay here as a business traveler due to the lack of outlets, no room service and noise from outside (windows don't keep the noise out). All this is not that big of a deal if you're in a pinch and have a layover.

Next time, I'll just stay at the Marriott. You know what you're going to get there. I would recommend others do the same.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Because of Sandy, we were not able to fly to D.C. and were placed in The Regency for 4 days.
What luck! It is a busy hotel but they have the staff to manage it well. Special thanks go to Rose and Jorge at the front desk. The breakfast buffet is worth the money and we were served ( all 9 of us) very well by Jael, Esther, Rey and David. Ramon Valle took good care of our luggage and helped us with our transportation needs. Many thanks for what proved to be a very pleasant experience.

Bob Maslar

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Willemstad, Curacao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had a great experience with my stay at the Regency Miami, good service, clean room every day especially from Ms.Jady and Ms Ordelinda, they were the ones who make you feel comfortable, at home away from home. Thank you Ms.Jady and Ms Ordelinda very much for the excelent service you have provided while i was there.

Robert Wong

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MIDDLEFIELD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

SExcellent hotel staff couldn.t be more helpful. Esther,Jael and Ray went out of their way to make it a great experience. Escarli brenda and diego made my meeting there go smooth. Not much to look st from outside but beautiful inside. Clean, friendly and professional.

• Stayed October 2012
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I got there with a back and neck pain , after flight , The staff is cordial and very polite , They welcomed me whit smiles and greetings .Getting the key to the room was fast and easy , they explaned everythig to know about service. I asked the consierge iff theres a drugstore near and he explained me the right way to go .On the next morning I woke up whit no back pain i could not belive it stress free and back pain free . loved the mattress and pillows the best I ever had in an hotel . When i was leeving the maid got to me whit my jacket thaht I forgot in the room . I was please to see all the staff whit smile . till today the best experience of my life . It might be at 5 minutes from the airport but you"ll sleep like a baby , and wont ear a thing. Ill be happy to recomand this hotel to everybody .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed for one night at this hotel (Oct 7,2012), and was ok! I stayed there due AA flight delay thought!
The front desk agent at night when I got in, was very professional and friendly, and the room 212 was clean and neat. The wifi internet worked very well, also the free shutlle bus was very convenient for me. Of course I saw some gaps (not that I was looking for it, but I am a very good observer)...First, the driver from the shuttle that picked us up from the airport, was very rude and unprofessional ( not even greated us or reply to us when we greated him). He left us inside the shuttle without opening the doors, not even helpped us to take the luggages from the mini-bus. We had to ask him, if was ok for us to open the trunk for our belongings (again no answer from him). When it happened he was almost inside the hotel already (no manners at all). When I got to the room 212 the facial tissue box was empty (only one sheet on top for decoration).The water pressure in the bathtub is a joke thought! When I went for breakfast I was greated by the server, but as soon as I pay, she and the others co-workers just ignored me and started to chat very loud in Spanish...I needed some coffee and I got it in a dirty cup ( I show to them the lipstick marc and some kind of black oily mark as well, and she just removed my cup, gave to me another one without any kind of appologize or concern about the issue. It is not a big deal, but I expected at least some carisma for the situation. She just naturally turned back and went back for her business with the co-workers . I saw some crew members from INSELAIR, commenting about the disgasting service they were getting in the restaurant. Actually I thought it was happening to me, because I had a $7.00 voucher from American Airlines, which did not covered the bill ( but I added 12 dollars plus tip for my breakfast before I take the seat)... I realize that was too early and there was no manager in. Good opportunity for them to feel free of doing what they feel like doing, or just it may be lack of training. It is a cozy hotel and I wish the management fix those bad issues, first impression counts a lot, especially when they are serving people with different wants and needs and from all over the world. I was very impressed with the housekeeping lady who takes care of the lobby ( I saw her in the main floor close to the elevators), she was very, but very friendly, very natural, also very helpful. She saw my unhappy face, so she did her best to make me feel as a regular guest. My expectations are never for anything fancy (because I am simple person), but I expect some kind of respect and dignity. We are talking about hospitality and people paying for services and products in the USA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you reported. I do hope that you accept our sincere apologies for this short coming.

I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I already open an investigation of the driver that worked on that shift ( please send me the time or name if you remember), also I send a copy of your review to our F&B Manager which I am assured that he will take the necessary action within his department to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future. I can assure you that this incident is an isolated one, and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you did not receive our normally high standards of service. If you wish to contact me, please do not hesitate in call the hotel and ask for myself.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Jose Miguel Batista de Pool
Revenue & Front Office Manager
Regency Hotel Miami
josemiguel@regencyhotelmiami.com

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!