“As always Regency Hotel my second home at US” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest le Jeune Rd, 1000 NW (42nd Ave), Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Price
15% off the rates below
Ranked #26 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Caracas, Venezuela
“As always Regency Hotel my second home at US”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

As an Airport Manager and person dedicated to the customer service area, I must say that this great family always makes me feel at home, for my my tight schedule and time I had to plan my personal trips with a very short notice, so my time to make a reservation is also limited. The reservations team, his front office manager and as always their front desk personnel(previosly by Jorge/Robert and now Jose Carlos) had helped me on all this process, now I'm staying once again but this time with my parents (their first visit to the US) and they are enjoying of a finest customer service experience. Thank you very much Jose Miguel to you and to your team my recognition words for such a great customer service. Keep it up this great job!!

Room Tip: 6th Floor rooms but is for Regency Club customers
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Cape coral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was in the Regency hotel for one night,I lost my connection at the miami irport and and A Airline sent me to this hotel ,I was very upset for a long day,but really minutes later I feel great, when the réception all was fast and friendly especially Mr. Alejandro. Was late about 10.30 pm, and I went to the restaurant in the lobby, I Was an hour eating at the restaurant, I have to say that the service of the Restaurant and food was fantastic,eventhough it was crowded the restaurant,but Mr Ernesto has a magic to serve customers realmnete was the best time I had on all day,The room was very nice so I recommend this hotel , it is near the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This hotel was a great bargain for a last minute deal. They have airport pickup and the staff went out of its way to get me checked in early. Also, a casino was within walking distance (1 mile) and a great Latin restaurant (Latin Cafe 2000) was just down the street. Even though it was close to the airport did not have too much noise. Older hotel but it had a great A/C wall unit. Had a decent pool area, restaurant and bar. Everything you need.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were given a voucher by American Airlines to stay here because of a cancelled flight. We waited a good 30 minutes for the hotel shuttle while others for better hotels passed us 2 and 3 times in that time period. The hotel is dated and doesn't really feel clean. The staff was nice enough, particularly the fellow who seated us in their restaurant. The food was not very good. My pasta dish had a top layer of whole rigatoni (was supposed to be penne) with all the broken up overcooked stuff underneath. I ordered rasberry creme brulee for dessert. It came without rasberries. They seemed to be out of a variety of ingredients. The bar had no mint, gingerale, etc. The waitress in the restaurant had no sense of urgency whatsoever. No butter to compliment the slightly stale bread either. I heard every table ask for it. The beds are not made up with blankets, just a sheet. Blankets are in the closet. The pillow sham had visible staining and something stuck on it and the bathroom door looked grimey where people's fingers naturally shut the door when not using the handle. There was also streaks of dirt as if someone had smeared something onto the door. The airconditioner was soooo loud it was hard to sleep. We didn't bother asking for another room as the hotel was evidently full and had to turn away the stranded passengers that AA kept sending.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Regency was a pleasant surprise given the feel and service of the typical airport facility. It provided all the amenities one needs, but each at a higher level than expected. First, the price was just right. To be able to stay over in the expensive Miami area at such reasonable rates is great. Second, the ample and well appointed lobby opens to both a great central bar and a full service restauarant with really unexpectedly delicious food. Third, the outdoor landscaping around what has to be newly designed and built pool really has the look and feel of a four star hotel in Miami Beach. If you come with kids or just on your own as a business traveler (like me) and you don't have the time or interest to deal with all the SoBe hooplah, the pool area is a great respite, to have a beer, take in the sun and be in peace. Finally, the staff were warm, service oriented and efficient. This is my new Miami tavel hotel, for certain.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night before a cruise in March, 2012.

Positives: room was clean and restaurant next door was decent

When we checked in, they tried to get us to pay for the shuttle to the pier which had been advertised as free. They begrudgingly gave us a voucher.

We were given a key to a room that was occupied. Fortunately, the person had a "do not disturb" tag on the door and we knocked. He told us he had the room until 6 p.m. The people at the front desk acted surprised and gave us another room.

Very noisy at night--planes flying over, club downstairs, air conditioner

We attempted to use the fitness room the next morning. All the equipment was broken. When my husband complained upon check-out, they were not the least bit interested.

We're shocked this place has so many good reviews.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
JoseMiguul, General Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
I’m very sorry to hear of your disenchantment with the Regency Hotel. The error in assigning your room is unacceptable, as was the insensitive response from the clerk on duty. Regarding the shuttle to the port, our website clearly states there is a fee. The majority of our guests feel the $10 per person is quite reasonable, and far less expensive than a cab. As for the noise, our proximity to the airport inevitably lends itself to a small level of sound penetration. We do not have an operating club, so I cannot answer this complaint.

Thank you for your observation regarding the cleanliness of the property. This is a common bond in much of our feedback from guests.

Should you allow us to welcome you back, I feel certain that you will leave with a much better impression. Please feel free to contact me directly.
Clio, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We had a very bad experience with American Airlines and the Miami Airport. Needless to say they did not let us on our flight home. We asked where we might stay overnight at a decent rate. We were directed to the Airport Regency where we received a distressed passenger rate. The night staff was friendly and put us in room 630. The room was clean and everything worked well. The shower had good water pressure too. The shuttle going to and from the airport was on time running every half hour. Even though this was a hotel stay we didn't plan on, it was a clean and nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!