“WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Save Saved
You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest Lejeune Rd, 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Car and Room Package
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Miami
South Florida
“WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Recently, I had a trip planned to go north. When I got to the airport, my flight had been overbooked, and the airlines offered to have me stay overnight in a neighboring hotel. Since it was late, and I didn'e feel like driving back to the beach, I decided to take a mini stay-cay and check in to this hotel. BOY, WHAT A SURPRISE! I thought all the boutique hotels were mostly on the beach. But, when arrived at the Regency Miami, everything from getting off from the van, through checkout was superb. The hotel has been recently renovated, and although from the outside, it doesn't look like much, the inside brought about quite a surprise. The lobby was great, there was an awesome restaurant and bar, and even a club. The staff was extremely accomodating, and the rooms were fresh and clean. They even have a pool for an early morning dip after breakfast. I was really impressed- these guys really know what they are doing. I may stay there again just for the coziness of it all-super friendly staff, and very clean.

Room Tip: i stayed on a top floors and had a nice view of the surrounding airport urban nieghbourhood
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Very clean, cozy and quiet. The rooms are large w/ balconies. Decor is beautiful from the lobby to the halls right into to the rooms! Surprisingly enough, did not hear the planes going by w/ the slider closed. Gorgeous pool and landscaping. Ontime FREE Shuttle service. Staff is very efficient and friendly. The restaurant had great food, reasonably priced and plentiful portions. The bartender and waitstaff treated us like we were old friends, they entertained my teenagers w/ some tricksand jokes and even shared there secrets of how to do the tricks. We had some good laughs that night! I highly recommmend staying here!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the main street have a nice view of the airport.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Ok, so I got this hotel when I bid on hotwire.com for a 3 star and upscale hotel. I was rather disappointed to read the reviews and thought that may be its going to be very horrible! But when I landed there after a long flight, I was rather happy to see the warm reception and the beautiful lobby.. Its a busy hotel(from all the airport crowd) and thats why they are strict about the check-in time..
The only problem is that due to its proximity to the airport, you may hear flights landing and taking off, that may be disturbing if you are sleeping in early..
But otherwise this place is warm and nice. Although I didnt like the breakfast buffet..

Overall not a bad deal, but it wouldn't be my first choice! :)

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Short but sweet
I was sent to the Regency Hotel after the flight I was booked on was cancelled. It was a rainy night and I was not looking forward to spending it at an airport hotel. However, I was surprised how attractive and lively the hotel turned out to be. There were three areas to hang out – a Lobby lounge, a full service restaurant and a club. The front desk agent invited me to their happy hour when I checked in. Le Club was a very cool bar. Not very crowed, but the upscale clientele and a great DJ made it fun. It closed a bit early for my taste, but was still enjoyable. I got a great nights rest, and awoke to a rainy day. Too bad as the hotel had a really nice pool.

Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stated here after one of our flights was canceled. Unfortunately we are common victims of airline cancellations and usually end up in an airport hotel once a year. Usually I try to make the best of it but this hotel is in poor shape. The lobby looks very nice but upon exiting the elevator we had a rude awakening. Rooms were being redone and it was a bit of a mess, people were also loudly partying and smoking pot down the hall (you could definitely smell people lighting up when walking down the hallway). The music from the onsite club "le club" could also be heard in our room. if you aren't down to party this might not be the place for you. Room was less than desirable, bathroom was in sore need of an update.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
As innkeepers, we do all to insure a comfortable stay, free from any disruption or inconvenience. On the 12th, our security officers detected the infraction you mentioned and swiftly dealt with the individuals involved. As you noted, the hotel is under renovation and we are 90% complete. Our new room product is amongst the finest in the airport vicinity.
As for your reference to Le Club, it is opened Fridays’ only for Happy Hour. It is marketed to local professionals and hotel guest’s alike and is very low key. The event ends at 11 PM.
We’re sorry we did not live up to your expectations. We hope that you will give us another chance, I’m certain that we will change your impression.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I live in south Miami and my aunt from New York city and me were trying to travel to Hawaii as a vacation, but our AA flight was canceled, so they gave us the choice to be sent to a nearby hotel,I chose the hotel just to go a watch some tv and sleep.

Coming from AA,I did'nt expect for us to be sent to this nice hotel.The driver was fast and nice and the lobby was beautiful, the staff was very professional and everything looked clean.

No bellman was available at the moment since one was helping a family, and the driver went right back to the airport. We had a big suitcase with us, but both my aunt and me are very petite so it was quite heavy for us,as i was trying to pull the suitcase the man from the restaurant offered to help me (later i learned that his name was Ernesto and he is the restaurant host,very good service) but the manager himself, Jose B, came and pulled the suitcase for me all the way to my room.

I found the staff to be very professional and caring, I was very happy with the service and felt like everyone made sure that we were ok.The next day the bellman Luisito helped me to go down to the lobby and took his time trying to find if my flight was on time.
Overall,very clean, nice rooms, but the best is the staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Our flight from Aruba was delayed due to mechanical issues so we then missed our connecting flight. AA had to put us in a hotel in Miami for the evening and we got stuck here. The staff is very nice but the rooms are BAD! We walked in the room and no A/C was running so we turned it on high but even by morning the room was still really warm. It was about 85 degrees in the room when we first arrived. The bathroom was gross. We had mold in our shower, on the shower curtain and around the sink. The sink barely drained and when you turned the faucet on it leaked out the back all over the floor. The tile on the bathroom floor was also chipped and cracked in several places. We did have a balcony....with a great view of garbage cans from the hotel next door. Luckily our stay here was only for 7 hours. I would never have paid to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!