“Leave lots to be desired...” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,435 of 3,659 Restaurants in Miami
Coral Gables
“Leave lots to be desired...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have seen this place packed and busy, now you walk in its empty. The girls behind the counter have no respect for the customers, never smile, never in a good mood. A bakery should have all baked fresh goods at the time they open. Not this place! What happened to baking during the night for the customers? They open the doors and there are no breads on the shelves. You can see all the sweets and cakes from the day before, that never sold! I asked for a baguette with eggs and cheese and she went back and never came back... The owner should make sure the staff is helpful and nice and that they have products to be sold when they open.the business is going down by the day. Terrible, DO NOT recommend.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great guava pastry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went in for a quick snack/breakfast. My friend had a potato omelet which was more like a slice of quiche. Delicious. I had cafe con leche (average for the area) and the best guava pastry I have ever tasted. It was so loaded with guava that at first I thought that they had made a mistake and given me a ham sandwich. Service was very slow and not the friendliest but I will return for more of their delicious pastries.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
“Like it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I tried several desserts to go and share at home and they all were good. Strawberry mouse, Tiramisu, Tres Leches, The location was easy to find. Service was a little rushed, seems like the attendant was in a hurry to go home. Thw spinach pie was good too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“My favorite pastelitos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011 via mobile

Love these pastelitos. The guava ones are great! But my kids and I are crazy about the apple ones! OMG! They usually don't have too many and we end up buying whatever they have. Their breads are yummy, especially the "pan campesino" mountain bread. Will also sometimes pick up a turkey and cheese sandwich on croissant that is good for a quick bite. Love their cafe con leche, cortaditos. We used to buy the tortilla a lot (Spanish omelette) but last time we hot a piece it was a bit fishy. Weird. Speaking of fish... They have good fish croquetas. Pardon the Spanglish. If you're visitng Miami or are a local and have never been to Karlo's please give it a try. Oh... Their cakes and other pastries are all great too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Florida
“So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I have a coworker that has brought Spanish Omelettes from this bakery, so we took a ride to Miami and decided to buy a few slices of Sausage Spanish Omelette. Needless to say I am a little disappointed. It did not have any taste.

We also had their bread and that was delicious. I have never tried any of the pastries, so I cannot comment on that.

The staff is super friendly.

• Visited August 2011