“Don't have free Internet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #47 of 129 Hotels in Miami
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Don't have free Internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Is unbelievable that this kind of hotel don't offer free internet service to their guests when even cheap hotels does. You have to pay about $30 per night for parking as the only option is Valet parking...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
milwaukee, wi., U.S. Virgin Islands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

A/C not working on arrival; when "fixed", room smelled of musty/moldy. Plug in bathroom defective; hair dryer would "shut off"; hair dryer replaced x2 as I was told that was the issue; it was plug. Room situated near loud, noisy group of teenagers. Bidet leaded all over bathroom floor. Finally, moved to another room. No compensation for uncomfortable 6/7 night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Martin L, I'm sorry to hear of the issues you had during your stay with us. I do apologize for the a/c not working in the room when you first checked in as well as the hair dryer not functioning properly as well. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Miami despite these issues you had.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree Hotel for three nights on a recent trip to Miami. We reserved a one bedroom suite, and the entire experience exceeded our expectations. The suite was huge - a full bedroom with balcony, a living room/dining area with a sleep sofa, fully applianced kitchen (with a washer/dryer), 1 full bathroom (with a separate shower and tub) and a spacious half bath.
The view from the large furnished balcony was stunning. It overlooked both Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. We enjoyed our morning coffee and evening cocktails outside in comfort.
There is a large shopping center on the first floor of the property and we were able to pick up groceries, snacks, wine, baked goods and sundries without getting into our car. Very convenient, albeit pricey.
As noted in other reviews, this hotel is located near the Port of Miami. You will need to take a taxi (or your car) to get to other Miami Beach attractions, such as South Beach, downtown businesses, etc.
But, for us, it was a perfect stay at a beautiful property.

Room Tip: Be sure to book a suite/condo rather than a standard hotel room...it's worth the extra cost
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed at this resort for one night and from the time I arrived everyone had their hand out for a tip. As a diamond member with Hilton I was upgraded to a Grand Suite. It was nice but it was the air conditioner didn't work and as the sun came up the room heated up. I spoke with a front desk person at the front desk and there was nothing they could for us that night. It was a bit warm in the room that night.

We had dinner at the bar and the service was so poor and so slow we almost left but since we drove down from Orlando we were hungry and just wanted to eat. The other thing that chaps my butt is when the tip is added to a bill. I've always thought a tip is not an "automatic", but rather earned. The other thing that happened is when I asked to bill my the server said no problem. When I received the new bill the tip went from 15% to 20%. When I asked why, I was told "it for the extra service we provide to get paid from the hotel since the bar is not owned by the hotel. The food was poor at best and the service was poor yet I paid near 40.00 for dinner. Beware of the automatic tips...

Parking... this is crazy... 30.00 a day valet only and you better tip the valet guy big.

Room Tip: If you have to book here make sure you book a bay front room. I would think the city rooms are look...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1EricMenken, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for being a Hilton Diamond member. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do apologize for your a/c malfunctioning in your room. I also apologize for the lack of service at the restaurant. Its true the restaurants are not managed by the hotel but thats not an excuse to provide bad service. I will inform my GM to speak with the restuarant manager regarding the issues you had.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here one night prior to our July 4 cruise. It is a beautiful hotel with breath taking views. Decent size rooms for families. The local area has a bus depot, banks and cafes a short distance away. Its also a short cab ride to the port. We love warm cookies! Definitely will stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Canton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed in this hotel the night before our cruise. We were able to leave our car with valet the entire time we were on our cruise. This provided us peace of mind that our car would be in good hands. The hotel was clean and the staff was professional.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed only one night at the hotel. Overall a great experience, nice view from my room :), good quality of the place. Only the valet parking requirement I did not like to much, I was coming back from a trip from Cuba, where I spend every penny, so I did not carry any cash only my credit card; I would've prefer to park my own car in the hotel parking, because I felt uncomfortable not having cash to give to the valet parking people, but I did not have that option. Then my husband told me that the valet parking was included in the hotel price rent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!